Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Page 1 / 26
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

So, here we are. Welcome to the new (and hopefully improved) Community Forums. :D I can't necessarily speak for the other mods, but Tirian and I are very excited about the new forum and dozens of the features it has. However, we're very well aware of the fact that this is a huge upheaval and will take some getting used to.
We're creating this thread as a place for you to vent, praise, question, wonder, mourn, and express any other feelings regarding the old and new forum. (Keep it respectful though please!)
Just a few quick pointers.
~ The old forums can be accessed here for at least a year, but if there is any information in them that you wish to keep, be sure to save it now.
~ If you have any actual questions on how things work around here, please check the FAQ first, and if that doesn't help, then post it here.

Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2009 10:42 am
BAM
 BAM
(@bam)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Wow. The new forum looks great!! :D I love it already, its still Narniaweb, just newer and fresher. A big thank you to Tirian and all the mods for everything they've done . I was worried it would look completely different, but it doesn't, so I'm really happy about it; although I will miss old Narniaweb just a little bit.

My LiveJournal
He saves planets, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures ... and runs a lot. Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved.

Posted : September 3, 2009 9:56 pm
Narniafan30
(@narniafan30)
NarniaWeb Newbie

The new Narniaweb is awesome! miss the old Narniaweb a bit, but the new one looks great and fresh :D I love it, awesome job!

Posted : September 3, 2009 10:29 pm
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'll definitely miss the old NW.
This will have some getting used to.
But I suppose it's for the best! :)

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

Posted : September 3, 2009 11:33 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Good morning and dittos to all! Welcome home!

Oh yes... open lots of topics! :D

Posted : September 3, 2009 11:57 pm
Dr Elwin Ransom
(@dr-elwin-ransom)
NarniaWeb Nut

So. Night falls on NarniaWeb -- and just a few minutes ago, for me anyway, the new forum went live.

Any glitches with converting your old NarniaWeb account? Questions about where (or whether to restart) old threads? Queries about whether the non-WYSIWYG (but still adequate) BB code-based reply boxes at the ends of each pages will have that put-in-code toolbar added at the top?

I have quite a few questions myself, but I'll mostly be waiting for members to ask so I won't feel silly. ;)

By the way, note the nice new YIM-based emoticons to the right. :D

Speculative Faith
Exploring epic stories for God's glory.
Blogs, guest authors, novel reviews, and features on hot fiction topics.

Posted : September 4, 2009 1:25 am
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Other than having to re-do the link in my sig, my account transition went smoothly.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

Posted : September 4, 2009 1:44 am
Phosphorus
(@phosphorus)
NarniaWeb Regular

Beautiful! I really like it. It has an elegant feel. But I don't care so much for the new smilies, personally. [-(

I'll have to get my avatar up later today.

Posted : September 4, 2009 1:55 am
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the New NarniaWeb :D

I think the thing that will take the most getting used to will be the narrowness of the frame. Long posts are going to look even longer now!

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : September 4, 2009 1:59 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Hello, Hello Newbie Narniaweb!

Wow! Big changes for sure! It'll certainly take some time to get used to the new layout, especially the changes made in the forum. But overall, it looks....amazing! :D

Wonderful work!

Can I just say that I'm mildly obsessed with all the new emoticons!

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : September 4, 2009 2:13 am
Narnia_Maniac
(@narnia_maniac)
NarniaWeb Regular

It looks gorgeous!! i am totally in love with it already.

Thanks to Tirian, f_k and all mods! Your hard work has really paid off!

The new forum is definitely improved and the front page is mesmerizing. i love the new poll, calendar and overall layout. I am literally in awe!

Thanks once again to the entire staff for this!

Even if you don't believe in God...
He still believes in you.
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : September 4, 2009 2:39 am
blackstormdrago
(@blackstormdrago)
NarniaWeb Newbie

While it will take time to get used to things I think everything looks great.

Awesome job!

"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake. Love. Think. Speak.
Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters."

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:03 am
Edmund_is_King
(@edmund_is_king)
NarniaWeb Nut

It's going to take me awhile to get used to it :-s I'm not the biggest fan of change :-??

the post style and the page are basically inverted from the old nw :| interesting well all in all I can say I should be able to live :p

Edit: oh and the chat room is killing me atm ;) :-

NW bro of Atamar, Hoped4jill, and Georgiefan
NW Younger bro and servant of her highness Ti'ana
sig and ava by me

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:15 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ok hi every body...
Ugg I really like the old site... it was easy!
my sig came over good so I'm happy about that and I love the new smileys! (That used to be in the cup and platter chat room by the way 8-} )

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:20 am
campgirl
(@campgirl)
NarniaWeb Nut

This place looks great!! Thanks so much for doing this!!!
It is different than the old NW but it reminds me of the Last Battle. Like what Lucy said about looking in a mirror and then looking out the window at the same thing and in a sense they're just the same as each other but different. ;)

Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:38 am
Page 1 / 26
Share: