Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Puddleglum Concept Art

Pepper Darcy
(@pepper-darcy)
NarniaWeb Nut

I realize I haven't posted here in forever, but last night I decided to draw up some marshwiggle fun! I drew this (see link) from one of my favourite scenes in The Silver Chair. And I realize Puddleglum does look seriously young with freckles, but I think he's so darling cute so, enjoy and tell me what you think!! Thanks guys!!

http://pepperdarcy.deviantart.com/#/d4ahr9c

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:

Topic starter Posted : September 21, 2011 6:25 am
Princess Anna
(@princess-anna)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Aww, he's cute! :)

I mean, sure he's younger than we're used to seeing him... but you did an outstanding job! I wish I could draw this well! Your details and shading are incredible!! *wants to hug Puddleglum now*

Lovely job, Pepper Darcy! And a big welcome back to FA!

Posted : September 21, 2011 7:35 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wow Pepper Darcy, I'm in love with your pen lines and cross hatching!!! :D
Beautiful look!
Even though he is younger looking He looks very Puddleglumish! :)
Awesome Job!!!

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : September 21, 2011 2:50 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I think that's really cute! I love the cartoonish style to it! It looks like a professional drawing that one would find in a children's literature book.

Great job!

~Riella =:)

Posted : September 22, 2011 10:37 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Awww, it's Puddleglum, all full of bobbance and bounce. He should go on a quest, or something. :D

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : September 29, 2011 7:53 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Great job, Pepper Darcy! It's such a jovial expression of his more youthful side and I think you captured his character very well. All of the details and work you put into his clothes are just superb! You shaded it so well too. I love his face and it really reflects off the quote you chose to base the drawing on. His smile is so sweet and the freckles on his face are a nice touch. They do make him all the more Marshwigglish. Oh, and I think the long nose looks lovely on him as well. :) I also agree about the patchiness and wearing of his clothes as he doesn't seem the sort who would be bothered by it, on the contrary perhaps more comfortable. I particularly like the tattered bottom of this shirt and the buckles on the side.

As I said, very well done! :D

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : October 1, 2011 1:20 pm
Mehinen
(@mehinen)
NarniaWeb Nut

So that's what a young marshwiggle looks like! :D He's cute, though I wonder what colour are freckles on a marshwiggle...

Great job with the shading, especially on the hat.

My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/

Posted : October 9, 2011 4:32 am
Gildor_Inglorion
(@gildor_inglorion)
NarniaWeb Junkie

That's amazing Pepper Darcy! And he does look cute. :D

Posted : October 30, 2011 2:01 pm
RoseRed
(@rosered)
NarniaWeb Regular

Awesome! I've never really thought about what a young marsh wiggle would be like...I wonder if they're more cheerful than the adults? Wonderful drawing though, wouldn't look out of place next to pauline bayne's imho :)

Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.

Posted : December 27, 2011 10:30 pm
Pepper Darcy
(@pepper-darcy)
NarniaWeb Nut

my gosh-- I've forgotten about Narniaweb O_o but wow, THANK you guys so much!! These are all such nice kind comments!! *glomps you all* :D :D :D :D :D :D

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:

Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2012 3:00 pm
Share: