Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Happy Mod Appreciation Day!!!!

Page 5 / 5
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

Wiiiillllddd... You squealed on us! :P Kidding, kidding. It was fun. :D Thanks so much for organizing all this! Super Ninja Wild Rose. B-)

What she said. ;)) :D

youtube

Posted : May 29, 2012 10:35 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Wiiiillllddd... You squealed on us! :P Kidding, kidding. It was fun. :D Thanks so much for organizing all this! Super Ninja Wild Rose. B-)

haha, sorry, but I felt I had to give credit where credit was due :p (I was brought up that way and my consience would have eated me if I hadn't) :p

always be humble and kind

Topic starter Posted : May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Weirdo
(@weirdo)
NarniaWeb Nut

Everyone,

I have to admit I did almost nothing, and for that I do apologize. I have been very busy with practicing four instruments and my sister getting married next week. I hope it was fun for everyone else and I really appreciate the mods here. You guys put up with my immaturity and for that I am sorry.

Sincerely yours,

Weirdo
(Queen of Weirdom, sister to too many to say, in RL and on chat, fan of too many bands to say, writer, assassin, and a VERY grateful member of the best forum on the Internet: NarniaWeb. :) )

Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.

Posted : May 30, 2012 10:31 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Okay, I know I'm dreadfully late in posting the graphics I made for GlimGlum, but better late than never, right? ;)) Here's the signature:

To a great guy graciously given by God as a mod to the guys and gals on NW, GlimGGreetings! :) Your gracious presence which you so gladly give is greatly appreciated by those who gather on this grand forum. We are grateful for you Glimmie! God bless!

And as for the avatar, I tried, but actually never quite got one made. I did leave it kind of late. Sorry, Glimmie!

But I'll tell y'all what I was planning to have in it, just so you know. I wanted two drawings by the original Chronicles of Narnia artist, Pauline Baynes, both from The Silver Chair, one of Glimfeather the Owl, and one of Puddleglum the Marshwiggle. (I had two particular drawings picked out - one of when Jill and Eustace first meet Glimfeather and the other of when they first meet Puddleglum.)
Anyway, there was going to be these two drawings of Glimfeather and Puddleglum, and then below (or above) each of them was going to be their names, but with a part of each name emphasized in bold or capital letters: the "Glim" from "Glimfeather" and the "glum" from "Puddleglum", since these parts are where GlimGlum developed his username from! But, unfortunately, due to several circumstances, this avatar never quite got made. (However, I plan next year to have an avatar for whichever mod I choose. Hopefully that will work out!) So that was the plan for this year's avatar, anyway. :)

And I especially want to thank GlimGlum, the mod for whom I made my graphics (the avatar of which is still upcoming...sorry Glimmie! ).

Don't know what to say. Thank you, Nellie; way too kind. :)

You don't have to say anything! :) You're most welcome. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you! :D

I also want to say how nice all of the members' avatars and signatures for the mods look - Great job everybody! :)

And a special note for the two videos:
1) Narnian_Badger - yours was lovely, and so thoughtful! I especially like the music, from LotR - Beautiful!!
2) wild rose and lover of narnia - such a special video, combining so many members' comments into one lovely tribute. And the music for yours was really great, too!!

Lastly, thank-you to everyone involved in the planning for this day. You all did such a good job! :D

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : June 19, 2012 11:33 am
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

Thanks again, Nellie. And also for describing the Avatar; that is good enough for me. :)

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : June 20, 2012 6:52 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

You're very welcome! :) Yeah, well, since I didn't quite get the avatar made, I at least wanted to tell everyone what I was planning to have in it; then they could kind of picture it in their minds. I'm sorry again that I wasn't able to have it ready, but I hope you liked the signature. I had fun making it! ;))

And, in case you're interested, the original signature that I wrote was a touch longer than the end result, but it had to be shortened somewhat in order to comply with the number of characters allowed, and it actually worked out so that, in the end, I had the exact number of characters allowed - I think it's 255. One more character and it would have been over the limit!!

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : June 22, 2012 10:24 am
Page 5 / 5
Share: