Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Queen of Legend - Susan Wallpaper

RuralNarniaFan
(@ruralnarniafan)
NarniaWeb Regular

I made this wallpaper a couple days ago for the graphics game, and thought I'd share it here. I was going for a sort of Medieval Celtic feel, as well as the feel of an enchanted woods. I made two versions, since I really couldn't whether to apply all the textures only to the background or to apply a couple of them to Susan.

Widescreen (16:9 - 1920x1080)

Widescreen, Alternate Version (16:9 - 1920x1080)

Fullscreen (4:3 - 1920x1440)

Fullscreen, Alternate Version (4:3 - 1920x1440)

Criticism and comments appreciated. :) You're free to use any of my wallpapers on your desktop if you actually want to. :P

Spelling Nazi, at your service. ;)
Avatar and signature are my own - will make Narnia graphics on request.

Topic starter Posted : March 10, 2011 9:55 pm
HM Swanwhite
(@hm-swanwhite)
NarniaWeb Nut

Great job, again the colouring is great, the textures are superb and I loove the colour of her eyes, so penetrating! The font goes perfectly with the Celtic theme. I really love it! :D

Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan

Posted : March 13, 2011 12:40 pm
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Very nice job, RuralNarniaFan! :) I too greatly like the colouring, especially the subtle blue-ish tint to it. Your use of textures is good, I think I prefer the second or alternate version that you posted, where the textures are not over her face. I'm always slightly hesitant about putting too noticeable of textures over people's faces, (although this is really just personal preference), so I like the second one better because the textures were only used in the background/etc. :)

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

Posted : March 14, 2011 5:01 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Nice work, Rural! I really love the overall presentation and green coloring you chose, especially since this scene with Susan already takes place in a lush, green forest. I like how you accented certain parts on Susan's outfit as well as the boldness of the arrow feathers. I agree a bit with what ForeverFan mentioned about the textured speckles over Susan's face. For me, they're a tad bit distracting, when looking at her directly. The castle ruins look beautiful when blended within the green and it does have a very Celtic appearance to it, particularly with the gaelic style font you used for the text! :)

Great job on this!

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : March 14, 2011 11:35 am
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

Nice wp variations RuralNarniaFan. Hmm, I don't think that one is more effective than the other (both work well), but I prefer the first version. The textures added to Susan really help to push the image. They also help to give a slight color change to the image, whereas in the second piece this element falls flat (in comparison). In additon, the subtle yellow specks compliment well with the blues in Susan's eyes. Another great touch here as well with the greens of the BG with the ends of Susan's arrows. I really like the overall green coloration and I definitely get a celtic feel, especially with the undertone, subtle imagery (this adds a nice finishing touch by the way). Your choice of text also works really well with the piece (it's nice to see something a little different than "Queen Susan", but still have the same amount of vigor). Nice work .

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

Posted : March 18, 2011 5:51 pm
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh, I love this wallpaper! I love the bright colors especially her eyes. I can't decide which I like better. I love the coloring when you put the texture over her but I'm not really big on the speckles on her face. You did very well on getting the celtic feel across. I really like it. Good job.

Posted : March 21, 2011 9:09 am
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oooh Ru!! :D I LOVE this!! The colors and the textures and the font just really push that magical ancient feel! Absolutely gorgeous!! *saves with a grin*
Like LE, I prefer the first version because of the way the texture helps enhance the magical feel of the wallpaper.
Awesome job! :D :D

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

Posted : March 26, 2011 3:24 pm
Share: