Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Page 3 / 26
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wierdness, didn't work when I first put up my sig. /:) Thanks!

It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:33 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

Well, the forum certainly does look more narrow.. ;;)

Unfortunately, the name trasfer didn't work for me.. so I go a new account (I was 'jadis narnia' on the old forum).. :/ but that's no big, as long as I'm still with all of you.. Great work to every one involved in the site change.. It looks good.. I'm very glad the color scheme is pretty much the same.. :)

~ jadis

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:38 am
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Ah, it all looks so excellent! I love the background images. And it didn't take as much getting used to as I thought it might to have the avatars on the right. But why is the font in people's member stats different for different people? And so small...

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:47 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well, I have only just now gotten on the forums, but from what little bit I've looked around everything looks great! :D Much sleeker than the old NW and everything seems to run smoother.

A BIG thanks to F_K, Tirian and all the other Mods that have worked so hard at this!! Y'all did a wonderful job! :-bd

Now to explore the forum more!

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:54 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Unfortunately, the name trasfer didn't work for me.. so I go a new account (I was 'jadis narnia' on the old forum).. :/

I fixed your post count, when Tirian and I have time to breath, we'll get your join date fixed as well. :)

Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2009 5:56 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Well, as per my decrepit, dial-up computer's norm I had a good amount of fun this morning trying to get onto the forum.

Like so many others on here, typing in NarniaWeb.com still takes me to the archived site. If it weren't for my good friend, and Fan Art cohort, Gymfan15, I probably wouldn't be on here as of yet.

When I finally did get on here, the new forum wouldn't keep me logged in long enough to even refresh the page, which caused a second batch of woes. But, after clearing my cookies 100%, this problem went away.

I was hoping that the URL would automatically be fixed by doing this as well, but it wasn't. 8-| I guess this is just going to take some getting used to (and I've been on here for more than a month already ;) )

Just give it some time guys. Tirian has said that this forum does weird things when it first starts up. We can only trust in what he's said.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:56 am
Queen of Narnia
(@queen-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you so much for creating the new NarniaWeb! I really like it!

Just let me point out one little thing: the status of non-mods/admins on the right looks a little bit blurry, just as if someone had copied it in. Is it possible to create it a little bit sharper?
Or did you create it that way on purpose? If that's the case I haven't said anything! :D

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:08 am
true_narnia_forever
(@true_narnia_forever)
NarniaWeb Regular

Never mind, I got it working.

I have feedback, but I have to go, so I'll post it later.

Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:21 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

I fixed your post count, when Tirian and I have time to breath, we'll get your join date fixed as well. :)

Please, don't be in no hurry over me, as I have an account.. you have more important things to worry about.. I'm fine.. but thanks very much.. ^_^

~ jadis

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:23 am
Hefziba
(@hefziba)
NarniaWeb Regular

Wow, the new nw is finally online!

YAY! :D

I hope this new forum grow very fast :)

Narnianos.com.br

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:28 am
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, this is quite a shock! I was expecting the changeover to be tonight...but apparently not.

I think it looks pretty good! It doesn't have same feel as the old forum did, though. Perhaps it is like a new house...it isn't home yet. But eventually you'll be able to call it home.

I love the background images and all! The new(ish) logo is very nice also! :D

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:38 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but how do I upload an image?

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:46 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

NarniaNut95, you'll need to click on the Post Reply button at the bottom of the thread instead of using the quick reply box. The upload attachment stuff is in there. :)

Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2009 6:52 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yes, I knew that. But for some reason when I tried to upload a picture it brought me back to the main forum page. Anyway, it's working now, so I was probably doing something wrong. Thank you anyway. :)

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:58 am
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

How do you upload an avatar?

I apologize for my ignorance.

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

Posted : September 4, 2009 7:05 am
Page 3 / 26
Share: