NW bro of Atamar, Hoped4jill, and Georgiefan
NW Younger bro and servant of her highness Ti'ana
sig and ava by me

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:41 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

May I ask why did you change chat room hosts :-

Do you mean software? Because the other one cost money. :p Tirian is testing out a new one, and if we can't get it to manage properly, we'll find a different one. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:43 am
Edmund_is_King
(@edmund_is_king)
NarniaWeb Nut

yes software what ever :P okay... I kinda figured that was the reason.

Oh and Thnk you for your hard work mods and admins :)

NW bro of Atamar, Hoped4jill, and Georgiefan
NW Younger bro and servant of her highness Ti'ana
sig and ava by me

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:47 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow. This is totally not what I was expecting. But... I love it!! It's great! I love the loads of new features that I've discovered within only the first five minutes I've been here. And I'm sure there are tons more I don't know about! There's very little that I'll have trouble getting used to really quickly.

I'm not too fond of the new smilies, and having the avatar on the right instead of the left sure throws me for a loop. However, everything else looks great! It's still new, and it'll take a while for it to become NarniaWeb to me, but I think it's great!

A HUGE thank you to all the mods and especially Tirian for making this one of the best places on the internet!

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:32 am
Aravis Tarkheena
(@aravis-tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Regular

I miss the old NarniaWeb. But this was is very cool, too, just I'm totally unused to it. The other one has lots of memories....

I had trouble transferring my account. I tried it on our laptop (which is our newer computer) and the transfer button kept popping up with "We're sorry, but this page does not exsist" and it took me back to the Old NarniaWeb. I tried it on my ancient Desktop, and it worked! lol.

The weirdest and biggest change for me is the page layout (especially the front page). Forum wise, it's the fact that the avatars are on the RIGHT side, not the left .

Looking further up and further in

avvie by me

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:32 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

NarniaNut, the basic box at the bottom of the thread does not have the formatting options available. However, when you click Post Reply, all the options are present.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:44 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

For some reason, when I go to the end of a thread to post a reply, the box there doesn't have any formatting options at the top. Only until I preview or edit a post do I see the buttons for color, size, etc. :-??

NN, if you want to use formatting in your post you have to click "Post Reply" (little button right above the regular box). Then you are redirected to a new page where you can use color, size, etc. :)

EDIT: I see starkat beat me to it. ;))

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:45 am
Tiana
(@tiana)
NarniaWeb Nut

I could go on and on about little things that I don't think highly of, but overall I think it's great!

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.”

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:45 am
PrincessRosario
(@princessrosario)
NarniaWeb Nut

Welcome to the new NarniaWeb, everyone!

I admit that I was absolutely horrified when I found out awhile ago that the forum would be changing. But now that everything's been polished up, and I realized that I won't be losing the old NarniaWeb, I really love the new forum. It has so many amazing new features (especially for mods... :D) and I think this transition will be a positive one.

*applauds Tirian & FK*

For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and along the way, lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:02 am
Rivulus
(@rivulus)
NarniaWeb Regular

*does his BBcodes by hand the way he's always done it, and cheers that there's no more WYSIWYG editor to write really messy code for people* :p

I think the thing that will take the most getting used to will be the narrowness of the frame. Long posts are going to look even longer now!

Yes, that's going to take some getting used to. I don't know how complicated the the coding would be or if the templates you are using limit that, but in the long run it might be nice if that could be expanded at some point. I'm only using three-quarters of my screen width at the moment, and I don't even have a widescreen monitor.

About the avatars on the right – visually, that just feels unbalanced to me. I think if either the avatars or the sidebar with links was on the right it would be fine, but to have both of them there shoves the actual posts too far to the left.

Overall, I really like the new site, though. I think it's a pretty big improvement.

EDIT: I think we've lost the ability to attribute quotes to a specific person...

EDIT2: Nevermind, you just have to add quotation marks around the person's name. In case anyone else is wondering. ;)

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:06 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks starkat and Val!

The new forum is definitely growing on me already. I'm sure it'll feel like home in no time.

EDIT2: Here's a bit of a bug.

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:11 am
BuBbLyLu
(@bubblylu)
NarniaWeb Nut

I was excited for this change when I heard of it, when someone said NWeb would have the YIM emoticons I was sold. :p ;))

NWeb looks great now! :D I'm not a big fan of it being narrower and that posts are on the right side instead of the left :| but other than that I like it.

It's also going to take some getting used to with formatting posts. ;))

graphics by hyaline12

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:18 am
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow, everything looks spiffy! :D

Quick question: Is there any way to center siggy's anymore? I might be missing something quite obvious but I couldn't figure it out. :-

It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:28 am
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Marshwiggle: To center your sig put [ c e n t e r ] and [ / c e n t e r ] (without the spaces) at the beginning and end of your signature.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:30 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

You can use the tags (without the space). :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:31 am
Page 2 / 26
Share: