Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Narnia "Frome" Print

icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

An advert came up on my Instagram feed the other day for a company called "Frome", so named because they take a movie, extract the average colour "From each Frame" in the movie, and then compile that into a canvas print. The result is an abstract depiction of your favourite movie as a colour panel.

I've had a look through a few of their offerings, and some of them are definitely better than others. The best tend to be movies with a highly distinctive visual aesthetic, or movies with a clear progression in cinematography style from each act to the next.

Anyway, they do one for Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe which is worth checking out of you are interested. The result is definitely not what i was expecting - i thought you would see lots of browns in the first act when we are are mostly in the Professors house, lots of whites and greys for the second act when we are in snow covered Narnia, and then lots of bright blues, greens and yellows for the final act when Aslan returns. But it's really quite different from that.

https://www.frome.co/products/the-chronicles-of-narnia-lww

Perhaps someone could go through it and see if they can decipher the scenes based purely on the colours:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 28, 2020 8:25 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Perhaps this illustrates Adamson's heavy reliance on close-ups. No idea Can anyone spot the hair color or costumes of any of the stars?

It is a neat idea though. Here's how I imagine the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie would look:

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2020 6:56 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I had a look at this link, but it didn't appeal to me as an artwork. I couldn't really see it as relating to the movie. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2020 5:33 pm
Share: