Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Mod of the Week: MountainFireflower

Page 1 / 4
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Name: Kylie. :)

Any other nicknames(s): Online, I have lots. Mountie, Fireflower, MFF, and Muffin are the most common. ;))

Country/area living in: A mountainous state in the United States of America.

Approx age: Between 10 and 20. :p

Personal info: I am the oldest of three. I enjoy writing, blogging, playing guitar, and listening to music.

Professional info: I'm a high school student. :)

Physical Stats: I'm rather short, I have short hair, and I'm not blonde as my signature may suggest. ;))

Most embarrassing moment in last 12 months: The other day I was at a Christian conference, and I was caught up in the worship. I was swaying to the music and accidentally bumped into the guy next to me. He put his hand on my shoulder to steady me. It wasn’t extremely embarrassing, though – I have many more stories I could tell. ;))

Favorites:

Books: The Chronicles of Narnia (of course :p), The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Hollywood Nobody series by Lisa Samson, the Katie Parker series by Jenny B. Jones, and a bunch of Karen Kingsbury books. ;))

Movies: All three of the Narnia movies to some extent, Pride & Prejudice (mainly 2005, but also 1995), Penelope, Lord of the Rings (all three), Facing the Giants, Fireproof.

TV shows: Robin Hood BBC (can you tell? :p), Merlin, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, Little House on the Prairie

Food: Anything pasta; pizza, Italian food, ice cream, brownies, apple pie, smoothies, tacos, Mexican food… I could go on. :p

Favorite animal: Tigers, cats, horses, cats, dolphins, cats… I like cats. :p

Music: Right now, I really like Owl City! Also, Christian contemporary/rock, Relient K, Stellar Kart, Barrage, and Irish reels.

Favorite Narnia Book: The Last Battle. Such a beautiful ending.

History on Narniaweb: Prior to joining, I lurked for a looong time (ever since PC was in pre-production) because I wasn’t sure my parents would let me join. I finally got tired of being left out and hearing about what an awesome place NWeb was. On May 21st, 2010, I was browsing the internet when I turned to my dad and said, “Would you let me join a Narnia forum?” He said yes, and that was that. On March 24th, I was asked to be a moderator and I’m pretty sure life will never be the same again. ;)

What he/she likes best about Narniaweb: The people! I’ve met so many people on here, especially in the chatroom. You are all amazingly fabulous!

Rule most often forgotten by me: Staying on topic, probably – either that or having substance in my posts. Yes, your moderators even have trouble with that! My first posts were extremely substanceless – I’m surprised I didn’t get more PMs than I did. ;))

Favorite/funniest Nweb memory: April Fool’s Day! I’ve never really gotten into it before, but now it’s one of my favorite memories. It’s extremely entertaining, and since I joined the Mod Squad shortly before my first April Fool’s Day on NWeb, that made it all the better. ;))

First Narniaweb Post:
It's not much to write home about. ;)) It was posted in this thread here, titled “That First Moment”:

Trailers, It looked so real when you first see film even, if its just short clips.

I agree. That's when it started to become real for me. I had vaguely known about the movies before the trailer came out but after that it really sunk in that the movie was happening. It was (and still is) so exciting! :D

Typical Sayings(s): Oh my dear word; LOL; Hahaha!; ROFL ... I don't really have many. ;))

Comments by other mods:

She's lean, she's mean, she's wields the Sacred Frying Pan of Spammer Splatting. She takes guff from no one and thwacks offenders with the power of pure forged iron (with a comfy rubberized grip and teflon coating). She knows what ails you and can cure it, all for the price of a potholder. Need a can of Pam for that headache? It's Mountie, and this time she's gonna fry you.

I haven't known Mountie for very long, but from what I've seen and how I've interacted with her, I've concluded that she is a very fun and very sweet person and a fantastic addition to the Mod Squad. :D Great to have you here, Mountie! *tosses confetti*

The first time I interacted with Mountie was when I welcomed her to the site. I remembered liking her username-- but when I actually started interacting with her around the forum, and especially on the Mod Squad, I learned she was even more amazing than her username would lead you to suggest. I love her to pieces and have the best time either going crazy over music with her or having a serious conversation. It's the best when you can meet someone online and become such close friends with them.

Mountie is great mod and a good friend. We became mods the same day. I've enjoyed getting to know her and working with her to patrol the CCD and keep the forum spammer free.

When Mountie first poked her head into the Town Square I greeted her by saying "Mountie's here!" Really, what else is there to be said?

I can no longer look at frying pans without thinking of Mountie.

MOD NOTE ( ;)) ): Before you post questions, I do have a couple things to say. I have quite a few things going on this week, so if the question load gets too overwhelming, I won't be able to answer all of them. Please pick and choose your questions carefully. :) Also, please don't put more than 15 questions per post, and wait until I've answered your questions before asking me more. This will make it more manageable (and fun!) for me. :) Thanks!

av by dot

Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2011 5:46 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

1 What are you feeling as you start Mod of the Week?
2 How many questions do you think you'll get?
3 How many questions do you want to get?
4 How many questions do you think I'm going to ask you?
5 What was your first reaction when you were asked to be a mod?
6 Did you purposefully pick this week because you knew I'd be gone starting Thursday?
7 Did you know of me at all prior to becoming a mod?
8 What is your favorite thing about being a mod?
9 Do you have brothers or sisters or both?
10 How many pets do you have?
11 What are their names and species?
12 Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in the Hobbit as you can.
13 Name as many uses for a fry pan as you can think of.
14 Without looking, name as many of the seven lords from VDT as you can?
15 Do you like to eat muffins? (the nontalking variety of course)

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Posted : July 24, 2011 5:46 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

1 What are you feeling as you start Mod of the Week? Very nervous. ;))
2 How many questions do you think you'll get? A lot... though I hope not. ;))
3 How many questions do you want to get? Not a lot, to be honest, though y'all might think otherwise. :p
4 How many questions do you think I'm going to ask you? Let me guess... a lot? ;))
5 What was your first reaction when you were asked to be a mod? Shock! I jumped up and down screaming for a little while. ;))
6 Did you purposefully pick this week because you knew I'd be gone starting Thursday? No, not intentionally. :p
7 Did you know of me at all prior to becoming a mod? Yes, a little bit! I knew you by your "Narnian Officer" avatar and being on the Birthday Committee. ;))
8 What is your favorite thing about being a mod? THE POWER!!! Um... just kidding. O:) I love hanging out with the other mods and the members as well! :D
9 Do you have brothers or sisters or both? I have one sister, and one brother. :)
10 How many pets do you have? Two cats, and three fish. ;))
11 What are their names and species? The cats' names are Tuxedo and Chessie, and they are manx, though Chessie is a manx/tabby mix. The fish are all betta fish, and while two of them don't belong to me (they belong to my siblings), their names are Flynn, Wally, and Jordan. Can you guess which one is mine? ;))
12 Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in the Hobbit as you can. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Thorin, Nori, Dori. Am I forgetting any? :p
13 Name as many uses for a fry pan as you can think of. Banning spammers, cooking eggs, killing centipedes, hurting robbers, and defending yourself from strange people that come into your tower. ;))
14 Without looking, name as many of the seven lords from VDT as you can? Ahhh... Argoz, Rhoop, Mavramorn, Bern... and the rest escape me at the moment.
15 Do you like to eat muffins? (the nontalking variety of course) Of course! I'm proud to be nicknamed after such yummy snacks! :D

av by dot

Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2011 5:55 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

1) How often do you visit the MH thread?
2) Do you find the Thread Title containing your first post ironic?
3) What's the best thing about NW?
4) What's the worst thing about NW?
5) Who's the next Mod of the Week?

Congrats Mountie!!! You make an awesome mod here!!! (Thought it was funny who you quoted in your first post ;) )

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : July 24, 2011 6:08 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Do you prefer pens with caps or the ones that click?
Would you pick a pair of shoes you like, or would you pick a dress you like equally?
What's your fav. day of the week?
How many book have you approximately read in your life?
Have you laughed till you cried?
How old were you when you learned to read?
Do you like cereal or hot cocoa?
If you could choose to go to and edible world, which would you choose: Sweet World, Spicy World, Savoury-food world,or Sour-food World?
What song/sound are you listening to right now?
What's your favourite flower?
What is your favourite girl name?
What's your favourite boy name?
What is your favourite hymn?
If you could go to any fictional world that was not Narnia, which would you go to?

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : July 24, 2011 8:08 pm
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Mountieeeee! :D

36. Who's your favorite character from Tangled?
37. Do you like to use smilies?
38. Which smilie is your favorite?
39. Which smilie do you use the most?
40. Which smilie do you wish you used more?
41. What is your favorite musical?
42. Do you cry during movies?
43. Would you rather have really cold weather or really hot weather?
44. What is your favorite thread on NarniaWeb?
45. Which game on NarniaWeb is your favorite?
46. Do you have any books on your to-read list?
47. If you could travel anywhere in the world (the real world, unfortunately ;)) ) where would you go?
48. Laptop or desktop?
49. Mac or PC?
50. How's Philip? ;))

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : July 25, 2011 4:41 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I think 35 got skipped. So here it is:
35 Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in Disney's Snow White as you can.

4 How many questions do you think I'm going to ask you? Let me guess... a lot? ;))

That depends on what you call a lot. ;))

their names are Flynn, Wally, and Jordan. Can you guess which one is mine? ;))

Hmm maybe Flynn ;)

12 Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in the Hobbit as you can. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Thorin, Nori, Dori. Am I forgetting any? :p

Yep. That brings me to my next few questions. And yes I did it from memory. ;))

51 What do you think of the picture of Nori?
52 What do you think of the picture of Ori?
53 What do you think of the picture of Dori?
54 What do you think of the picture of Bomber?
55 What do you think of the picture of Bofur?
56 What do you think of the picture of Bifur?
57 What do you think of the picture of Balin
58 What do you think of the picture of Dwalin?
59 What do you think of the picture of Oin?
60 What do you think of the picture of Gloin?
61 What do you think of the picture of Kili?
62 What do you think of the picture of Fili?
63 What do you think of the picture of Thorin?

Posted : July 25, 2011 6:20 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Hey Mountie! I'll try not to overload you with questions. (Good idea to limit each person's post to 15 questions! :p )

1. What's your favourite Narnia movie?
2. What's your least favourite Narnia movie?
3. Why? (Name several parts that annoy you about your least favourite Narnia movie.)
4. What's your favourite part in The Lord of the Rings book?
5. Overall, do you like how LotR was adapted into movies? (Are you a LotR book purist?)
6. What are some of your least favourite parts in any of the three LotR movies?

The fish are all betta fish, and while two of them don't belong to me (they belong to my siblings), their names are Flynn, Wally, and Jordan. Can you guess which one is mine? ;))

Um, let me see, maybe Flynn? ;) :)

Speaking of Flynn, (and assuming that Flynn is named after the Flynn in Tangled), and seeing your info so far, Mountie, here's another question for you:

7. Could you have possibly forgotten to add Tangled to the list of your favourite movies? :p

12 Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in the Hobbit as you can.

Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Thorin, Nori, Dori. Am I forgetting any? :p

Just three: Ori, Balin and Dwalin. :) Good job!

8. Are there any insects (or insect-like creatures) that you just can't stand? (Centipedes, spiders etc.?)

Note: The questions have been numbered and individually bolded for you. All you have to do is quote them and answer them. I even left them uncolored for added ease.

The only problem is, Twigs, that bolded words don't show up bolded when you quote them... :p (But I'm sure Mountie appreciates you numbering them and leaving them uncoloured.) :)

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : July 25, 2011 7:14 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Note: The questions have been numbered and individually bolded for you. All you have to do is quote them and answer them. I even left them uncolored for added ease.

The only problem is, Twigs, that bolded words don't show up bolded when you quote them... :p (But I'm sure Mountie appreciates you numbering them and leaving them uncoloured.) :)

When I quote them they do (as long as I quote the whole message and not just a section). :- They have the codes around them in the in the post reply box and are bolded in the preview.

Posted : July 25, 2011 7:53 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

Wolfy! So great to see you here! :D

16. How often do you visit the MH thread? Sometimes. I don't understand half of what goes on in there, though. :p
17. Do you find the Thread Title containing your first post ironic? Now that you mention it, yes. ;)) It made me smile.
18. What's the best thing about NW? I'd have to say the people and the atmosphere. It's so great to be able to talk to a bunch of people who have the same interests I do. :) I've come away with a lot of great friends. :D
19. What's the worst thing about NW? The spammers. ;))
20. Who's the next Mod of the Week? I believe it is our dear daughter of the King! :D

Bella!!! :D Your questions are so random. I love them. ;)) B-)

21. Do you prefer pens with caps or the ones that click? Ones that click, of course! They're so much more entertaining.
22. Would you pick a pair of shoes you like, or would you pick a dress you like equally? Probably a pair of shoes.
23. What's your fav. day of the week? Friday!
24. How many books have you approximately read in your life? Um... how about millions? :p
25. Have you laughed till you cried? Oh, yes. Many times.
26. How old were you when you learned to read? Three years old.
27. Do you like cereal or hot cocoa? How about both? :p
28. If you could choose to go to and edible world, which would you choose: Sweet World, Spicy World, Savoury-food world,or Sour-food World? Ahhh... that's a hard one. I was going to say Sweet World, but I'm not as big a fan of sugar as one might think... so probably Savoury-food World. :D (I loved this question, by the way. ;)) )
29. What song/sound are you listening to right now? The sound of myself typing. It's pretty loud. ;))
30. What's your favourite flower? Roses or daisies. :)
31. What is your favourite girl name? I really like Lucy ( ;)) ) and Lily May, though that's a really hard question for me to answer.
32. What's your favourite boy name? This one is easier to answer... I love the names Ryan and William. :)
33. What is your favourite hymn? It Is Well With My Soul. The story behind it is so beautiful.
34. If you could go to any fictional world that was not Narnia, which would you go to? Either Middle-Earth or one that I've created in my stories. :)

Twigs! This question was yours. ;))
35. Without looking, name as many of the dwarves in Disney's Snow White as you can. Ack... I've never seen that movie that I can remember. Okay, let me think. Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, and Bashful (though, my dad accidentally told me that last one, so it doesn't count. ;)) ). Isn't there one more?

Silvieeeee! I've missed you! Thanks for coming by my thread!

36. Who's your favorite character from Tangled? Flynn!! And Rapunzel. And Pascal. Oooh... do I have to pick just one? :p
37. Do you like to use smilies? YES!
38. Which smilie is your favorite? This one: ;))
39. Which smilie do you use the most? This one: ;))
40. Which smilie do you wish you used more? :D/
41. What is your favorite musical? Singing in the Rain! :D
42. Do you cry during movies? It depends on the movie, but... yes. :p
43. Would you rather have really cold weather or really hot weather? Really cold weather. I like cold weather better than hot.
44. What is your favorite thread on NarniaWeb? Uh... all of them? :p Probably the "How did you come up with your username?" thread. It's very insightful. B-) :p
45. Which game on NarniaWeb is your favorite? Name That NarniaWebber.
46. Do you have any books on your to-read list? Um, yes. A lot. ;)) Re-reading The Hobbit is one of them.
47. If you could travel anywhere in the world (the real world, unfortunately ;))) where would you go? Scotland or Ireland.
48. Laptop or desktop? I prefer laptops, but unfortunately mine is broken right now, so I am forced to use a desktop. My answer to your question would have to be... whatever is working at the moment. ;)
49. Mac or PC? PC! I've never had a chance to try out a Mac, so maybe if I did I'd like it better.
50. How's Philip? ;)) He is doing wonderfully! He's currently on vacation to the Bahamas right now, but I'll let him know you asked about him. ;)

Twigs!! Thanks for coming by again. And thank you so much for bolding the questions for me. That made it so much easier. :D

These questions were really hard for me, since I haven't taken the time to see which dwarves were which by name. I've only ever seen them collectively. :p

51 What do you think of the picture of Nori? I like it, though the star on his head is... unique.
52 What do you think of the picture of Ori? He looks rather interesting. Not what I pictured, but that's okay. :p
53 What do you think of the picture of Dori? He looks good to me! :D
54 What do you think of the picture of Bomber? For a comic relief character, he looks amazing. I'm still trying to figure out his braided beard, though. ;))
55 What do you think of the picture of Bofur? He looks great, and his hat is kinda cool. B-)
56 What do you think of the picture of Bifur? He gets a thumbs-up from me! :D
57 What do you think of the picture of Balin I like his snowy white beard. Very awesome. He reminds me of one of Snow White's seven dwarves. ;))
58 What do you think of the picture of Dwalin? I like him, though for some reason he reminds me of a monk...
59 What do you think of the picture of Oin? He looks good to me, though for the life of me I did not remember seeing him before. I'm sure I have, though... I just forgot.
60 What do you think of the picture of Gloin? I love it! He looks just like Gimli! :D
61 What do you think of the picture of Kili? Despite looking extremely Elvish, I like him and Fili quite a lot.
62 What do you think of the picture of Fili? I actually really like him. He looks hilarious. ;))
63 What do you think of the picture of Thorin? Okay, well... he isn't what I pictured for Thorin. At all. But I still really, really, really like him. Richard Armitage is a fabulous actor and I look forward to seeing his portrayal. :)

That depends on what you call a lot.

Oh dear... somehow you're being quite cryptic. ;))

Hmm maybe Flynn

How'd you guess? ;)

Yep. That brings me to my next few questions. And yes I did it from memory.

I was actually brushing my teeth last night and remembered I had forgotten Balin and Dwalin! I wish I had them memorized like you do. :p

Hello, Nellie! The length of your post was just right, and I'm so glad you stopped by! :D

64. What's your favourite Narnia movie? LWW. It's probably going to be my favorite forever. :p
65. What's your least favourite Narnia movie? Um... either PC or VDT. There are elements I like about them, and elements I don't like. It's really hard for me to choose just one...
66. Why? (Name several parts that annoy you about your least favourite Narnia movie.) Well, while yes, PC wasn't faithful to the book, I think it lacked a lot of the magic that LWW had. It was kind of a dark film to be honest, which doesn't exactly bother me, but I tend to not watch it just because of that. As for VDT, I think it had a lot of plot devices that it could have done without. It was a great movie, but a bad adaptation.
67. What's your favourite part in The Lord of the Rings book? Well, which book? ;)) I really like the parts with Boromir - he is one of my favorite characters. Also, I love all the parts with the hobbits. I also really enjoyed the scene with Strider, because it's very mysterious and for the longest time I had no idea that

Spoiler
he was Aragorn.

68. Overall, do you like how LotR was adapted into movies? (Are you a LotR book purist?) Yes, I'm a huge fan of how it was adapted into movies! I think they did the best job they possibly could with such long material. ;)) While I would have loved to see Tom Bombadil and the Scouring of the Shire, I can see why they had to leave those parts out. Overall, I love how they tried to stick as close to the book as possible - that's something I don't see a lot.
67. What are some of your least favourite parts in any of the three LotR movies? Well, the part at the beginning of RotK where Smeagol turns into Gollum just really disgusts me... I've always fast-forwarded past that part. ;))
68. Could you have possibly forgotten to add Tangled to the list of your favourite movies? Oh dear! Yes... I did. Well, regardless, it's on that list all the same! ;))

Um, let me see, maybe Flynn?

*nods* That guess is quite correct, my dear! :)

EDIT:

When I quote them they do (as long as I quote the whole message and not just a section). They have the codes around them in the in the post reply box and are bolded in the preview.

I think that bold does show up in quoting, if you do it carefully. I ended up just editing Twigs' post and copying the code from there. ;))

av by dot

Topic starter Posted : July 25, 2011 7:56 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

When I quote them they do (as long as I quote the whole message and not just a section). :- They have the codes around them in the in the post reply box and are bolded in the preview.

(Oh my, maybe I shouldn't have triple-quoted; this is getting slightly confusing... :p )
Anyway, that's interesting, Twigs. I didn't know you could do that. So in order to quote the whole post so as to have the words bolded, do you click the "Quote" button at the top of the post you want to quote?
*Hopes this isn't getting so technical that it will be moved by a mod to a forum-usage type thread. Will attempt to make this post longer than what she's written so far...*

When I quote them they do (as long as I quote the whole message and not just a section). They have the codes around them in the in the post reply box and are bolded in the preview.

I think that bold does show up in quoting, if you do it carefully. I ended up just editing Twigs' post and copying the code from there. ;))

(See above) :p

Okay, time to comment on Mountie's responses. (And maybe ask a few more questions while I'm at it.) (Any questions I ask will be bolded, so they can be identified, and answered, more easily.) :)

16. How often do you visit the MH thread? Sometimes. I don't understand half of what goes on in there, though. :p

...after finding out that "MH" means "Mousehunt" from my mom (johobbit): I don't think I understand more than half of what goes on in there, Mountie! :p

Mountie, are there any parts of Tangled that you don't like?

45. Which game on NarniaWeb is your favorite? Name That NarniaWebber.

*Didn't know that this thread was opened again...will have to check it out :p *

Who's Philip?

67. What's your favourite part in The Lord of the Rings book? Well, which book?

Actually, contrary to popular belief, The Lord of the Rings is just one book. It is not a true trilogy. It was only split into three separate volumes because of the printing costs at the time of publication. (It was more cost-efficient to print it as three separate volumes rather than one.) Furthermore, it has even been published as one volume in more recent years. Just so you know! :p

68. Overall, do you like how LotR was adapted into movies? (Are you a LotR book purist?) Yes, I'm a huge fan of how it was adapted into movies! I think they did the best job they possibly could with such long material. ;)) While I would have loved to see Tom Bombadil and the Scouring of the Shire, I can see why they had to leave those parts out. Overall, I love how they tried to stick as close to the book as possible - that's something I don't see a lot.

I agree 100%! :D

One more question for you, Mountie, a query that must have been missed from my previous post, so I'll state it again:
Are there any insects (or insect-like creatures) that you just can't stand? (Centipedes, spiders etc.?)

That's all (for now)! Thanks, and good job answering all of the questions so far, Mountie! :)

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : July 25, 2011 10:11 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Hi Mountie! I'm really enjoying reading this thread, it's so much fun to get to know you better. :)

What is your favorite kind of pizza?
What is your favorite kind of ice cream
Do you like root beer?
Do you like chocolate?
If so, do you like dark chocolate?
Do you like mint chocolate?
Do you like peaches?
Do you like baseball?
Do you like football?
How long have you been playing the guitar?
What is your favorite song to play?
Have you seen North & South?
Who is your favorite character in Fireproof?
Have you read Fireproof the novel?
Are you excited about Courageous?

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Posted : July 25, 2011 10:18 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

*puts on his "NWeb Weekly Magazine" Press hat*

I'm here today with Mountie, well known frying pan-wielding Moderator at NWeb and we asked her a few questions about life, love, molecular biology, quantum mechanics, brewing times for iced tea, and her upcoming movie, "Revenge of the Collander".

So Mountie, how are you today?

Good, good. Now I see here you like to wield a frying pan. Your skill with smacking down spammers is legendary, they say. Is this the truth?

A burning question all of us have is this. Is your pan teflon coated or plain cast iron?

And the shock of whacking a spammer back into the void....does it ever hurt your arm?

Ok, so let's talk about your upcoming film, "Revenge of the Collander". I see you're going with a cooking implements theme here with the pan and the collander. Any chance we'll see you taking on a crock pot in the near future?

An egg beater maybe?

Ok, well our readers want to know how you feel about other animated (Pixar-ish and conventional) films. Are there any others that stand out that you really like?

If I told you that I was secretly a pro-wrestler by the name of "The Burrito" would you believe me?

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle: How do you feel about it?

Our readers have been hearing about something on NWeb called the "Mod Army". You seem to be affiliated with that supergroup. Care to describe what this entails to our faithful readership?

And what position do you hold?

Word on the street is your a Star Trek fan. Any truth to this rumor?

And what captain do you consider to be the best?

If the Mod Army stipulated that all members wear Starfleet uniforms would you comply?

Wouldn't this make your ship the USS Flying Pan? Get it? ha! I kill me.

Well, we'd like to thank Mountie for her time and wish her the best of luck in her upcoming film Revenge of the Collander (not yet rated) and her new TV series I Married a Zombie Astrophysicist!.

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : July 25, 2011 11:19 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

Edmund or Lucy?

what's is your favorite food?

Peter or Susan?

who is your favorite actress?

who is your favorite actor?

porcupines or mice?

do you like the Green Mist?

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : July 25, 2011 11:27 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

...after finding out that "MH" means "Mousehunt" from my mom (johobbit): I don't think I understand more than half of what goes on in there, Mountie! :p

;)) Glad I'm not the only one!

69. Mountie, are there any parts of Tangled that you don't like?
Not really. ;)) The "Mother Knows Best" scene isn't very memorable, but I do like it in a weird sort of way. :p What about you?

70. Who's Philip?
Ah, how to answer this question... Philip is my pet gryphon, though of course he's not exactly, um... real. ;)) He was a character I invented for the War of the Overdoms in Ditto Town, and Silver the Wanderer even drew him to use on her Mod Appreciation Day graphics for me. :D

Actually, contrary to popular belief, The Lord of the Rings is just one book. It is not a true trilogy. It was only split into three separate volumes because of the printing costs at the time of publication. (It was more cost-efficient to print it as three separate volumes rather than one.) Furthermore, it has even been published as one volume in more recent years. Just so you know! :p
Ooh, thanks for that interesting tidbit! :D

71. Are there any insects (or insect-like creatures) that you just can't stand? (Centipedes, spiders etc.?)
Ooh, I'm sorry I missed that one. ;)) Um, well, I'm not a huge fan of spiders or centipedes, though surprisingly, they don't bug me as much as they could (pun intended. :p). I really don't like Daddy longlegs spiders. Actually though, lately I can't stand ants. We've had them invading our house lately, and they've really been bothering me lately. I actually once killed a centipede with a frying pan, which you've probably heard about if you've read the Tangled SF. ;))

Master SL! *snaps a salute* What an honor it is to have you here with us! *sits down on the couch with her frying pan on her lap, fully prepared to answer questions* B-)

72. So Mountie, how are you today?
Doing well, thank you! It's not been the greatest day and it's threatening to rain pretty soon, but I'm doing okay.

73. Good, good. Now I see here you like to wield a frying pan. Your skill with smacking down spammers is legendary, they say. Is this the truth?
*laughs* Well, it depends on what you define as legendary... apparently, people are amazed at my frying pan skills, but I'm not really sure what they find so interesting about it... I just use what I have on hand, you know? And since I hardly ever use my frying pan to cook things, banning spammers keeps my pan from getting rusty. It's a measure of practicality more than anything, but I'm glad people find it so iconic.

74. A burning question all of us have is this. Is your pan teflon coated or plain cast iron?
It's plain old cast iron, I'm afraid. Word has it that my grandmother used it back in the 60's.

75. And the shock of whacking a spammer back into the void....does it ever hurt your arm?
All the time. Let me tell you though, it's a great way to build muscle.

76. Ok, so let's talk about your upcoming film, "Revenge of the Collander". I see you're going with a cooking implements theme here with the pan and the collander. Any chance we'll see you taking on a crock pot in the near future?
You know, I still have to talk about it with my agent, but I really like that idea! I'll have to see what he thinks - I'm a big fan of crock pots myself. They're so handy to cook things in, though they're one thing I probably couldn't use as a weapon. Still, a movie about it would be quite fascinating!

77. An egg beater maybe?
Of course, of course! People really like to hear about ordinary cooking utensils becoming extraordinary, I've noticed. A good example is that one movie, The Brave Little Toaster!

78. Ok, well our readers want to know how you feel about other animated (Pixar-ish and conventional) films. Are there any others that stand out that you really like?
Oh, I love Pixar movies. Anything by Disney/Pixar is amazing by my standards. My specific favorites would be Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, and UP.

79. If I told you that I was secretly a pro-wrestler by the name of "The Burrito" would you believe me?
*raises eyebrows* I don't know... are you?

80. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle: How do you feel about it?
Uh, what is that?

81. Our readers have been hearing about something on NWeb called the "Mod Army". You seem to be affiliated with that supergroup. Care to describe what this entails to our faithful readership?
Ah, yes. The Mod Army. Well, we were founded about a million lightyears ago by this really awesome mod named Shadowlander. Our goal... well, I can't tell you our goal, but we'd eventually like to take over the world someday. In the meantime, our purpose is to bring virtual mod awareness to the world and to share the love of cheese curls with everyone. At least I think so. Don't quote me on that...

82. And what position do you hold?
I recently joined the group as Airman MFF, and I fly an ultralight and shoot chili cheese fries. I have quite a fun job if I do say so myself.

83. Word on the street is your a Star Trek fan. Any truth to this rumor?
I can safely confirm that this rumor is true.

84. And what captain do you consider to be the best?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the starship Enterprise.

85. If the Mod Army stipulated that all members wear Starfleet uniforms would you comply?
Of course, if it didn't clash with my feather earrings, magic hair, and frying pan.

86. Wouldn't this make your ship the USS Flying Pan? Get it? ha! I kill me.
Sure, if you'd like to buy me one. ;))

Thank you for interviewing me, SL! 'Twas a pleasure, and I'd be open to more interviews in the future. B-)

Heya, SnowAngel! So good to see you! I'm glad you're enjoying this thread- I am too. :D How've you been? :)

87. What is your favorite kind of pizza? Pepperoni all the way!
88. What is your favorite kind of ice cream? Cookies and cream or chocolate cookie dough. LOVE those. :p
89. Do you like root beer? Very much so!
90. Do you like chocolate? Yes, but preferably dark chocolate. :D
91. If so, do you like dark chocolate? Indeed!
92. Do you like mint chocolate? I don't believe I've ever had it... I'll have to try it sometime.
93. Do you like peaches? Not particularly.
94. Do you like baseball? Eeeh, from what I've seen of it, yes.
95. Do you like football? Mmhmm! Though I'm extremely sports illiterate. ;))
96. How long have you been playing the guitar? For about 2-3 years, I'd say.
97. What is your favorite song to play? Anything by Owl City. :)
98. Have you seen North & South? Nope, I haven't - is it good?
99. Who is your favorite character in Fireproof? Caleb, I think was his name... Kirk Cameron's character. He was really cool. :)
100. Have you read Fireproof the novel? Ooh, no! I didn't know there was one. I'll have to look into it! Would you recommend it?
101. Are you excited about Courageous? Very much so!! :D

Libby!! Hi! Thanks for coming! :D

102. Edmund or Lucy? Both. ;))
103. what's is your favorite food? Pizza, or anything pasta. :)
104. Peter or Susan? Um... Peter, I guess? It's so hard to choose. :p
105. who is your favorite actress? I like Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon, and Bailee Madison.
106. who is your favorite actor? Um, I have never been good at these questions. ;)) I'm a huge fan of James McAvoy, and Liam Neeson is amazing, too.
107. porcupines or mice? Hmm, mice seem to be the lesser of the two. But let's just say I wouldn't ever want to run into either of them. ;))
108. do you like the Green Mist? No, not particularly. :p It wasn't as bad as it could have been. I wish they had taken more time to develop it, or at least explain it a little more, but that's just my opinion.

Woot! 108 questions already! Thanks, everyone! B-)

av by dot

Topic starter Posted : July 25, 2011 12:57 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: