Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace in the Silver Chair

Page 7 / 8
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot.

Now that is an interesting comment to make. I hope you are right. In a recent news item about VDT winning a Crystal Seal Dove award, Lucy was quoted as having affirmed that neither her character nor Will Poulter's character is in Magician's Nephew, but that they are in other movies that might be made. There is a possibility there could be some sort of cameo for her and Will Poulter to appear in if MN is greenlit, especially as Magician's Nephew, whenever it is made, and whichever other movies have or have not been made, is still going to be one huge flashback.

After all, if it is possible to give the White Witch more movie time in VDT, especially, it should be just as possible to find a way to keep Will Poulter in view for a later movie. Especially as it would be easy to do it as part of one of those Narnia talks Eustace said he had with Lucy and Edmund at the end of film VDT.

I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze Lucy/Eu in for a cameo of some sort. Heck, the script for the film hasn't even been written yet. I think what Georgie was saying was that at that current time and place, the production hadn't let her know of any plans to move on with her landing a role in MN.

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : June 6, 2011 9:08 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I’m getting used to the idea as time goes on and there's no official greenlight announcement that it might be better artistically and book faithfully to recast Eustace and keep the little children bullying idea of Silver Chair in. Unless they find the most unique way to keep Will and adapt SC to make it believable and gripping as a story and cast a strong actress as Jill opposite him then I don’t know if there’s any hope of SC being good.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : June 7, 2011 3:23 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well this way, I have more time to practice acting and therefore be Jill in the movie (or well thats the "plan") :P
I though Georgie said that she doesn't want to be in another Narnia movie.... then again I also read that she wanted a cameo..... make up your mind!

Posted : June 7, 2011 11:24 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

This is a weird question, but who here thinks that the actor should grow his hair longer: in the other things that I have seen him in it makes him look more natural. ;;)

Also, if you have seen Tangled: I think that Eugene's clothes would be a good style for Eustace

ideas 8-}

Posted : June 21, 2011 12:28 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Eustace would not look good with his hair longer. Caspian's was bad enough. Interesting idea to have Eustace wear Eugene's clothes. Maybe.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : September 1, 2011 6:59 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh lordy no, I don't mean the weird bob that caspian had, I just mean like Peter's hair in the second film!

Posted : September 2, 2011 12:31 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Okay, it wasn't that bad on Peter, so, it shouldn't be that bad on Eustace.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : September 2, 2011 8:05 pm
D-T
 D-T
(@d-t)
NarniaWeb Regular

if they re-cast Will ALOT of people will complain, and I think they would like to avoid that, don't you? plus, since Will is an actor I thinks he can pull it off

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS

Posted : September 18, 2011 7:50 am
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

Agreed Eustace!
And totally agreed D-T!
If they just get their pants into gear and greenlight it, the magic won't be lost!

Posted : October 3, 2011 2:01 pm
D-T
 D-T
(@d-t)
NarniaWeb Regular

one other thing I should point out is that Will is 18!! :-o
and they could cast an older Jill, but if you get right down to it, C.S. Lewis refers to them as children, and is Will is 18 and if they cast a Jill that is 16-18 then they will be too old to play the parts right. but I did like how Will played Eustace, he was perfect! :) but if they make the Silver Chair and he is 23 that would just be weird! :-s

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS

Posted : October 3, 2011 3:08 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

I agree, they could film two films at the same time with different directors or they could do them back to back!

I think he could look 15-17 if he grew his hair, and if the cast tall actors to put next to him to make him look a bit shorter.
And if they wanted to be very sneaky, they could up size the set a little bit to make him look younger :P

Posted : October 6, 2011 2:38 pm
D-T
 D-T
(@d-t)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think it would be very difficult to do 2 movies at once, back to back maybe if they have it in the budget.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS

Posted : October 6, 2011 3:07 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Now that we know it will be a few years before another Narnia film will come, that is, if somebody wants to, I think there is a strong chance that Will Poulter will be recast.

I loved him as Eustace, but he is an actor with a career, and he is likely to get more options for films in the future, and if the series isn't to come back to the big screen within like 5 years or less, I think Will Poulter will be too old to play Eustace. But you never know.

Alas, don't be so sad if this does happen. I will be too, but hey, there are certainly many other young brilliant actors in the making right now. ;)

Posted : October 7, 2011 10:56 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

On the other hand, Will isn't going to get a lot older looking than he is now, for some years. So if they played him as 15 (as Will M did for Peter) then it would be possible. He was played as 13 or so in VDT, a kid whose voice has not broken and who has not done much growing.
I know that the SC book has him only a few months older than VDT, but the time lapse could be extended to a year at school since the VDT events.

If not, then I will want to see an actor who looks a lot like Will, because I would want a very good sense of continuity!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : October 7, 2011 11:56 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Agreed coracle :) After all I think a lot of us forget that Ben, Will, and Anna were all in their 20's in PC. So I think they should just do that :)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : October 9, 2011 4:59 pm
Page 7 / 8
Share: