Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 8 / 16
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Wave   @dawntreader, glad you posted in this thread! We are really happy to have you here on the forum. Grin  

Posted by: @dawntreader

sadly, the only other country I've been to was Canada when I visited Niagara Falls

Surely this was a worthwhile trip. I mean, it's Canada! ♥ LOL Just kidding. (I am a Canadian and proud of it. Giggle ) Seriously, I hope you can visit other countries when the world opens up again. Smile

An official welcome to NarniaWeb, even though you have been active here for awhile now already. Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 3, 2021 9:44 am
Lindsaydoering
(@lindsaydoering)
NarniaWeb Regular

Name (please avoid your real full name): Lindsay             

King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

Family (single/married/kids): Single

How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was doing some online research on LWW and can across some insightful comments -

How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I read – probably the first 4 – when I was 9.  I didn’t make it all the way through.

How many times have you read the Chronicles: Recently – I have read and reread them…uhm…a  lot.

Favorite of the Chronicles: I find HB to be the most amazing - a tour de force.  But I like LWW because it contains elements of all the others.

Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I attended a Lewis conference back in 2019 near where I live (Philadelphia).  I heard some of the top scholars talk about the Narniad – I was impressed by how active a field of study it is. I picked up LWW and Discarded Image, and Planet Narnia – to see what I thought as an adult reader. I got hooked and have been on a journey of study ever since – not only reading Lewis and Lewisiana - but trying to read books AROUND Lewis – books he may have thought important – everything from classics, patristics, lit crit etc. It has been a daunting task – but not in any sense “work”: a calling.  Lewis wrote these books to communicate – not just to children but also to adults.

Aside from that - I'm just a guy trying to make his way in a crazy world. Honestly - if God had not brought this thought journey into my life the last two years - viruses, politics, crime - would have been unbearable. Thank God.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 11:15 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@lindsaydoering 

You are very welcome here!  You have already shown us that you are going to be a great contributor!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Lindsaydoering
(@lindsaydoering)
NarniaWeb Regular

@coracle Thank you - I already enjoy your comments - and especially thank you for moderating.  I am always thankful for things like this - and the various CSL societies - (the ones IRL!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 4:34 pm
coracle liked
Lady Jill the Loyal
(@lady-jill-the-loyal)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hope no one minds me dusting off this thread again. Hi there!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): You could call me Jill, or you could call me Cat - I also go by that name online, because why not (I don't even remember why it started, but I do actually answer to Cat now, even though it's not my name).

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): I'm a girl, but I'd prefer to be a Lady of Narnia than a Queen, tbh.

3. Family (single/married/kids): Sorrowfully single.

4. Occupation: Mine to know and yours to probably never find out. How 'bout I put in 'nerd' here. Seems to fit.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I cannot recall. I think it was connected with vague rumours I heard about someone buying the rights for Narnia, though, and I searched it up. Otherwise, it could've been from one of my many Narnia trivia searches.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I can't remember. As in, literally, I cannot remember ever not knowing them. They were played (Focus on the Family) since I was little. I do remember reading those books of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at school in grade one or something, though, the ones where someone else wrote a four-book set, one from the perspective of each child (I can't remember their titles, sorry). That was, I think, the first time I actually read Narnia rather than having it read to me or listening to it. Otherwise, I've always known them and their storylines.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: How long is a piece of string? Of recent years, I read them at least once a year all the way through (still want to read them in publication order, though). Then I read some of the books and sections of the books when looking for specific things (Courage, dear heart, And now all Narnia will be renewed, or Puddleglum's quote, are the most frequent ones).

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I'd have to say the Silver Chair, because it is the one that descends the furthest and yet shows how a good deed can go a long way to righting everything. Also, Puddleglum.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I write (mostly Narnia) fanfiction, on fanfiction net. I write original fiction, not on the internet. I'm a university student. I like to pretend I can play the piano half decently (spoiler: it fails). I can place almost any line from any of the Narnia books in their correct setting if asked. And finish the quote.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2021 10:39 pm
Courtenay liked
ctherighteous
(@ctherighteous)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Clara

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Student, Start-Up at Aviation and Yachting Company. I was actually inspired by the Dawn Treader and the theme of exploration

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was searching for Narnia Interviews and came across NarniaWeb

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 15

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've lost count, it takes me into another world

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like cooking, guitar, photography, medieval history, historical sites such as The National Trust and National Libraries in The UK. I am an introvert and always wanted to be part of a community like NarniaWeb.

This post was modified 3 years ago by ctherighteous
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 25, 2021 11:17 pm
Courtenay liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, Lady Jill the Loyal, and ctherighteous!

You are most welcome here, and we look forward to getting to know you. (C - you will find a good few introverts on here)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2021 3:19 am
johobbit
(@jo)

Welcome @lindsaydoering, @lady-jill-the-loyal, @ctherighteous. Wave We are glad each of you is here and truly hope you find the NarniaWeb community a welcoming one, with good discussion. Smile  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2021 4:43 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @ctherighteous

I like cooking, guitar, photography, medieval history, historical sites such as The National Trust and National Libraries in The UK.

Hello and welcome, Clara! Smile  

I'm just wondering, are you based in the UK? I am too (though I'm actually an expat Aussie, about to get my dual citizenship) and I'm a National Trust member! I absolutely love visiting their properties — so much fascinating history and beauty. (And free entry for members, and usually excellent cafes as well. Grin )

Also hello and welcome to Lady Jill the Loyal!

Posted by: @lady-jill-the-loyal

I can place almost any line from any of the Narnia books in their correct setting if asked. And finish the quote.

Maybe you could have a go at our "Finish the Quote" game in the Games and Blogs section, which has currently got me completely stumped and I think everyone else as well?? Giggle  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2021 2:28 pm
johobbit liked
Lindsaydoering
(@lindsaydoering)
NarniaWeb Regular

@jo thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2021 12:20 pm
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): mm

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Affianced! We got engaged right before the pandemic happened, so we've been enjoying this extended special time and now we are finally getting to plan our tiny wedding! We hope to add a puppy to our little family in the not-too-distant future. 

4. Occupation: I'm currently a full-time university student. I worked retail jobs for a while after high school (I was homeschooled!) and I was so indecisive. But now I'm in my final two years studying for a bachelor of science in Sustainability and I'm loving it. I finally feel like I'm right where I'm suppose to be, it's great. 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I believe I was trying to look up news for the "new" movies at the time around 2005, and found this site but I didn't join the forum until 2007-ish. 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I think I was about 9 but I can't be too sure. That seems so long ago now...

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I think I've read through them all twice, but individual books I've read more. 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader has always been my favorite, it's such a grand adventure. Followed by LWW and HHB. 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like hiking, playing video games (love Overwatch currently), making art, and watching reality TV shows (right now I'm catching up on LEGO Masters!). I want to get more into nature photography and gardening. My fiancé and I recently moved into a condo with a balcony, so I might try to put a little planter out there - but honestly I'm so scared of bees, therefore scared of having a garden! Our new neighborhood is a little nature oasis tucked within suburbia, and on any given day I can see a myriad of squirrels, hummingbirds, blue jays, cardinals, hawks, bald eagles, coyotes, otters, raccoons, turtles, ducks, - and of course canadian geese. 😑 As a kid, I did a lot of competitive dancing, including tap and ballet, and I miss it so much! I also miss percussion, which was my main instrument. I just don't have time for that stuff anymore, but maybe one day when I'm not a student anymore, I can find the time. Anyways, that's me! I can't believe I started on this forum when I was 16 and now here I am almost in my 30s. Still a Narnia lover despite so many life changes. Time flies. 🙂 

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2021 2:34 pm
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!  I love hiking as well but hiking trails are scare where I currently live which is odd as I'm rural.  The few trails I know about are closed this summer due to wildfire danger.  VoDT is also my favourite of the Chronicles.

I don't know how to write after a quote but the quote below really stuck out to me.  I like that.  "How long is a piece of string?"  Great response.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: How long is a piece of string? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mrs Smooshy

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 2:40 pm
Gandalf
(@momus)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi all!  I'm a looooong time lurker.  Like since the beginning of the forum, but only got an account a couple years ago and am only now posting my very first message!  Woot!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Gandalf - but you can call me Mithrandir.  But my real name is JMats

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): Married with two Narnian princesses

4. Occupation:  Clinical Psychologist

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Probably a google search back in the day

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Too young to remember!

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Dozens

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Right now it's The Horse and His Boy, but it changes often!

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I mess around with bookbinding; love the old school Christian Kalendar; I love liturgy and all things traditional Anglican/British/French. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2021 8:19 am
Courtenay liked
johobbit
(@jo)

*waves at @mm1991 ... it is good to see you again here! Grin Much has changed in many of our lives over the years, yes, indeedy. Enjoy this time of planning your wedding, exciting!

Welcome, loooooong-time lurker, @momus / Gandalf / Mithrandir! Giggle   Wave We are so glad you decided to take the plunge and post on NarniaWeb! I gather from your username that you are also a Tolkien fan. Cool There is a JRRT topic here in the Spare Oom, then, which you might be interested in: https://community.narniaweb.com/index.php/community/postid/3143/. Smile  

EDIT: That is really cool that you are a clinical psychologist! An intense line of work at times, no doubt. Do you have your own practice or are you working under someone else?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 30, 2021 9:22 am
Courtenay liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Jasmine

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): single

4. Occupation: Not working, but involved in my church (Sunday School teacher, church bulletin) So I am a children's worker in my church.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've looked at Narniaweb for latest Narnia movie updates when the Walden movies were in production. I am also a listener of the Talking Beasts podcast (thank you to @gp, @rilian, and @gymfan15). Now for sure, I will join in the latest news and discussion regarding the upcoming adaptation from Netflix.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was introduced to it chronologically, though I knew that CS Lewis didn't published them that way. I got The Magician's Nephew for my 10th birthday and I got the other books either for Christmas or just purchasing at a Christian book store. I was introduced to the series the same year when the Narnia movie franchise from Walden was announced in 2003. So The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe would've started pre-production when I started reading the series. So the Chronicles of Narnia has a special place in my heart.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: more than once

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: a history buff, research, literature.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 9:00 pm
Page 8 / 16
Share: