Page 2 / 10
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Oooooooh! Interesting.

5)Skandar Keynes: Talent, right around here
4)Saoirse Ronan: Talent here, too. Great actress
3)Georgie Henley: For all the listed reasons of prior posts
2)Esther/Hadassah: I'd like to hear her thoughts and feeling when she approaced King Xerxes.
1)Christ: Well, I will meet Him, and I already know Him. Can't wait! But, I'll wait here on earth for a while.

Posted : September 28, 2009 10:58 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

4)Saoirse Ronan: Talent here, too. Great actress

Ooh, I was thinking of putting her down! It was between her and Dominic Monaghan. While I think I prefer her acting skills, I'd probably be even MORE awkward around her though. Dominic would be easier to talk to, methinks. :p

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : September 28, 2009 11:36 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

In spite of the last two posts, Christ is not on my list. I already know him, so I can't put him on a list of people I'd like to meet. However, to have seen him in human form would have been quite a sight to see.

Amen, brother! :D Just what I would have liked to have written myself.

Wow, lots of lists. :) I find this to be an extremely interesting topic, as our choices say so much about our characters and interests. Way cool. B-)

I would have added more, but five people makes the most sense.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : September 28, 2009 2:29 pm
Silvertongue
(@silvertongue)
NarniaWeb Regular

In not any particular order: :D

Ronald Reagan
Sophie Scholl
Jane Austen
Esther (of the Bible)
And a dear friend of mine, who I haven't been able to meet in person yet. :)

Posted : September 28, 2009 2:38 pm
briofthesilversea
(@briofthesilversea)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Hugh Jackman
I think he's just a really down to earth guy and would love to meet him!

2. The whole Duggar family.
Okay, so they're more then just one, obviously, but they would be great to meet!

3. Kate Beckinsale
Coolest girl actress ever. Enough said.

4. Johnny Depp
Explains itself :p

5. Helena Bonham Carter

Visit my author page:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/BrittanyAdelle

Posted : September 28, 2009 5:12 pm
MissAravis
(@missaravis)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Sarah Mally (founder of Bright Lights and author of Before You Meet Prince Charming, which I am currently reading.)

I've read that book too... and guess what? Sarah Mally herself gave it to me. ;)) She gave it to me after a harp recital that we both played at(she, Grace, and Steven took lessons from my teacher).. yup that's right, we live really near each other and I've been to the Bright Lights group that she leads. Small world...!

Anyway, 5 people, in no particular order except for Jesus at the top!

-Jesus!! I would have so many questions for him...
-Matt Thiessen (lead singer of Relient K and the dude in my avatar)
-Georgie Henley
-SCOTT SANDERS (bassist of Tenth Avenue North who for some reason wasn't able to play in the concert I went to, so I've only met 3 out of 4 members of TAN :()
-William Moseley
-Oh yeah, and then the narniawebber MinotaurforAslan... but that already makes 6 so you can decide whether or not to count that. xD

Mike Donehey would be high on the list, but that's already checked off. :D Not that I wouldn't mind meeting him again and talking to him for longer. :P

Posted : September 28, 2009 5:27 pm
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I decided I'd do this for the fun of it. ;)

I'd say I'd like to meet Jesus too, but as others have so aptly put it, I already have met Jesus, and personally, I think he's a wonderful person. :)

So, onto 5 people I'd like to meet:

#1. General Isaac Brock. Why? He's one of my favourite historical figures in Canadian and British History due to his defense of Upper Canada in the War of 1812.

#2. wisewoman (Yes, the one from NWeb). Why? Because she seems to be a very wise person and some one I'd really like to know better.

#3. Queen Victoria, because I'm an admirer of her and what she did for Britain and Canada and the British Empire.

#4. My dad's dad, because from what I've heard, he was a very neat person to know.

#5. Hmm. Laura Secord, because she too played an important role for Canada in the War of 1812.

Annnd I guess that's it. ;)

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

Posted : September 29, 2009 5:52 am
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Whoa, Eru and FF! I'm really flattered to make your top five list I would love to meet you too!

1. Jane Austen
2. Victor Hugo
3. Loreena McKennitt
4. Dorothy Sayers
5. J. R. R. Tolkien

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : September 29, 2009 9:22 am
redeemedqueen
(@redeemedqueen)
NarniaWeb Regular

Not necessarily in this order...

1. Jesus
2. Skandar Keynes
3. C. S. Lewis
4. Joel Houston (of Hillsong United)
5. Amazing Photographers

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Member of the Edmund and Tenth Avenue North Fan Clubs!!!

Member of the pray for Skandar group - PM Benjamin to join!!!

Posted : September 29, 2009 11:05 am
QueenSu
(@queensu)
NarniaWeb Regular

Just 5? I don't know if I can choose... Here's the best I can do(in no particular order):

1) Peter Jackson. What can I say? He's right up there with Steven Spielberg and Cecille B. DeMille, plus he seems like a really nice guy!

2) Sean Astin. He's one of my favorite actors, and I would love to hear his experiences from LoTR!

3) Elijah Wood. Another one of my favorite actors.

4) Jake T. Austin. My favorite child actor at the moment. He's a really talented actor, and he's somewhere around my age so I think it would be alot of fun to talk to him.

5) Casting Crowns. My favorite Christian band. Their music is incredible, and they have such hearts for the Lord.

The only reason Jesus didn't make the list is becuase I've already met him!

Frodo Lives!
Sig by MissAravis

Posted : September 29, 2009 11:11 am
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

King David - seemed like a cool guy, wish I knew more about him

John Muir - really like his writings and how he loved the natural world, can relate to him in some ways

William Wallace - would be cool to know what was he like

Dwight Eisenhower - an amazing US general

My great grandpa - was a German soldier on the Russian front, would love to hear his stories

Posted : September 29, 2009 1:03 pm
smartypants
(@smartypants)
NarniaWeb Regular

C.S. Lewis would be in my top five (ok, top six), but since we are going to leave him out here is my list (in no paticular order)...

1. George W. Bush- I truly admire him for dealing with all he did.

2. Abraham Lincoln- By far my favorite historic figure (Ok, one of them!). I would have loved to be a fly on his wall.

3. Steven Curtis Chapman- Not only is he an amazing singer, but he has such a passion for the Lord that I truly admire. I really admire him for not getting caught up in all the "fame".

4. Agatha Christie- She was an amazing author and I bet she was a very interesting person.

5. Skandar Keynes- He is a fantastic actor and, in my opinion, gives one of the best preformances in the CoN movies.

http://webeatonboatsagainstthecurrent.tumblr.com/

Posted : September 29, 2009 1:15 pm
winterlife
(@winterlife)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ok, this might be tough...
1. Sleepwalking - My NW twin
2. Windsong - My NW big brother
3. MissAravis - I'd like to tell her in person how great she is on the piano (Are you reading this, Kat? :) )
4. Billy Graham - He's an amazing man and I'd like to tell him in person about something he inspired.
5. My namesake, my great-great grandmother (name not given for slightly obvious reasons) - I'd love to talk with her. I'm told she was a very sweet lady.

Hmmm, the first three seem to have something in common. :)

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8

Posted : September 29, 2009 1:29 pm
briofthesilversea
(@briofthesilversea)
NarniaWeb Regular

smartypants, George W. Bush is a good one! I would really like to meet him as well! :)

And I've noticed a pattern...everyone wants to meet at least one actor from Lord of the Rings. That's so funny! You can definately tell we're all quite alike :p

Visit my author page:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/BrittanyAdelle

Posted : September 29, 2009 3:16 pm
bkey
 bkey
(@bkey)
NarniaWeb Nut

In no particular order:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Quentin Tarantino
3. Muhammad
4. John Lennon