Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 7 / 16
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

So awesome that Narniaweb now has it's own four Pevensies! Welcome aboard guys! Hope you have fun!

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 9:32 pm
QueenLuTheValiant
(@queenluthevaliant)
NarniaWeb Regular

@jo

Posted by: @jo

I would also love to learn the cello

I would also like to play the cello! It has a beautiful sound, but it is a very large instrument    Wink

"Why, Sir,’ said Lucy. ‘I think – I don’t know – but I think I could be brave enough.‘”

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2021 7:12 pm
SonofStone
(@sonofstone)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): SonofStone

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King 

3. Family (single/married/kids): Youngest of 2 older brothers, mom and dad

4. Occupation: Homeschool student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I don't remember how, but somehow I found it back in 2019 (around Christmas) but I have just recently started listening to the podcast and two days ago got an forum account.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 8 years old

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: More than I can count, at least 4-5 times on the least known ones, probably over 10 on the LWW

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Magician's Nephew, second the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:  I love to read, Narnia, Tolkien, Redwall, Henty etc. I also do a bit of wood working and am building a house with my dad from scratch. I also play a little minecraft, hunt, fly fish, hike and I LOVE ultimate frisbee. I am also a devout born again christian and Full Focus Planner fan boy.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 11:33 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

A big welcome to Narniaweb, @Sonofstone! Wave You're in good company here loving the Chronicles of Narnia Wink Grin as well as the others you mentioned. Sounds like you enjoy a lot of outdoorsy things, that's great!

I remember our middle son playing Ultimate Frisbee when he was in university, and really enjoying it too! Are you on a team?

I'm curious: is your avatar one of the stone images at Helm's Deep in TTT? Very cool, if it is. And even if it is not. Giggle   But I rather think it is. Bats eyes  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 8, 2021 12:29 pm
SonofStone
(@sonofstone)
NarniaWeb Regular

@jo

Yes, I love the outdoors, and I live way in the country, and yes, my avatar is of the stone image of Helm Hammerhand. No, I'm not on a team, it was just games with a bunch of friends, even though my brothers and a few others guys were really good, but we moved, so I will eventually have to start that again.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 12:35 pm
johobbit liked
curiositypaddles
(@curiositypaddles)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name

My username (curiositypaddles) or Ems

2. King or Queen of Narnia

Queen of Narnia 

3. Family

Single

4. Occupation

Student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb

Instagram

6. How old were you when your first read the Chronicles

I was in the eighth grade (approximately 14) and had already watched all three Disney/Walden films, so I decided to read the books as well. I pulled out my father's copy of The Complete Chronicles of Narnia because of the intricate map and wonderful illustrations. Unfortunately, I only made it through The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before having to set them aside to focus on my schoolwork. Last summer (when I was 16), I was set on actually finishing the series so I opened YouTube to listen to the Focus on the Family Audio Dramas and restarted with The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and continued on with the first chapter of The Horse and His Boy... but then I left on a week's vacation - without internet - and by the time I got back home I had forgotten about finishing the series. But atlast, I regained the opportunity to complete the series last week during my spring break (I'm now 17) and listened to all seven books through the Focus on the Family Audio Dramas in about four days. 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles

I've read the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe three times, The Magician's Nephew three times, and the rest once.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe will always be my favorite, but close seconds are The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you

When I'm not working or doing my school work I can be found reading (probably Harry Potter, TLOS, The Chronicles, or Anne of Green Gables), typing out writing projects, tending to my many plants, listening to music (probably The Aubreys, 30's jazz, or Dolly Parton), or rewatching various TV shows or movies (probably Stranger Things, Monk, Boy Meets World, or The Chronicles)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2021 8:22 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Hello, Ems / @curiositypaddles Wave   and welcome to NarniaWeb! Great to read about your background with Narnia. Grin The FotF radio dramas are wonderful, aren't they? I try and listen to them regularly (as well as periodic re-reading of the books). It sounds like you have some good varied interests, that's cool! I don't have time to give links right now, but we have topics right here in the Spare Oom for many of those. Smile  
I am curious, though: where does your username come from?

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 16, 2021 8:52 am
curiositypaddles
(@curiositypaddles)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo This is my username for various other social platforms that I decided to reuse even though it doesn’t relate to the Chronicles in any way. It’s a reference to Dustin’s character in Stranger Things!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 10:53 pm
Still Aboard the Dawn Treader
(@dawntreader)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hello everyone! I've been here for a little while but I haven't done this yet!

Name (please avoid your real full name): Still Aboard the Dawn Treader

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen of Narnia!

3. Family (single/married/kids): Oldest of a lot of siblings

4. Occupation: Book worm, student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was searching various Narnia things on the internet and happened to stumble on this site. I thought the name of the podcasts was hilarious, and I've been here ever since!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Oh wow, maybe six.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: A LOT- at least five times through

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I enjoy art (painting and sketching), I love to read, am involved in 4H, I love theatre (I am actually currently in a play right now!), and I would love to travel to different countries (sadly, the only other country I've been to was Canada when I visited Niagara Falls)

"They turned and saw the Lion himself, so bright and real and strong that everything else began at once to look pale and shadowy compared with him."
-The Silver Chair
“Freedom that is not fought for, that is not gained by personal sacrifice is freedom that will never last, because in the heart of the one set free, it will have little value. A treasure that costs nothing is a treasure that is easily neglected and lost.”
― Bryan Davis, Liberator

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 12:01 pm
Lu_valient, KingEdTheJust, Courtenay and 1 people liked
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

@dawntreader

I'm glad you joined NW! It's been so much fun having a 'meme war' with you over the past couple of days Giggle  

Posted by: @dawntreader

Oldest of a lot of siblings

I'm the eldest of a ton too! How many siblings do you have? I have 4.

I always had a bittersweet relationship with LB, but it's cool that you enjoy it as your favorite. 

What's 4H? I'm guessing it's some sort of volunteering organization.

Anyway, welcome to NW! 🙂

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 12:32 pm
(@dawntreader)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @highkingpete

I'm the eldest of a ton too! How many siblings do you have? I have 4.

Yeah... I have six siblings Grin  

I enjoyed the 'meme war' too... thanks for doing it with me!

4H is kind of a volunteer organization. We raise animals like poultry, horses, cows, etc. and we show them at the fair. If you've ever gone to a county fair or state fair, then you might have seen animals in barns. Those are usually the exhibit animals of 4H and FFA kids. There are also other projects, like sewing, gardening, art, gun shooting, woodworking, and other things you can bring to the fair. It's really fun!

"They turned and saw the Lion himself, so bright and real and strong that everything else began at once to look pale and shadowy compared with him."
-The Silver Chair
“Freedom that is not fought for, that is not gained by personal sacrifice is freedom that will never last, because in the heart of the one set free, it will have little value. A treasure that costs nothing is a treasure that is easily neglected and lost.”
― Bryan Davis, Liberator

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 12:42 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Hello @dawntreader! Smile Good to hear a bit about you. I love The Last Battle as well — I wouldn't call it my favourite (I don't actually have a number 1 favourite out of the Chronicles), but I've always felt that the ending is completely awesome.

Hope you do get to travel a lot more once all the restrictions are over! If you can get to the UK, Oxford is an absolute must-see, especially visiting Lewis's house (The Kilns) and Magdalen College and some of the other places he and Tolkien and their friends knew.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 12:48 pm
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

@dawntreader

Wow, one siblings for each book! Haha

I had a friend who competed and won as Dairy Princess at a couple of county fairs, but I've always wanted to visit for the woodworking. That sounds awesome! I hope you're able to get back to the fair and show off the animals you've raised, whom I'm very curious about lol

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 2:42 pm
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

@dawntreader

You should get all your siblings to be Narnia fans, and get them to join NW, Like me and my siblings! 

@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@queenluthevaliant 

You could have a Jill and Caspian and Eustace too, because you have enough for that! Lol 

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 7:05 pm
(@dawntreader)
NarniaWeb Regular

That would be awesome! We would have so much fun! Unfortunately, only a couple actually show any interest in Narnia, and they're too young. Giggle

-The Silver Chair
― Bryan Davis, Liberator

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2021 4:30 pm
Page 7 / 16
Share: