Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The potential for a Narnia LEGO set

Page 2 / 2
reepicheep900
(@reepicheep900)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Still waiting to hear an update! Was also expecting results by now, but my best guess is that this review cycle is taking a long time because of the record number of entries that achieved support and the number of entries that had licensing implications. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 15, 2023 6:00 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

So according to an update on the Lego Ideas blog, the results will be released today (December 19th) at 15:00 (Central European Time)

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/a14543d8-0d75-4c95-bb8d-f3767ae68906

Not sure whether all the new developments on Greta Gerwig taking over Netflix's Narnia project since you first submitted your idea will have helped or hindered your chances from a licensing perspective, but fingers crossed all round!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2023 7:47 pm
Courtenay liked
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

So it looks like it was bad news 😓

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/15b57d9c-48c5-435a-9083-272c4d5067c5

Of the two entries that won, the Botanical Garden is definitely a well deserved winner from the non-licensed entries. It was one of the two I picked out amongst my favourites back in March.

However the Twilight House feels like a tougher one to justify amongst all the other licensed property entries. I can only imagine therefore that it was the low-hanging-fruit of available license deals, since even without my Narnia hat on, there were some much more interesting builds than that.

The Godzilla is pretty spectacular, and the Shrek sets clearly have a lot of popularity given how many keep getting submitted, but the Twilight House looks pretty much just like a generic house. Doesn't feel like there's anything particular novel or iconic about it. If it didn't have a license attached to it I can't see that anyone would be excited by it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 19, 2023 12:34 pm
reepicheep900
(@reepicheep900)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Didn't happen this time, thank you all for the support!

This post was modified 5 months ago by reepicheep900
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 19, 2023 6:03 pm
Courtenay, johobbit, fantasia and 1 people liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Awww, that's too bad. Even the Botanical garden is not that exciting to me because they just released a Botanical garden this year. I know because I bought it for my daughter for her birthday. Tongue  

@Reepicheep900, well done on your entry anyways. Maybe once the Netflix Narnia comes out, interest will increase!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2023 7:12 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: