Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Stepping Through The Stargate

darkhorseD
(@darkhorsed)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey all, saw something like this for Star Trek, and I thought I should do something like this for Stargate, so here are the questions:

1. Which series (SG-1, Atlantis or Universe) was your Favorite?
2. Who was your favorite expedition/military leader?
3. Who was your favorite character?
4. Which Stargate movie was your favorite?
5. If they were to reboot one of the three series, which one would you want them to reboot and why?

So, my answers to these questions are:

1. Stargate Atlantis
2. Major Shepard
3. McKay, easy
4. The original, duh, its what started the series off
5. I would like them to reboot Stargate Universe, mainly because they left it on a cliff-hanger, but also because it had them all stranded permanently in the middle of space trying to survive.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say :D

Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock
Here comes your final hour

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
The worlds left in its wake

Topic starter Posted : May 27, 2012 8:50 pm
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

Which series (SG-1, Atlantis or Universe) was your Favorite?
SG-1. It was the longest Sci-Fi show in America for a reason, you know. Plus it's a fun series to watch with the family when we get together.

Who was your favorite expedition/military leader?
This is sort of tough, as I enjoyed both O'Neill and Sheppard. But, come on, it's Jack O'Neill. He's awesome.

Who was your favourite character?
Honestly I enjoyed all of the characters from Atlantis and SG-1, and a few from Universe. On the whole, though, Sheppard might win, if only because he's the most fun to write about.

Which Stargate movie was your favorite?
Perhaps the Ark of Truth, though none of the movies particularly stand out.

If they were to reboot one of the three series, which one would you want them to reboot and why?
Either Atlantis or SGU. Atlantis had a ton of potential that unfortunately got scrapped because the writers had a new favourite toy (:P ), plus I enjoy the show more. SGU because, while I didn't exactly like the first season, it had begun to improve a lot and was left on a cliffie. But not SG-1. It had its run; anything more would be a bit redundant.

So I'm curious; are you on GateWorld? ;)

youtube

Posted : May 29, 2012 10:58 am
darkhorseD
(@darkhorsed)
NarniaWeb Regular

until now, I had never heard of GateWorld, so no.
Am now though

Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock

Best use it well
But remember yourselves

Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2012 2:17 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Which series (SG-1, Atlantis or Universe) was your Favorite?

SG-1 hands down. Atlantis didn't pick up steam until it's 3rd season and it really took off that season with more plots than just the Wraith. I like to pretend Universe doesn't exist. I really couldn't stand it.

Who was your favorite expedition/military leader?

Jack O'Neill with two L's. ;)

Who was your favourite character?

A toss up between General Hammond, Daniel Jackson, and Samantha Carter.

Which Stargate movie was your favorite?

Are you talking about Stargate, Ark of Truth, and Continuum or just the last two? Continuum was pretty classic SG-1. It gave Mitchell his SG-1 trifecta of adventures with the time travel aspect. ;)

If they were to reboot one of the three series, which one would you want them to reboot and why?

Atlantis. It had the potential to add some significant twists to the storyline both on earth and in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Posted : May 30, 2012 3:52 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

I've just recently started watching Stargate SG-1 on Netflix. I only sporadically caught episodes prior to this and would watch but was never fully sure what was happening in the overall story arc, but now that I'm on board I can kinda keep up with what's happening ;)). Previous to this really the original Stargate movie was my deepest exposure to the whole thing. :D

I'm on Season 2 and the Asgardians just made their first official intros, so we'll see what happens there. Those Goa'uld are mean, aren't they? ;))

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : May 30, 2012 1:46 pm
darkhorseD
(@darkhorsed)
NarniaWeb Regular

yup, they are, but just you wait; it gets quite strange further along the series

Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock

Best use it well
But remember yourselves

Topic starter Posted : May 31, 2012 3:11 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Please note that this thread will be closing on Saturday, July 7. After that time, please discuss all things Stargate in the Past Movies or Television Discussion threads.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : June 27, 2012 3:01 pm
Share: