Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Ratings of the Future Movies

Page 4 / 5
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Interesting post but there's no way LB (if done correctly) will get a PG. I want the last battle in the movie to be epic but in terms of emotions and character development, not in terms of physical numbers of people and animals fighting.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : December 23, 2009 4:04 pm
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I don't know, LB might be able to be done with a PG, but a hard PG, maybe. If it gets done very close to the way C.S. Lewis wrote it, it might be able to get away with a PG. But I don't know if it will, because it's hard to translate certain things written in books onto the screen. For example: quote from LB: "Tirian saw Jill being pulled away by her hair." That is the last Tirian sees of Jill in the last battle until he is through the Stable door. It may either be left like that, or he may actually see her flung through! :-o

And Tash---even the illustrations of him always made me shiver. If his part got played up at all, that could definitely be a PG-13. (The characters lke Tash in LOTR -- theBalrog, Shelob, and the Witch-king --come to mind. :-s ) I fervently hope Tash can be done with a PG but I don't know if that will be able to happen.

I guess it's going to depend on how the filmmakers handle it. But no matter what it turns out like, there's bound to be some intense emotional stuff going on.

Bookwyrm, as a matter of fact, I always liked Susan.

Posted : December 23, 2009 5:33 pm
Eponine24601
(@eponine24601)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Back again, after a hiatus to find my original handle gone. How annoying.

I think that LB will definitely be PG-13. Even if nothing is explicitly shown, it's still very intense and could be disturbing to some viewers. In fact, I think that if they do the movie properly it should be PG-13. This seems a reasonable rating to me.

Posted : December 25, 2009 2:15 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

What's a 'handle' in regards to a discussion forum?
Totally agree with you in regards to the rating.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : December 26, 2009 10:34 pm
Eponine24601
(@eponine24601)
NarniaWeb Newbie

A handle is a user name. I managed to find the button to transfer my original handle over so I'm good to go now :)

I do think though as far as movie ratings go, the future movies should be PG-13.

Posted : December 27, 2009 1:28 pm
JillPoleWannabe123
(@jillpolewannabe123)
NarniaWeb Regular

I really don't care what any of the movies are rated, as long as they don't go any higher than PG-13. I would be very upset if people rated it R, because I wouldn't be able to watch the movie! :( (Well, here in America that's how they rate it. I'm not sure about everywhere else.)

I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...

Posted : January 4, 2010 5:19 am
Pyxis
(@pyxis)
NarniaWeb Nut

I don't think that any of the movies would be rated R, though, considering that they are based off of children's books. The Last Battle might be rated PG-13, though. I think all the others would be PG.

Posted : January 4, 2010 9:36 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

Pyxis: yes, I agree with you! an R rating would be too strong, especially since the books are children's books.....even though LB will be very violent on screen! PG-13 is far enough in my opinion......

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : January 4, 2010 12:03 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

An R rating will never happen. It's absurd to even suggest such a thing. Please stop suggesting it and engaging in a mass freakout over the idea. You're worrying over nothing.

Topic starter Posted : January 5, 2010 4:34 pm
ceb111481
(@ceb111481)
NarniaWeb Nut

I highly doubt they would rate any of them R simply because as others have already said, they are based on children's books and also because that's a lot of money they would be missing out on since a large portion of the target audience would be unable to attend unless a parent was able and willing to accompany them and believe me, they want those ticket sales.

So I don't think the under 17 crowd needs to worry too much about that. I think at the most they would rate it PG-13 and put a strong warning on it if need be.

"Into an allegory a man can put only what he already knows; in a myth he puts what he does not yet know and could not come by in any other way."
~C.S. Lewis

Posted : January 6, 2010 2:24 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

VDT- PG
Silver Chair- PG or possible PG-13
HHB- PG or possible PG-13
MN- PG
Last Battle- PG-13 (No doubt on this one.)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : January 14, 2010 4:37 am
Olorin55
(@olorin55)
NarniaWeb Newbie

VDT- There is nothing in the book at least that might lead to worse than a PG rating, however it remains unclear what they have added

Silver Chair- This might only be bad enough to rate a PG-13 if they make the escape from the underworld overly violent or actually portray the making of man pie (both unlikely)

Horse and His Boy- This book has several elements that if portrayed might cause it to be PG-13: The beatings of Shasta, the suicide attempt of Aravis, the percieved reference to the Islamic world, the wounding of Aravis, etc. However if these are not shown graphically it will recieve a PG

Magician's Nephew- No places where this can be made PG-13

The Last Battle- I think that the movie needs to be PG-13 to properly show the catastrophe before the sudden and joyful arrival of eucatastrophe

Posted : January 21, 2010 3:09 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

"The Magician's Nephew- No places where this can be made PG-13."

Are you sure about that? Ever heard of the city of Charn and the bloody wars that took place there?

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : January 29, 2010 3:51 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

The streets did run red with blood after all. Not sure it's necessary to make it PG-13, but it is possible.

Topic starter Posted : January 29, 2010 8:24 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I imagine Lewis is painting a picture of great violence but yes, it shouldn't be gratuitous. But even if it's implied, I think the thematic content would warrant a PG-13, maybe even an R rating (eg. The Matrix received an R and its content is fairly tame, so who knows what will happen).

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : January 29, 2010 8:59 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: