Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Christmastime is Here...

Page 2 / 2
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

This is our first Christmas at our church and I guess there is a couple there who will be at the church on Christmas Day hosting a big pot luck for all of the people who have lost loved ones and are on their own, or can't return home for Christmas, or whatever the need may be. I thought that was really cool. :D

So wonderful, I love that! It takes going out of one's comfort zone, but is so fulfilling when you see that you have blessed someone else's life in such a way.

Pizzelles, mmm! I tried my first one over Christmas. They weren't homemade, but our youngest son asked for them in his stocking, so our daughter found them in town and now we all love 'em, lol. That is so cool you make your own, Valia! :D

Last night we decided to be brave and try something I've wanted to do for the past two years. We had a Christmas Tree slumber party where we pulled out the air mattresses and camped out under the tree with hot chocolate and peppermint ice cream.

That sounds like so much fun. We would do similar things with our kids when they were young. Memories! ♥ :D

It's great reading about people's Christmases here—the various aspects of everyone's special days. :) mm and SnowAngel, you're making me mighty hungry with all that chatting about food. ;)) Sounds wonderful!

We did have a white Christmas this year, which was lovely. It rained shortly after, but then snow came again. And that's the way this winter's been: lots of snow, then a bit of rain, repeat, repeat. But at least December was white for a good chunk of it!

We're actually having one of our extended family Christmases tomorrow, along with celebrating my dad's 90th birthday! Should be a good day, with a ton of delicious food and fun games with the family. :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : January 13, 2017 7:10 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: