Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 5 People You Would Like To Meet

Page 1 / 10
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Here is how this thread works: you list five people that you would like to meet, and why. It can be anyone - contemporaries or historical figures.

Please don't list more than five.

Please don't put C.S. Lewis in your list, because every NarniaWebber (or Narnia fan, for that matter) would like to meet him . ;)

1.) Leisha Kelly (one of my favorite authors and a homeschool mom. :D )

2.) Nicole C. Mullen (my favorite Christian music artist...we heard her "live" as part of the group Ekklesia back in '98, but I'd love to actually *talk* to her.)

3.) Kirk and Chelsea Cameron (I've never gotten to chat with a kissing double before, and Fireproof is on my top 10 movie list. B-) )

4.) Sarah Mally (founder of Bright Lights and author of Before You Meet Prince Charming, which I am currently reading.)

5.) Karen Kingsbury (author of the Baxter family books - since I can't meet the Baxters or the Flanigans, I'll settle for her! ;;) )

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : September 27, 2009 2:34 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

1 and 2. Kirk and Candace Cameron,
while growing up I saw him in Growing Pains and her in Full House.
(brother and sister for those who don't know).

3. Francesca Battistelli,
I really like her music, while she's not my favorite I don't know why but I'd like to meet her.

4. Pixar Animation Studios,
I am a huge fan of Pixar so I definitely would love to see how they come up with great movie after great movie. Not failing once yet.

5. Leeland,
A favorite group of mine, though not the favorite, still I'd rather like to meet him along with the band.

I didn't write my favorite christian singers/bands because while I love their music, I'd like to keep it at that. The ones that made the list are an exception.

Posted : September 27, 2009 2:44 pm
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

1. Anne Frank
She was an amazing girl. It's so weird that I feel like I know her so well, from reading her journals, but she isn't even alive. I'd love to talk to her about journaling, and I think my 13-14 yr-old self would have gotten along GREAT with her.

2. Jimmy Stewart
One of my favorite "old" actors.

3. Keira Knightley
My favorite actress

4. Agatha Christie
One of my favorite authors, plus I'm sure she would be a very interesting person to talk to. I'd love to hear how she comes up with some of her plots!

5. Dominic Monaghan
One of my favorite current actors. He just seems like the sort of person who it would be fun to hang out with/talk too, even though I'd probably spend most of it stuttering and looking stupid. :p

(I could probably list more but can't think of any)

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : September 27, 2009 3:05 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. Patrick stump- favorite member of my favorite band
2. johnny depp- my favorite actor
3. Georgie Henley- i want to meet someone from the narnia cast
4. Grant hackett- favorite sports man(swimmer)
5. Alan Alexander Milne- creater of w3innie the pooh

Posted : September 27, 2009 3:43 pm
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

1.) Janette Oke - my hands-down favorite author from the day I left easy-readers behind. ;;)

2.) George MacDonald - without him, there might not have been Narnia. Plus, there's nothing like a Scottish tale with a cup of tea on cold wintery night.

3.) Michael and Judy Phillips - without their vision of editing George MacDonald's books, I'd have missed out on some mighty good reading! And as the authors of Best Friends for Life, I'd dearly love to hear more of their love story.

4.) Elisabeth Elliott - I can't seem to get enough of her books, either. She's also wrote my favorite biography of: (see below)

5.) Amy Carmichael - my heroine since the fifth grade. B-)

And of course, I'd also love to meet everyone on Snow's list. ;)

~Scarlet

“To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.”
― Elisabeth Elliot

Posted : September 27, 2009 3:44 pm
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Please don't put C.S. Lewis in your list, because every NarniaWebber (or Narnia fan, for that matter) would like to meet him

No offense to Lewis, but if I had to choose 5... I don't think he'd be in them... ;)) I don't know...

Ok, so this list I'm sure could change... Yeah. I haven't thought about this tons before now...

Probably not in order.
1. Jesus. He's the most amazing person there's ever been!! (And now I'm sure many other people will see this and put Him in their 5 too..) ;))
2. Robert E. Lee--Amazing Christian, amazing man... awesome guy. ;)
3. John Cooper-- Well, he's pretty much my favorite singer... so I think it'd be neat. Although I'm afraid it could make me depressed in case he's... weird. :p
You know, I really can't think of tons and tons of people right now... I'm really tired. So for the next two I'll just say JEB Stuart and Stonewall Jackson, since they were really cool too. :)

Ooh, and Lady Jane Grey would have been neat too... But that's over 5. :P

Posted : September 27, 2009 4:01 pm
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hmmm...in no particular order...

I had to really think these out too. CS Lewis was on my top 5 list but since he's forbidden I guess I have to bypass him and go with someone else. :p

1. Christ - My knees would be knocking the entire time and I'd feel as big as a gnat, but I'd still want to do it.

2. Hannibal - He whom I consider the greatest general of the ancient world. So says I. ;)

3. Coach K - The head coach of the Duke basketball team and of whom I have been a fan all my life. Down with the Tarheels!

4. Ronald Reagan - I'm told that "The Great Communicator" was one of the most personable and likeable people to be around. He certainly had a great sense of humor. :D

5. Eve - So I can run towards her and scream in Hollywoodesque slow motion as she's reaching for the fruit, "NoooooooOOOoooOOOoooooooo!"

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : September 27, 2009 5:46 pm
FencerforJesus
(@fencerforjesus)
NarniaWeb Guru

In spite of the last two posts, Christ is not on my list. I already know him, so I can't put him on a list of people I'd like to meet. However, to have seen him in human form would have been quite a sight to see. So here is my list with no particular order.

1. Frank Peretti: Big fan of his Darkness novels. I'd like to know how he got the ideas for them directly.

2. Bob Anderson: Sword fight choreographer for Star Wars (he played Vader), Princess Bride, LOTR, Zorro, Errol Flynn and more.

3. Joe Sakic: Out of all the sport players, Sakic is the now retired captain of the Colorado Avalanche (NHL) and is the ideal picture of what a strong, enduring, competitive, and gentlemanly player should look like.

4. Skandar Keynes: One of the best child actors I have ever seen. An excellent study and I'd love to work with him in a sword fight.

5. William Wallace: Commoner who self-lessly fought for his country

Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.

Posted : September 27, 2009 6:17 pm
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Aww, I wanted to put C.S. Lewis. Oh well, since I can't...

1. Georgie Henley!! She is the best actress ever.

2. Gaither Vocal Band. The best singers ever! I would be so thrilled to meet them.

3. Marshall Hall. A former member of the GVB.

4. Skandar Keynes. He's such a good actor!

5. Bryan Davis, the author of one of my favorite fantasy series.

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

Posted : September 28, 2009 1:46 am
Avra
 Avra
(@avra)
NarniaWeb Nut

Ah!! I got logged off and lost my post! :((
Let's try this again...
1 & 2. My Great-papa and Great-Granny. I have heard so many stories about them that I feel like I know them; but still it would have been nice to get to meet them in person this side of Heaven.
3. King Arthur: my favorite historical/semi historical figure. I've always wonder what the real man was like who inspired the legends (as I'm a lot of people have).
4. Jonathan from the Bible: always thought he was cool.
5. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Another one of my heroes.

Sheldon: A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies "for you, no charge".

Proud sister of an Aspie (Aspergers)
Hannah's Scribblings

Posted : September 28, 2009 2:58 am
Lark
 Lark
(@lark)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Charles Billingsley-An amazing singer/praise and worship leader. I love his talent and his sense of humor. If you haven't heard him sing look up the song "God of the Ages."

2. Tim Hawkins-Christian comedian. His song "Delilah:The Samson Version" is hilarious.

3. Zac Sutherland-the youngest person to sail around the world by himself. He's writing a book about his experience and I can't wait 'til it comes out.

4. Megan Clinton-She wrote the books "Totally God's" and "Totally God's 4 Life."

5. Alfred,Lord Tennyson-former Poet Laureate of Great Britian. I love his poetry!(notice-he's the only one on my list who's dead ;)) )

Posted : September 28, 2009 4:16 am
Daylight
(@daylight)
NarniaWeb Nut

1. Madeline L'engle(Author of the Wrinkle in Time series)
There are some really interesting ideas in her books... I'd like to ask her where she got them from.

2. Jon Foreman(Lead singer/songwriter from Switchfoot)
I've meet him briefly after a concert but I just got to shake his hand and say hi. He seems like a really nice person, and a strong Christian. The words to the songs that he writes are really deep. It would be fun to actually talk to him about his life.

3. Georgie Henley
She seems like she would be soooooo much fun to hang out with! I'm a just a few years older than her, and I think we have a lot in common. I would love to talk to her about making the Narnia movies and what it's like working with different actors and stuff.

4. Family Force 5(dance/rock/hip-hop band)
I would like to meet them soley because they are the MOST HILARIOUS people on the face of the earth. (plus i love thier music.)

5. Anne Hathaway(actor)
I adore all her movies, especially the Princess Diaries and The Devil Wears Prada. I think shes such a gifted actor and i think it would be fun to talk to her about how she got started acting.

Proud member of the Hawk Nelson Club!
Avi by filmowe on livejournal.

Posted : September 28, 2009 5:07 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

My knees would be knocking the entire time and I'd feel as big as a gnat, but I'd still want to do it.

Same here. :p I think though that I would feel microscopic or invisible though. A gnat is a little too large. ;) Just kidding.

1 & 2. My Great-papa and Great-Granny.
4. Jonathan from the Bible: always thought he was cool.

Oh yes, I always thought Jonathan was "cool" too. :) And I think some of my ancestors would have been fun to meet--see what they were like! :)
But yeah. I wish the list wasn't limited to 5. 😉

Posted : September 28, 2009 6:12 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

1. My ancestor Resovled Waldron. His first house in America was at the corner of Wall St. and Broadway. We haven't been able to trace the family tree past there, so I want to know who his parents were.
2. Karen Kingsbury. One of my favorite modern authors.
3. the Apostle John. I just think it would be cool to meet him, or any of the other apostles for that matter.
4. Ronald Reagan. One of my favorite presidents.
5. George Washington. Another of my favorite presidents, and one of my heroes.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : September 28, 2009 8:19 am
Erucenindë
(@eruceninde)
NarniaWeb Nut

oh man this will be hard.

1. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Closest person I have to a hero. His faith is incredible, and what he stood for.

2. Viggo Mortensen. Just cuz he's my favorite actor lol! :D

3. Bob Anderson. Could he just show me a few swordfighting moves? :P

4. Sanctus Real. Christian Band I love their music. :)

5. wisewoman. from our very own NW. :D

My Graphics Site

Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya

Posted : September 28, 2009 8:44 am
Page 1 / 10
Share: