Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Nostalgia: Narnia Video Games

EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Who else remembers the old Narnia video game adaptations of the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian films? I’m sure LWW on the Nintendo DS was the first video game I ever played! Everything about that game; the music, the enemies, the side quests, bring back a lot of memories for me. Just wanted to start this discussion to see who else has a history playing these games!

“Peter did not feel very brave, indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.”

“This is my password. The light is dawning. Now guard thee, miscreant, for I am Tirian of Narnia.”

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 24, 2020 4:04 pm
Carley
(@carley)
Member Knight of NarniaWeb

I own the LWW game for gamecube and the Prince Caspian game for Wii.  While I'm not a huge fan of video games in general, I really wanted these games because of how much I love the movies.  They're both quite good in my opinion, even though the graphics are dated now.  I still play them now and then, but certainly not as much as I used to. Giggle Smile  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2020 6:45 pm
EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

@carley

I play those ones from time to time as well! I think I got a PlayStation 2 just so I could play the LWW game for it.

“Peter did not feel very brave, indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.”

“This is my password. The light is dawning. Now guard thee, miscreant, for I am Tirian of Narnia.”

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 25, 2020 1:53 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I have LWW for the PS2 and Prince Caspian for the Xbox 360. I haven't played either game in ages, but my younger siblings play one game or the other at once a month. One of my sisters and I played LWW regularly when we were teens, those were fun times. Smile  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 11:31 am
EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

@snowangel

I've been replaying LWW on PS2 today actually! I'm at the point where I know the levels so well I can finish the game in one sitting in about two hours LOL  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2020 1:19 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I've beaten all of the games but the DS version of Prince Caspian. -I started playing it once then put it down again. It didn't grab my attention. The other games, however, were quite fun.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for the GameCube is probably one of my favorite video games. The drop-in/drop-out two-player system was new to me at the time. I started a game by myself when my brother walked into the room, and I later discovered that he was controlling one of the characters! I was like: "How did you do that?!?!"

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2020 7:40 pm
EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

@risto

I can see why you feel that way about Prince Caspian on DS; the combat system is completely different from LWW and it can be quite time-consuming and sometimes even boring because of the sheer amount of enemies you run into while following a set path. That being said it never seemed to bother me that much during my childhood! I was rather disappointed they never made an Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag-style Dawn Treader game when the film came out, but then again I can’t imagine the movie did too well in the box office.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 29, 2020 3:20 pm
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for the Nintendo DS was the first video game that I actually owned, rather than shared with cousins or other people. 

Although, come to think of it, I don't know if I ever actually got around to beating it. Maybe I'll do that one day...

I remember being disappointed that Prince Caspian for DS was so different than the previous game, though in retrospect it was probably the better game.

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 7:01 pm
Shmatterson
(@shmatterson)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I have Prince Caspian for the wii. I remember it was just about impossible to get the grappling hook on one of the pillars in the part where you're stuck in a pit fighting Sopespian (I think it was him anyway). My sister thought it was hilarious that the minotaurs have bald "rat tails" as she called them. I didn't like the gameplay much, but I liked the look of the game. I liked the levels where Telmar is first invading Narnia quite a bit though.

"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 4:33 pm
Blue Jay
(@blue-jay)
NarniaWeb Regular

I remember when I visited a friend, she had a Gameboy advance game of the Lion, witch, and the wardrobe. It was a difficult game I remember but I did end up finishing it (I think, I vaguely remember). Oh I miss it. I'm pretty sure I returned the game once I was done though. That memory is so far back in my brain I am unsure if it was a gift or to borrow!

“Auntie, why was there a nurse living in our walls?"
- Random Personal Book Quote

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 10:18 pm
Share: