Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] American Girl

Page 3 / 11
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm pretty sad about them getting rid of molly and Samantha!

So, wait- is it positive they're retiring Molly? Eeeeeeeeeek. American Girl, if you retire Molly: =; talk to the hand!
(Sorry, I've been, like, dying for a chance to use that icon! So, if you don't like it, =; )

Topic starter Posted : October 5, 2009 1:24 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Wow, sorry if I freaked everyone out there with my "Retiring Molly" thing. Let me set the record straight:

There has been no communication from American Girl (that I know of) implying or stating that Molly will be retired next. I merely inferred this (as did one or two other posters) from the fact that Molly, Samantha, and Kirsten are the three oldest dolls, and since the other two are being retired already, it stands to reason that Molly would be the next to go. This is just a theory, I have no evidence. I apologize again for creating an upset!

Yes, the "Inner star" thing is pretty yicky. And I have always felt how ironic it is that all the American Girl stuff is made in China! Come on. 8-|

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : October 8, 2009 11:30 am
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Oh, thanks Adeona for clearing that up. I got scared!

Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2009 4:29 am
americangirlemmie
(@americangirlemmie)
NarniaWeb Nut

Im SO X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( mad about them retiring Kirsten. Kirsten is my first and FAVORITE doll.(I have Felicity Elizabeth Samantha Nellie Kit and Kirsten )

Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club

Posted : October 9, 2009 9:37 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Okay, just finished reading all of the Rebecca books. She is so much like Samantha it is insane. She has grandparents that stick to the old traditional ways while she wants to branch out and do new things like her relatives. She speaks out on the factory/labor issue. She is around the same time period. The only big differences I can come up with is she has a Jewish heritage and is lower class. What is American Girl doing???????

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : October 9, 2009 9:56 am
americangirlemmie
(@americangirlemmie)
NarniaWeb Nut

I completely agree with you daughter of the King. ag is ruining the company. I really liked Pleasent company . Matel isnt that great with ag.

Posted : October 9, 2009 11:04 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

I actually had a reference question today involving both American Girl AND Narnia. The lady wanted the American Girl movies- and information about the American Girl stores as well. I was the right person to answer it, since I have been to 5 of the stores.

Then she wanted the Narnia books.

Best reference question ever.

Posted : October 9, 2009 2:16 pm
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Aravis Narnia, that's interesting!
By the way, which store is your favorite? I'd have to say the one in Chicago.

Then, to daughter of the King, AG is going kinda crazy. AG musicals, retiring Samantha, a classic, for a doll almost exactly like her...

And also, there are these new dolls called BFC (best friends club) INK. It says things like, high-quality dolls that don't cost a fortune. They come with fiction books and journals. Immediately I thought of AG. I mean, AG dolls can cost quite a bit when you buy clothes...

Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2009 2:29 pm
Lucy Took
(@lucy-took)
NarniaWeb Regular

Aravis Narnia,I think that is the kind of question every NarniaWebber in this thread wants to be asked....

I again present the hypothetical question that I asked in the old thread. If someone were to pull some strings at AG and there be a Narnian Girl line,how long would it take you to be seeing how you could get your hands on a Lucy and/or Susan doll :) ;)

Long live the Narnian Hobbits!

Proud member of the Caspian marries RD club!
Call me Tooky!

Posted : October 9, 2009 6:48 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Lucy Took, if I wasn't a poor, broke, college student, I would probably buy a Lucy doll in less than a month! (sad, I know, college student and still likes dolls)

ahsokasig

Posted : October 10, 2009 4:03 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

My favorite American Girl store?

Probably the one in Atlanta, since it is only a 7 hour drive away and I can store the merchandise in the trunk of my car and drive it back home.

Chicago was the first one I visited, so it felt the most like heaven to me. The NY one underwhelmed me. LA was nice. Boston's food was good. But Atlanta has the most benefits for me right now.

Posted : October 10, 2009 4:52 am
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

*pops in*

I have a Elizabeth, Nicki, and a Just Like You doll. =] I've read like all the books and I've seen the movies.

Oh, and I'm surprised that they're retiring Kirsten. I guess she wasn't really much of a popular doll, anyway. My sister is real upset about it.

I'm not really a huge fan of AG myself, but believe me, my sister, American Girl Freak, is...

*pops back out*

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

Posted : October 10, 2009 7:51 am
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Has American Girl Freak posted here yet? She should. :) The more the merrier!

I'd buy all the Narnia Girl dolls- RD, Lucy, Jill, Aravis, Susan, Polly...
If only...

What do you all think about the Girl of the Year dolls? Which one is your favorite?

Topic starter Posted : October 12, 2009 11:14 am
americangirlemmie
(@americangirlemmie)
NarniaWeb Nut

My favorite girls of the year are Mia and Lindsey.

Posted : October 13, 2009 6:21 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I haven't read any of the American Girl Today books so I really couldn't say, NaiadWaker.

ahsokasig

Posted : October 13, 2009 9:22 am
Page 3 / 11
Share: