Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Page 4 / 7
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

Again, in reply to my interview with Mark Johnson:

"Me: In response to your question (from a few weeks ago- The Magician’s Nephew or the Silver Chair?), the voice of the people has been heard, with a huge majority of voters saying that they want the Silver Chair next.

Mark: I think I agree with you that the next movie should be The Silver Chair. Let’s hope that Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a big success, and we can make The Silver Chair."

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : January 9, 2011 9:43 pm
perfect_jill_pole
(@perfect_jill_pole)
NarniaWeb Regular

I honstenly think the should do SC first, then maybe when SC is in theaters, they could start ( at least the casting ) MN, Then, when MN is in the theaters, they could start ( at least the casting ) HHB, and finally, they should split up LB in 2 parts. Like after HHB goes to theaters, they can start filming 1st part, then wait till LB part 1 goes to theaters and film the LB 2nd part.

HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!

Posted : January 10, 2011 1:36 am
AslanIsOnTheMove
(@aslanisonthemove)
NarniaWeb Nut

I know you can't believe everything you read on the web, but I was looking through Voyage of the Dawn Treader's message board on imdb and someone posted the following.

imdb user wrote:

$400 Million Worldwide is the number that Fox is looking at for this film. That is what they want. I have been told by a friend who works on the film Development side for Fox that If this Film Reaches $400 Million Worldwide that 20th Century Fox will Green Light both The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy. Plus once they do Green Light The Silver Chair I have been told that Fox has a December 5th 2012 release date planned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/boa ... 145748?p=1

Posted : January 10, 2011 10:39 pm
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I know you can't believe everything you read on the web, but I was looking through Voyage of the Dawn Treader's message board on imdb and someone posted the following.

imdb user wrote:

$400 Million Worldwide is the number that Fox is looking at for this film. That is what they want. I have been told by a friend who works on the film Development side for Fox that If this Film Reaches $400 Million Worldwide that 20th Century Fox will Green Light both The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy. Plus once they do Green Light The Silver Chair I have been told that Fox has a December 5th 2012 release date planned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/boa ... 145748?p=1

Judging by various sources, it seems that Fox/Walden wants to make The Magician's Nephew before The Horse and His Boy. This isn't definite, but it is evidence against the imdb quote. And, yeah, this is imdb...

Posted : January 11, 2011 4:21 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Yep, considering how strong the behind-the-scenes push is to do The Magician's Nephew before even The Silver Chair, I'm taking the above post with a very large amount of salt.

However, they do say Fox and not Walden. I don't know what Fox's feelings are on the next film.

Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2011 4:53 am
Rilian The Disenchanted
(@rilian-the-disenchanted)
NarniaWeb Nut

Greenlighting 2 sequels seems a bit wishful thinking. If this movie had done at least 150 million domestic and 500+ worldwide perhaps. But it is a smaller succes. I really hope Fox plans a fast Narnia release schedule, but i don't believe it unless it's made official.

Posted : January 11, 2011 5:21 am
FriendofNarnia2
(@friendofnarnia2)
NarniaWeb Nut

The thing about IMDb is that anyone could have written that. As far as you all know, it could have been me. (Just in case anyone was wondering, it wasn't, I'm just sayin'.)

Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA

Posted : January 11, 2011 5:22 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Oh I hope so.... and if that is the case I hope that VDT hits it's mark... I just hope The Hobbit will be far enough away to not compete with it.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 11, 2011 9:14 am
perfect_jill_pole
(@perfect_jill_pole)
NarniaWeb Regular

But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.

HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!

Posted : January 11, 2011 12:21 pm
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

perfect_jill_pole said,
But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.

Actually the LWW was the most expected Narnia film and since the Narnia series has been getting less and less with each movie that comes out there isn't all that much expectations outside the diehard fans like us.

As for the Hobbit, the filmakers would have to be complete idiots to try and pit SC against it. For 1 thing Tolkien has a MUCH bigger fan-base then the Chronicles do. And the LOTR are I think might be the most criticly aclaimed series ever made(17 Academy Awards, and over 90% approval rating one each of them on RT) and the 4th most successful movie series of all time.

As for myself I would see the Hobbit anyday over any Narnia film.

Posted : January 11, 2011 3:01 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Really? Well I'd agree with aragorn when he says that title belongs to LWW, after that I would have said VDT based on it being a fanbase favorite, and then MN seems to have the movie makers excited. HHB will likely be the easiest to adapt cinematically and a recent poll indicated it was NWer's second favorite. LB will likely get a lot of hype being the last one, but SC? I haven't heard anything on it... other than normal series speculation since it's next.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 11, 2011 4:19 pm
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

That will not be the case. The LoTR fanbase is far larger and more powerful than the Narnia fanbase. Plus, The Hobbit will be riding on 9 years of hype.

Posted : January 11, 2011 5:21 pm
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

I would say that it is entirely possible, AIOTM, but I can't confirm it from Fox. However, I'll send an email right now and see if I can get a statement on that.

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : January 11, 2011 5:24 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Aragorn2, The Chronicles of Narnia have sold over 120 million copies, whilst The Lord of the Rings has sold over 150 million. Granted, that's still a difference of around 30 million copies and there are 7 books in the CoN and either 3 or 1 for LotR. As of June 2008, the Harry Potter books have sold over 400 million copies! That's insane.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : January 11, 2011 8:17 pm
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

In response to

imdb user wrote:

I emailed Fox, and here's what they sent me... "Sorry, it is not a statement we made." so... I guess that guy doesn't know what he's talking about?

Posted : January 12, 2011 5:58 am
Page 4 / 7
Share: