Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Getting to Know You

Page 34 / 34
Justin of Archenland
(@justin-of-archenland)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you, stargazer! :)

“Child," said the Voice, "I am telling you your story, not hers. I tell no one any story but his own.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy

Posted : April 12, 2020 1:02 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

Is there a reason for not reading much in Korean, or has it just not happened as often as you had hoped? I'd assume there are some amazing Korean works out there!

Mostly because I'm better at speaking and understanding. I didn't really cultivate my reading skills when I was younger, and I didn't have access to many Korean books then. Lately, though, I've been trying to improve my language skills by developing a more robust vocabulary and studying a bit of grammar when I have time. I've been reading from my Korean Bible and some devotional books lately, so my reading skills have definitely improved!

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : April 22, 2020 9:44 am
Carley
(@carley)
Member Knight of NarniaWeb

I've been visiting this website for a while, and I have finally decided to join the forum. So...

1. Name (please avoid your real name): Carley

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: A friend told me about NarniaWeb three years ago.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I believe I was 13.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Once, but I hope to change that soon.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Of course I love them all, but I particularly like "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Horse and His Boy".

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to read books, watch movies, study ancient history, and learn how movies are made.

Posted : May 7, 2020 2:16 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, Carley! Hope you will really enjoy this forum, getting to know new people and sharing your love of the books.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 7, 2020 4:02 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Hello and welcome, Carley! :D Good to meet you and I hope you enjoy the discussions here!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : May 7, 2020 10:18 pm
Carley
(@carley)

Thanks, coracle and Courtenay! :) I am so excited to be a part of this amazing community.

Posted : May 8, 2020 2:50 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Carley! :-h It took me a while to join after discovering the site, too, but I'm sure glad I did! I hope you enjoy exploring all the discussions. Between books and movies and ancient history, it sounds like you have a lot of interests that jive well with our community! :)

Posted : May 8, 2020 8:14 am
Carley
(@carley)

Thank you, Rose-Tree! I really appreciate that! By the way, I like your username. :)

Posted : May 9, 2020 7:03 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Hi, Carley, and welcome to NarniaWeb's forum! As Rose mentioned, from your interests, you will fit right in. We are really glad you're here. :)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : May 11, 2020 5:20 am
Carley
(@carley)

Thanks, johobbit! I'm so glad I decided to join. :)

Posted : May 11, 2020 6:31 am
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

Welcome Carley! Glad to have you here.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : May 12, 2020 6:50 am
rollinstoned348
(@rollinstoned348)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hiii, new here. sooo...

1. Name: RollinStoned348. just call me Stoned or something. I don't get stoned though as i don't smoke lol
2. King or Queen of Narnia: King
3. Family: Single
4. Occupation: Writer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From google and being a fan of CS Lewis.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Quite young, i do remember having the books as a child but i came to appreciate them again as an adult.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: As many times as i can recall lol
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Magicians Nephew as i love magic rings ;)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Well i don't think there's anything of interest to say. I enjoy reading, writing and listening to music. Written out it can seem quite narrow but the possibilities of literacy genre and music genre is limitless. I am quite the fan of the Rolling Stones!!!

It's great to be here. It's great to be anywhere.

Posted : May 23, 2020 7:09 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, rollinstoned348. :-h I enjoy some of The Rolling Stones' songs as well; Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" too, for that matter. ;)) Lots of readers, writers, and music lovers here on NarniaWeb! I hope you enjoy exploring the discussions. :)

Posted : May 23, 2020 4:46 pm
rollinstoned348
(@rollinstoned348)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Like a rolling stone... a complete unknown....

thank you for the welcome.

It's great to be here. It's great to be anywhere.

Posted : May 24, 2020 11:18 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Welcome, rollinstoned348! Hope you enjoy the forum — just so long as you don't want to paint it black... :D ;)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : May 24, 2020 12:18 pm
Page 34 / 34
Share: