Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 10 / 16
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @glenwit

@tricia_pevensie 

Nice, you're one Myers-Briggs type away from me.  I'm an INFJ.

Hope you have a great time on here!

I don't always get consistent results on Myers-Briggs tests so I either get INFJ or INFP.  Sometimes it is hard to know how to answer the questions completely fairly.  I will have to try again. I'll probably get something radically different like ENSJ or something.  I forget what the alternative for "N" is otherwise I would have picked that. haha  Now I'm curious.

Hello to all the newcomers. 😀 I was a regular on the original forum ( was just "Smooshy") back then.  Not on as much but if the Netflix series ever actually does get greenlit for real (I'm a bit skeptical on that front) then I will probably be on here a bit more.

EDIT:  took a test.  I am an INFP.  Okie dokie.  Still the same person.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Mrs Smooshy

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 7:07 pm
Shmatterson
(@shmatterson)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Howdy! I'm new to the forums, but I've been listening to NarniaWeb's podcast since around 2016.

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Shmatterson 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): single

4. Occupation: None yet. I'm hoping to get a tech internship next semester though.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking for updates on what Narnia movie would be made after Walden's  Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I remember the rumors went back and forth between Silver Chair and Magician's Nephew for a long time. 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My Dad read the horse and his boy to me when I was really little. When I was in 3rd grade, I started the horse and his boy on my dad's recommendation, but way back then I was the kind of kid who wanted to know the ending before I finished the book. I skipped ahead to the end and was very unprepared for Rabadash's transformation. That cured me of ever skipping to the end of a book again. 😀  

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: With most of the books I've read them too many times to count but haven't read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe very often because it's the one I like least in the series.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Probably The Horse and His Boy because I grew up with horses and Bree is exactly how a talking horse would act.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:  I was homeschooled, I'm currently in college and I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and the Adventures in Odyssey radio drama. (I'm Patterson on the Town of Odyssey forum if anyone is on there) I'm only 20 and not great at adulting yet. I grew up with 9 horses, 8 cats and way too many dogs. 

"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 3:59 pm
Narnia nymph
(@narnia-nymph)
NarniaWeb Regular

Time for another update, since it's been a while since I've done this... 

1. Name: Narnia nymph 
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): single
4. Occupation: Student 
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Link on New Zealand Herald website
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I first read LWW in grade school, but I can't remember how old I was or what grade I was in
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: 3 and counting (I really should read them again, though I would have to buy the 7-in-1 book I had, since I no longer have it. Due to all the things going on around here, I'll check my local bookstore first, since I don't need anything else getting delayed)
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: It's a toss up between The Last Battle and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:lot has changed since last time (surviving Breast Cancer being the biggest, but I opted against reconstruction and wear a prosthetic instead) and thanks to Jurassic World: Fallen Kindgom, I am now thinking about becoming a professional Volcanologist (already took a few introductory courses online until I can get into an official college). I'm also a cat lover, although I don't have any pets at the moment, I already have names picked out for them (Vesuvio for the male, and Rexy for the female, named after the T-Rex in the original Jurassic Park and my favorite volcano, respectfully). 😎 

This post was modified 2 years ago 5 times by Narnia nymph

Check out my fan fiction story: https://stormy-lass.livejournal.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 4:51 pm
NarnianRose
(@narnianrose)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm updating this since a lot of changed in my life since I originally posted this in December 2021.

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): NarnianRose

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen (once a queen of Narnia, always a queen of Narnia)

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: big sister of 6; daughter to two wonderful parents; full-time kindergarten teacher/curriculum research and designer

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've listened to the Talking Beasts podcast since 2017 and heard Rilian, Gymfan, Glumpuddle talking about NarniaWeb. I finally decided to join in November of this year.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I know I was in elementary school when I read LWW but I do not remember my specific age or grade.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I have read the entire Chronicles at least 4 times and reread my favorites even more than that.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: It honestly depends on the day and my mood but my general go-to books are The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I was homeschooled from kindergarten to 12th grade and am currently 23 years old. In addition to loving all things Narnia, I enjoy listening to podcasts and audio dramas (Adventures in Odyssey, Ranger Bill, and Lamplighter Theater are my favorites). I love reading and watching the "good ole tv shows" such as Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Touched by an Angel, The Andy Griffith Show, and Promised Land. I also love Star Wars and just hanging out with my family. I am a strong Christian and it seems most of my interests have Christian/biblical connection 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 6:09 pm
fantasia and johobbit liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, Shmatterson, Narnia nymph and Narnia Rose!

@narnia-nymph you used a link in the (Auckland) NZHerald ? Does that mean you are  fellow-kiwi? (and have I already asked you this?)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 9:14 pm
Narnia nymph
(@narnia-nymph)
NarniaWeb Regular

No, I'm also a Tolkien fan, so I was probably looking up something to do with The Lord of the Rings (probably after the movies came out), so that's probably when I found the link. It got my attention because I remembered (though vaguely) reading LWW when I was in grade school (though I don't remember what grade I was in or how old I was). I didn't read the rest of the Chronicles until after the LWW movie came out from Walden Media (never saw any of the other adaptions, but on an episode of Family Guy, Peter Griffin found a portal to Narnia through a dryer in a laundromat and he was chasing Mr. Tumnus around trying to get back his missing sock). 😊

Check out my fan fiction story: https://stormy-lass.livejournal.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 10:08 pm
coracle liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

A warm and hearty welcome to each of you, @shmatterson, @narnia-nymph, @narnianrose! Wave It's always interesting to read members' personal Narnia history. Grin That certainly brings a special bond here on NWeb. We hope you all enjoy the discussions!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 15, 2021 5:52 am
Mister_Macready
(@mister_macready)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Stu

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King of Narnia!

3. Family (single/married/kids): Married with 3 kids (1 girl and 2 boys)

4. Occupation: Data Analyst

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Honestly, can't remember.  It must have come up in a google search, been visiting sporadically for a few years now.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 8-10

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Probably 4 times in full

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:The Magician's Nephew has always been my favorite other than Lion/Witch/Wardrobe.  That image of the still pools in the forest captivated me and has stayed with me for decades.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Music.  I love jazz, classical, film scores, a fair amount of pop/rock (especially interesting progressive/indie stuff).  I love to read/educate myself about music theory and history.  My favorite composers of all time are Aaron Copland and John Williams

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Mister_Macready
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2021 9:20 am
Nain
 Nain
(@nain)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name: Nain

2. King or Queen of Narnia: King, although I think you'll find that Nain was actually King of Archenland, not Narnia!

3. Family: Single

4. Occupation: Masters Student of History

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I probably stumbled on it once or twice before, but I think I first heard it properly explained when I watched the Narnia Trivia Competition on the NarniaWeb YouTube channel.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Probably around five or six, they were some of the earliest books I read.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've lost count! I'd say definitely more than ten times each.

8. Favourite of the Chronicles: Probably The Horse and His Boy, but I've really come to appreciate The Last Battle more and more recently.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I enjoy playing strategy games, especially if they're historical. This includes both computer games (like the Civilisation series or Europa Universalis IV) and board games (such as Risk and Diplomacy). I also enjoy reading, especially fantasy, and have an interest in archery (inspired by Narnia!) although I haven't done any for a while now.

More generally I am a regular churchgoer and practicing Christian - I attend an FIEC church (short for Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches, which is a UK association). I live in Kent in England.

For some reason I've always had a soft spot for Archenland in the Narnia world - I find what little we know of its history fascinating and I would love to know more of how Archenland fared 'off-screen' during other events (like the Long Winter and the Telmarine Age in Narnia).

This post was modified 2 years ago by Nain

"Oh, Adam’s sons, how cleverly you defend yourselves against all that might do you good!" - Aslan, The Magician's Nephew, ch. 14

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2021 10:23 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, @mister_macready and @nain!

Archenland is one of my interests too, Nain. HHB gives us some good insights into their history - but never enough!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2021 1:55 pm
SonofStone
(@sonofstone)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @nain

King, although I think you'll find that Nain was actually King of Archenland, not Narnia!

Welcome to our forum @nain! It is always great to meet another Narnia nerd (even if it is only online), and even more so a fellow Brother in the Lord. 

Child of the King: SonofStone

P.S. I must ask, is the name also that of Nain ll, father of Dain l, cousin of Thor Oakensheild from The Hobbit?

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2021 3:28 pm
johobbit and coracle liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Gosh, hello and welcome to so many newcomers — @shmatterson, @narnia-nymph, @narnianrose, @mister_macready and @nain! Wave  

Posted by: @nain

I live in Kent in England.

Oh wow, it's nice to see someone else from England around here! Smile I used to live in Kent until quite recently — I'm now in Cheshire (Greater Manchester, technically). Where abouts are you, roughly, out of interest? I lived not far from Sevenoaks. 

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2021 5:22 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@courtenay We have a Cheshire in the State of Oregon. It's actually not very far from where I am at. 

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2021 5:37 pm
Alseeeid
(@annaliu)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Anna.L

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Full-time student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I started to read the Chornicles years ago and then found that there were also films about it. One day I suddenly realise that after the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, there aren’t any more films. Therefore, I began to look for webs that provides Narnia news regularly, then, there comes Narniaweb!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I first read the Chornicles when I was about 8, in primary school.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: A really difficult question! So many that I cannot count!

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I love all seven but perhaps…… the Voyage of the Dawn Treader when it comes to the favourite. I like the Pevensies among all the characters and Edmund & Lucy are my favourite among the Pevensies. So the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is just the perfect one for me. By the way, there’re also films for it and I like the two actors sooooooo much. Skandar and Georgie all graduated from Cambridge so as a student, I see them as patterns for me to follow.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: My native language is actually not English. Therefore, probably there are some mistakes but please don’t care about it. I was born in Shanghai and I can speak Shanghainese, Chinese, English and also I am learning Japanese now. My favourite thing to do during my spare time is to watch movies. I love all kinds of fims(only not terrifying ones…) especially Disney movies. I love all the Disney-style things and is willing to believe that all the fairytales can be true. People might think that I am childish but I always love imagining that one day I can go to Narnia and meet the Pevensies. Giggle  

Eventually, happy new year to all of you! ❤️ 

May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2022 6:32 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@annaliu Welcome to Narniaweb! You'll enjoy all the discussions about Narnia and the upcoming adaption from Netflix.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2022 7:15 pm
Alseeeid liked
Page 10 / 16
Share: