Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 9 / 16
Broken_Spurs
(@broken_spurs)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Hello! I'm Broken_Spurs; or Gracie depending on the platform. Spurs or Grace(ie) is preferred

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Once a queen; always a queen of Narnia.

3. Family (single/married/kids): Uh; I got a lot of loving little siblings and two awesome parents! And two dogs that I love to death.

4. Occupation: Big Sister and Babysitter; however I am interested in becoming a large animal vet.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Actually I've known about it for some time now; a year or so ago (I think) I was looking for information on the Netflix series- and stumbled across this website. However I was watching into the wardrobe on YT a bit ago and the name popped up so batta bing batta boom; I ended up making an account.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I wanna say I was 10-12 when I first read the LWW; during that time I was super into reading and we had rented the movie from the library and got super excited; because I had seen it in theatres years ago but never remembered what is was. I sorta knew about the series; but never actually got into it before we watched the movie again. And after that I grabbed LWW and Prince Caspian; and so on until I read through the series.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Uno. I have only read the entire series once in my life; however I plan to reread it when I get the time to. Though I've listened to Fouse On the Family's Audio drama of it more times than I can count.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I remember really liking the Horse and His boy; the tale of Shasta and Bree was a treat for a horse crazy weirdo. And the Silver Chair; though mostly the second half of the book were its dealing with Rillian.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Well, I like to write; draw, and run. I tend to look a bit to deep into things and I have so many shows I like it's a headache. I tend to lean towards more military and sci fi themed things; however Narnia holds a special place in my heart.

Peter Pevensie is a character I feel I can relate to; it's hard to explain but his character and myself seem to be more alike then I like to admit. 

I'm a fairly friendly person; and love to talk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2021 12:02 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome, @Broken_Spurs! Wave (If you want to change your @nickname to Spurs or Grace(ie), just click on My Profile on the Menu and then click on Account.) Glad you found the forum through Into the Wardrobe's videos; he has great content. 👍  Enjoy exploring the forum, and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Karisa
(@karisa)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Karisa

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: None yet, chronic illness makes it difficult to tackle life stuff. Working on it.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Don’t remember now when I first learned of it or how, just that it was years and years ago at this point.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I read LWW in 4th grade when I would have been 9.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: So far only once through the whole thing, though twice for LWW because I’d read it prior years ago. I always meant to get to it and it just never happened, but in the last year I was getting very nostalgic for Narnia and finally did it and I was hit so hard with how fantastic they are that I haven’t stopped thinking or talking about it for months lol.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW for the sheer nostalgia and magic of it, but VotDT is very close behind for the unique storytelling.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Aaand this is the part where I never know what to say 😋 I love stories of many different kinds and immersing myself in different worlds. I love my family and I love God, and I’m currently adjusting to a big move so I’m relying heavily on both of those. Other than that, nothing interesting or significant comes to mind lol. Maybe part of my love of stories is because reality is largely uneventful 😅

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2021 12:21 am
NarnianRose, fantasia, coracle and 1 people liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

A belated welcome to @Jasminetarkheena. Wave You have certainly jumped in with both feet on the forum here. We are glad you're enjoying the discussions.

And a more recent welcome to @broken_spurs and @karisa! Wave  

Spurs, that is cool you are thinking of being a large animal vet. Have you read James Herriot's delightfully-written tales?

karisa, I'm sorry to hear a chronic illness is part of your life. My own family knows what that is like! Hug to you. I hope you settle in well after this big move. Glad you found NarniaWeb. I truly hope you feel at home here.

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 22, 2021 8:36 am
Narnian78 and Karisa liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jo Thank you. Smile Wave Glad to be connecting with other Narnia fans.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2021 8:55 am
johobbit liked
Karisa
(@karisa)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo Thank you very much! 🥰

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2021 2:32 pm
StickyPanda9976
(@shastaskywalker)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): StickyPanda

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Prince

3. Family (single/married/kids): I'm 15, sooooo...

4. Occupation: Not yet, but soon. (i hope)

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was doing some research (being really interested in podcasts) and discovered the Talking Beasts podcast. It was just a matter of time. (this is also my first forum i've been apart of)

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Maybe 6 or 7? I remembered that when my mom finished the last battle, i cried. i was so sad that there weren't any more.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Once or twice (on my own) I plan to read them a lot more though.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy. I don't know why, i just really enjoy it every time i read it.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I am considering a future in composing (like film scores). I'm extremely ecstatic about any new soundtracks that i listen to from movies that i have recently seen. (Interstellar [2014] is my favorite). Star Wars is the top fan - chise for me. I am also a avid reader, reading almost anything. (I recently started a journey through the world of Frank Herbert's 1965 novel, Dune)

Be still.
The voice repeated the words again and again, like a beating heart, until Janner was at last able to obey and rest, rest, rest. There in the light of the Fane of Fire, Janner Wingfeather encountered -- absorbed -- an abiding peace that he would never forget all the days of his life.
He was still. And he was loved.
Andrew Peterson, The Wingfeather Saga - The Warden and the Wolf King

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2021 11:29 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@shastaskywalker Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy the discussions about Narnia and beyond. There are lots to talk about.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2021 11:42 am
Cyberlucy
(@cyberlucy)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Cyberlucy 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen of Narnia 

3. Family (single/married/kids):  Single

4. Occupation: QA Manager for an agency that works with the developmentally disabled 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I have known about NarniaWeb since the early days of its inception and have occasionally visited it.  I recently started listening to the Talking Beast podcast and decided I wanted to engage with more fans 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was 8.  The kids at school were reading it and when I found out that it was a fantasy novel I wanted to read it. My brother bought the first book for me as a Christmas present 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Many, many times.  

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:  I am a huge genealogy nut 

These are only shadows of the real world

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2021 10:05 pm
johobbit, Jasmine, Courtenay and 1 people liked
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Welcome aboard, @cyberlucy!

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:  I am a huge genealogy nut 

I don't think there's a topic on that in The Spare Oom (or else it's very, very old), but maybe we should start one.  I've gotten into genealogy of late years--I'm now our extended family's expert on such matters.  A fascinating study, overall.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 4, 2021 8:39 pm
johobbit liked
Cyberlucy
(@cyberlucy)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

@aileth  Indeed.  I've become addicted myself.   

These are only shadows of the real world

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2021 4:33 am
tricia_pevensie
(@tricia_pevensie)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name: Tricia (I go by tricia_pevensie on instagram!)

2. King or Queen of Narnia: Queen

3. Family: Married to my lovely husband, hopefully kids are in our future ^^

4. Occupation: I work on handmade crafts from home and would someday like to become an author.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've been listening to Talking Beasts for many years, so I think that must have been my first exposure. I was a kid when the films were coming out and didn't have internet access, so unfortunately I wasn't here when the fandom was most active, but I hugely appreciate that NarniaWeb is still around providing a home for every generation of fan.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was six years old when I first read them for myself (my mom had already read them to me at some point before then), and it ended up being the perfect storm when LWW came out in theaters a year later.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Literally countless times. I'm the type of person who doesn't get tired of things even with constant exposure, so I used to read the whole series once through every month or so as a kid. In more recent years (I'm 23 now) I just pick up whichever book strikes my fancy, but I definitely get through them all multiple times a year, some a lot more than others. (VDT has amazing re-read value.)

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle. Always has been, always will be. I've never related to any other fictional character more than I do to Tirian, and the story itself is my favorite too. Always been partial to apocalypse fiction.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Writing! I love writing, I think I was born to write. I've particularly been writing fanfiction (NOT the romance kind) since before I knew there was a word for that, especially for Narnia, and right now I'm putting a lot of effort into Narnia fics which I post on fanfiction.net (under Tricia Pevensie). I also would like to write original stories one day, but for now I'm happy to practice in Lewis' world, and I think he would be rather amused by that.

Other fun info is that I'm INFP, love dinosaurs and dystopias, and I'm a conservative Christian (in no small part thanks to the groundwork laid by reading Narnia as a child.)

I think that's it! Happy to meet all of you lovely humans (and other assorted Narnian creatures~)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2021 12:36 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

@tricia_pevensie 

Nice, you're one Myers-Briggs type away from me.  I'm an INFJ.

Hope you have a great time on here!

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2021 6:19 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

A belated welcome to @jasminetarkheena, @Karisa, @shastaskywalker, @cyberlucy, and welcome to newest member @tricia_pevensie as well! A lot of nice usernames and nicknames here. Smile I hope you're all enjoying the discussions around the forum. One thread you might enjoy is The Town Square in Ditto Town. It's a thread where members can chat and just shoot the breeze with other members and talk about their day or anything (so long as it doesn't break the rules Giggle ).

Have fun exploring the forum and if you have any questions about anything, just ask! Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2021 10:41 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@tricia_pevensie Welcome to the forum. There are lots to discuss about regarding Narnia and concerns for the upcoming adaptation from Netflix.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2021 6:25 pm
Page 9 / 16
Share: