Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] "Fresh Start" Wallpaper Contest!!!!!!!

Page 1 / 4
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Hello, and welcome to the very first NarniaWeb Fan Art Contest on the new forum! We hope that this will be the first of many, and that your talent, which was so dazzling on the old forum, will be just as glittering and magnificent as the new forum.

With NarniaWeb opening a brand new chapter in it's history, a theme of "Fresh Starts" has become evident. This theme spreads from the mods and admins who helped to build this new forum, to the look of the new forum, to the posting style, etc. . . Therefore, it seems only fitting that we in the Fan Art section go along with this glorious theme.

So we have decided to host a wallpaper contest with a theme of "Fresh Starts" Simply design a standard sized wallpaper that goes along with this theme, and enter it for a chance to win NarniaWeb's first ever wallie competition on the new forum.

Of course, we must have some rules:

1. There will be no comments allowed in this thread. Any comment found will be deleted immediately. As usual, we do not want our judges becoming biased by people's comments. After the judges have announced the winners, users will be permitted to post comments.

2. All entries must be received by Saturday, September 19th. Any entry not received by 11:59 Friday, September 18th, will be disqualified. No late entries will be accepted.

3. All wallpapers must be 1024x768. As this size would stretch the forum, we have also decided that all wallpapers must be thumbnailed. Directions for doing so can be found in the Fan Art's "Got Questions, Get Answers" thread, or by PMing a Fan Art moderator.

4. As stated before, the theme of "Fresh Starts" will be the core of this competition. The judges will be looking for the piece of artwork that best represents that idea. You may represent that through the text utilised on your wallie, or by the images you choose, but it must be represented somehow in order for it to be considered for judging.

5. You may have one entry, and one entry only.

The judges for this competition will be Flambeau and Suchwascharn. On September 19th, the Fan Art mods will close the thread so that no new entries may be receieved. Judges will deliberate for a maximum of one week before the thread is reopened and winners are announced.

You have amazed us with your talent in the past, on the old forum, and it is our hope that you continue to do so for years to come on this new forum. So why not start now? Dazzle us with your talent and your artistic abilities.

Thank you, and good luck!
DiGoRyKiRkE, Gymfan15, and Princess Anna: Fan Art Moderators

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Topic starter Posted : August 21, 2009 2:39 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Here's mine that I threw together. ;))

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 4, 2009 9:26 am
Follower of Aslan
(@follower-of-aslan)
NarniaWeb Nut

Can you post more than one entry? If so, I'd like to enter a couple...

Anyway, here is my own: http://i32.tinypic.com/nccck1.jpg

The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn

Posted : September 5, 2009 1:19 pm
Princess Anna
(@princess-anna)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Alright, here's mine...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... tentry.png

If the judges have any questions as to why I chose the pictures I did, feel free to pm me. :)

Posted : September 5, 2009 8:41 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

If people have questions concerning the contest, please PM a Fan Art mod, rather than post the questions in here.

You are only permitted to post ONE entry. I have edited the original post, in order to reflect that rule.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Topic starter Posted : September 6, 2009 1:12 pm
Daylight
(@daylight)
NarniaWeb Nut

Heres my entry! :D

Proud member of the Hawk Nelson Club!
Avi by filmowe on livejournal.

Posted : September 7, 2009 4:10 am
ALittleMoreSonic
(@alittlemoresonic)
NarniaWeb Regular

Sounds like fun. :) Here's mine.

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:07 am
Mar In Narnia
(@mar-in-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here's my entry for the contest. Good luck to everyone :)

Click in the image to view full-size.

Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:52 am
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Posted : September 7, 2009 2:46 pm
Edmund_is_King
(@edmund_is_king)
NarniaWeb Nut

NW bro of Atamar, Hoped4jill, and Georgiefan
NW Younger bro and servant of her highness Ti'ana
sig and ava by me

Posted : September 8, 2009 3:08 pm
Starsy
(@starsy)
NarniaWeb Regular

My entry! :D

"To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken."

C.S. Lewis

Posted : September 8, 2009 5:04 pm
pogginfan
(@pogginfan)
NarniaWeb Nut

Fun, fun! :)

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!

Posted : September 9, 2009 12:39 pm
loper42
(@loper42)
NarniaWeb Regular

Just click on the picture to see the full size picture.

Photobucket
Livejournal

Posted : September 9, 2009 4:45 pm
lilsis_lucy
(@lilsis_lucy)
NarniaWeb Regular

Alright, here she is!!

av/sig me
Narnia Nuts in NH Club
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis

Posted : September 10, 2009 10:53 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

Okay, here's mine!

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : September 10, 2009 12:04 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: