Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Shift the Ape

7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

So I was trying to think of a character from the books that I haven't drawn yet, and I decided to draw Shift the Ape from The Last Battle.
The picture scanned sort of weird (I'm trying to find a better program to scan with) but I hope it still turned out ok. :)
Hope you guys like it! :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Topic starter Posted : June 30, 2012 5:03 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I really like your shading on the trees. But then, I love a well-drawn and gnarled tree no matter the context. ;)) The composition and color contrast in the whole piece are excellent :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 2, 2012 3:58 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Oh my goodness. You have such skill! :O

The focal point of the piece, Shift, is really excellently drawn. He looks so real! I love the basket of thread by him and the detail you put into his actions.
The tree is a really fantastic background. The roots are really smoothly done, and the tree itself is really amazing.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : July 7, 2012 7:18 am
CSLewisNarnia
(@cslewisnarnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow that looks great!! It's done so beautifully! You really captured the fur and the tree very well. The shading is marvelous! (Hey, it could totally be a book cover or something ;)) ) Bravo, for such excellent work!

Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.

Posted : July 8, 2012 12:37 pm
Share: