Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What if.... Narnia was real?

Page 4 / 4
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

Great topic! You just gave me this week's blog post! Short version: I really wish it were. :D

Seriously though, I did put a Narnia vacation on my Christmas list last year. My lists are always (1) Christmas at home, with the stuff we take for granted like family, food and decorations, (2) crazy and almost impossible wishes, and (3) the few things I actually need. :D Yeah, Narnia vacation was a tough one to top. So I asked for a castle with a doggy-dungeon for my sister's little ankle-biter. So... yeah, I sure wish it were real, even though logic and common sense tell me otherwise. :D

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2019 4:02 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I've just done something of an answer to this in the other thread started by Geekicheep, so I won't expand on that here. It's just that this is the best thread I can think of to post something I saw yesterday while driving through Cornwall, where I'm currently having a holiday. This is the sign for a very small and otherwise obscure village, but obviously someone there likes to hope, or dream, or at least they have a sense of humour... Grin  

(No, I didn't dare to stop off at any of the houses and ask if I could look in their wardrobes, so don't ask. Wink  )

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2019 9:08 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think if Narnia were real I would not want to leave, as for where I think it would be. I think an entrance could be anywhere as mentioned before, I know if I found an entrance I'd bring my five year old nephew along with me so he could enjoy it too. Its good to imagine if it was, I suppose in reality I would make a version of it with a wardrobe looking door opening up to a garden with a lamppost and such. I think the beauty of nature is narnia like so in a way it could be real but in another way.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 1:59 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think some places in Michigan, my home state, remind me so much of Narnia that I think there might be a gateway there because they are places of great beauty. It seems like there should be a lamppost in some of our woods, and the dunelands would be something Aslan would love. We have something like Cair Paravel in our lighthouses along the shores of the Great Lakes. That makes Narnia seem so real to me. If you live near places like Narnia it seems more like the fantasy world is closer to reality, and someday you may actually travel there. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2019 9:14 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: