Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!  

Page 8 / 8
  RSS
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Wave   @dawntreader, glad you posted in this thread! We are really happy to have you here on the forum. Grin  

Posted by: @dawntreader

sadly, the only other country I've been to was Canada when I visited Niagara Falls

Surely this was a worthwhile trip. I mean, it's Canada! ♥ LOL Just kidding. (I am a Canadian and proud of it. Giggle ) Seriously, I hope you can visit other countries when the world opens up again. Smile

An official welcome to NarniaWeb, even though you have been active here for awhile now already. Smile  

7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 3, 2021 9:44 am
Lindsaydoering
(@lindsaydoering)
NarniaWeb Regular

Name (please avoid your real full name): Lindsay             

King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

Family (single/married/kids): Single

How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was doing some online research on LWW and can across some insightful comments -

How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I read – probably the first 4 – when I was 9.  I didn’t make it all the way through.

How many times have you read the Chronicles: Recently – I have read and reread them…uhm…a  lot.

Favorite of the Chronicles: I find HB to be the most amazing - a tour de force.  But I like LWW because it contains elements of all the others.

Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I attended a Lewis conference back in 2019 near where I live (Philadelphia).  I heard some of the top scholars talk about the Narniad – I was impressed by how active a field of study it is. I picked up LWW and Discarded Image, and Planet Narnia – to see what I thought as an adult reader. I got hooked and have been on a journey of study ever since – not only reading Lewis and Lewisiana - but trying to read books AROUND Lewis – books he may have thought important – everything from classics, patristics, lit crit etc. It has been a daunting task – but not in any sense “work”: a calling.  Lewis wrote these books to communicate – not just to children but also to adults.

Aside from that - I'm just a guy trying to make his way in a crazy world. Honestly - if God had not brought this thought journey into my life the last two years - viruses, politics, crime - would have been unbearable. Thank God.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 11:15 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@lindsaydoering 

You are very welcome here!  You have already shown us that you are going to be a great contributor!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.

"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Lindsaydoering
(@lindsaydoering)
NarniaWeb Regular

@coracle Thank you - I already enjoy your comments - and especially thank you for moderating.  I am always thankful for things like this - and the various CSL societies - (the ones IRL!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 4:34 pm
coracle liked
Page 8 / 8
Share: