Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace in the Silver Chair

Page 6 / 8
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

You have a good point there puddleglum! Just a thought, Benedict Cummerbatch as puddleglum? (I know, wrong thread, I'll post the idea there too)

Posted : April 11, 2011 12:46 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Since I have FINALLY seen the movie (VDT), I can at last relate to you all. Will has got to play Eustace in SC! He made VDT; without Will, VDT would have been awful. Without Will, SC will be terrible!

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

Posted : April 16, 2011 5:17 am
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

I still haven't seen VDT *shock horror etc* Yet, I can still agree, they need a familiar character to lead on into the next film

Posted : April 21, 2011 1:42 am
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

No-one has posted for a while, so is there an update on the Will Poulter playing Eustace status? Also is SC next or not????

Posted : April 30, 2011 2:22 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Jill_Pole, while I don't think that The Magician's Nephew has been green-lit yet, all signs seem to point to the fact that MN will, in fact be the next Narnia movie. (You can read about it here and here.)

If that's the case, we probably won't know for a while whether Will Poulter will be in SC, but I hope he is. :)

av by dot

Posted : May 1, 2011 2:12 pm
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot. ;)

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : May 1, 2011 4:34 pm
CharlotteRose
(@charlotterose)
NarniaWeb Nut

:| I guess thats good news! I did really want to see Will in SC next but I suppose there is nothing else to be done, MN is semideffo greenlit. Thanks Narnia_Fan12 for letting us know :)

Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!

Posted : May 2, 2011 8:10 am
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

I hope Will stays in SC too. I liked his acting for the most part in VoDT. I thought his rage was a bit over the top, almost as if he was trying too hard, in the scene where he's first hoisted onto the Dawn Treader but other than that, I thought it was good. I think it would put a damper on the series if he was left out.

Oh, and I always thought of Jill being as tall or taller than Eustace and I've never seen the BBC movies.

Posted : May 2, 2011 6:43 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

On wiki it said that MN is next.... oh dang!

Posted : May 3, 2011 12:21 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

12: awwwww.....I wanna see Will Poulter in SC!
oh well. at least they are making another Narnia movie! :D :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 6, 2011 12:03 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

I guess there is always a bright side, but what if they bung it all up and never make SC?

Posted : May 11, 2011 9:13 pm
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Then at least he saw him at all. There's no real garuntee that they'll ever finish making all seven books into movies (although a lot of us want them to), but we can't look that far ahead yet. The main thing is that most of us love Will Poulter as Eustace. But whether or not SC is even made, weren't we lucky enough to have seen him once? I have no idea what will happen, but I'm glad to have had Will Poulter do the job in VDT, and if they do make SC, we might get to see him again, and if they don't, I still saw him. :)

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : May 16, 2011 12:11 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Those of you who think Jill might be taller probably saw the BBC Narnia's, in which she is taller. Personally I always found that rather odd, as in the book it gives the impression that she's on the smaller side. All the same, I really liked the girl who played Jill in BBC's Silver Chair. :)

Yes, I liked Camilla Powers also as Jill Pole, and didn't find it at all odd that she was taller than David Thwaites who played Eustace in the BBC production of SC. I thought one reason why those sporty cricketing hooligans were bullying Jill Pole at the beginning of the movie was because of her name matching her height. If they did the same with the new movie it wouldn't upset me all that much.

MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot.

Now that is an interesting comment to make. I hope you are right. In a recent news item about VDT winning a Crystal Seal Dove award, Lucy was quoted as having affirmed that neither her character nor Will Poulter's character is in Magician's Nephew, but that they are in other movies that might be made. There is a possibility there could be some sort of cameo for her and Will Poulter to appear in if MN is greenlit, especially as Magician's Nephew, whenever it is made, and whichever other movies have or have not been made, is still going to be one huge flashback.

After all, if it is possible to give the White Witch more movie time in VDT, especially, it should be just as possible to find a way to keep Will Poulter in view for a later movie. Especially as it would be easy to do it as part of one of those Narnia talks Eustace said he had with Lucy and Edmund at the end of film VDT.

Posted : May 17, 2011 2:10 am
CharlotteRose
(@charlotterose)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hhhm thats a good idea, have it so that they were actually listening all along, but then I think they'de have to do an intro bit as well because I thik it'd be wierd and confusing if they just turned up in the end. I like the idea :) but I don't know about everyone else?...

Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!

Posted : May 18, 2011 9:05 am
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I like the idea of Eustace and Lucy in a prologue and epilogue to Magician's Nephew....with Jim Broadbent as well reprising his role as older Digory. Some Eustace and Lucy is better than none. :D

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : May 18, 2011 5:36 pm
Page 6 / 8
Share: