Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Music of Narnia: Past, Present and Future

Page 1 / 22
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Welcome to the Music of Narnia!

We've had many topics on the music of Narnia over the years; everything from debating over whether or not there should pop music in Narnia to discussing our love (and dislike) of the theme from the BBC Narnia series. Now it's time for the next chapter; A fresh start on a brand new forum! So go ahead and post away and who knows what discussions the future will hold, after all,
this is only the beginning of the adventure...

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Bookwrym, EtJ, Shantih

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

Topic starter Posted : August 25, 2009 6:56 am
NarniaWally
(@narniawally)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Welcome to the Music of Narnia!

We've had many topics on the music of Narnia over the years; everything from debating over whether or not there should pop music in Narnia to discussing our love (and dislike) of the theme from the BBC Narnia series. Now it's time for the next chapter; A fresh start on a brand new forum! So go ahead and post away and who knows what discussions the future will hold, after all,
this is only the beginning of the adventure...

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Bookwrym, EtJ, Shantih

D you think David Arnold will change the Narnia Music theme much? I mean it was so spellbinding in the movie and then getting the cd's made it so much more enjoyable. :D I know he is the new composer on the team.. :- but would you think keeping the underlying music theme is important? HP did not change a whole lot, anyway it did not sound like it...thanks for listening...

Remember/// He longs to be with us more than we long to be with Him !!!..Wally

Posted : September 4, 2009 9:15 am
Gertrude
(@gertrude)
NarniaWeb Newbie

D you think David Arnold will change the Narnia Music theme much? I mean it was so spellbinding in the movie and then getting the cd's made it so much more enjoyable. :D I know he is the new composer on the team.. :- but would you think keeping the underlying music theme is important? HP did not change a whole lot, anyway it did not sound like it...thanks for listening...

I hope he keeps a small thread of original score running throughout but I really hope, keeping with the theme, that he builds on it. There wasn't much change with PC. Nothing to define it from LWW. So I hope there's a hint of the original score throughout the series, but would love to see something new.

All hail Gertrude, the Narnian Centaur!

Posted : September 4, 2009 9:25 am
Farsight1
(@farsight1)
NarniaWeb Regular

I enjoy Harry Gregson-Williams' work with LWW, but I'm looking forward for David Arnold's own perspective on what Harry started. And considering his resume, I think we're definitely in for something!

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:01 pm
adamie
(@adamie)
NarniaWeb Nut

you think David Arnold will change the Narnia Music theme much? I mean it was so spellbinding in the movie and then getting the cd's made it so much more enjoyable. :D I know he is the new composer on the team.. :- but would you think keeping the underlying music theme is important? HP did not change a whole lot, anyway it did not sound like it...thanks for listening...

I hope he rebuilds the soundtrack, with some new themes, but keeping some of the old once there too. I hope there is a new theme that represents the see and the journey to Aslan's country or something like that. That would be cool

click the image.

Posted : September 4, 2009 11:01 pm
Kelila
(@kelila)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm actually really pumped about hearing some fresh music. It seems to me that although Harry Gregson-William's music was very good, he recycled too much and used the same patterns over and over. I can't wait to hear the soundtrack for VDT. Something lively and spirited! Also, the music for the nightmare island--can't wait to see where he takes that. ;)

Everything's funny at one o'clock in the morning!

Posted : September 5, 2009 8:26 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Voyage of the Dawn Treader is SUCH a good movie to have a new composer with. Don't get me wrong, I really loved Harry-Gregson Williams; he invented Narnia music for the first movie, and it was fitting that he would also be the one to twist it around in Prince Caspian, where the kids find both changes and similarities in their beloved Narnia. VODT, however, is all about new discoveries, new places, new settings. It almost needs as much new invention as the first one. The old theme should still be there, but new stuff should appear as well.

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : September 5, 2009 12:36 pm
BagOfLardLady
(@bagoflardlady)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I'm excited as well. A new composer will be nice. But it would also be nice if they kept a few of the themes from the first two movies. I can never remember which one they used again in Prince Caspian... was it Tumnus's theme? That one was especially good for rousing up old memories of Narnia.
I hope the new composer lives up to expectations!

Posted : September 5, 2009 1:31 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am not sure what music i want in VDT nothing to loud though.

Posted : September 5, 2009 5:31 pm
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think the music should be very different (I'd love some new themes), but maybe with one song or two with the hint of the previous narnia theme.

Posted : September 6, 2009 10:54 am
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I definitely would like to have new music for this movie, an every other,
but I would also like some of the same.

For instance,
Both LWW and PC had the same exact music as the Pevensie kids first entered Narnia. If possible I would like this to remain in most, if not, all of them.

Posted : September 7, 2009 5:39 am
Laura E. A.
(@laura-e-a)
NarniaWeb Regular

Kelila: I agree with your sig. Sometimes, when my brother and sisters stay up till midnight, we find ourselves laughing at the drop of a hat (and other things which would be even less funny in the daytime). =)) But anyways. I thought they used way too much of the LWW music in PC, but that's just my humble opinion since I detest PC anyways. I'm interested in VDT, but not excited after I've heard of a few changes that will be made. :(

God's hardness is kinder than the softness of man, and his compulsion is our liberation--- C.S.Lewis

Posted : September 7, 2009 1:22 pm
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh man... this is one point that has me holding my breath. I'm not exactly looking forward to a new composer. As a matter of fact, I was horrified when I learned about it. Pleased that Adamson's not directing, unhappy Gregson-Williams is not doing the music. *sigh* Well, I'm just trying to be optimistic.
I definitely think that the old themes should be there, but added to and developed. But I also think that there should be new ones. After all, "I don't think we're in Narnia anymore Reepicheep!"

Incidentally, this is my first NarniaWeb post. Hey y'all! Funny, my first post is an opinionated one. :D I've been lurking in the background for ages, and today finally said, "That's it! I'm joining in on all the fun!"

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

Posted : September 7, 2009 3:52 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

unhappy Gregson-Williams is not doing the music. *sigh* Well, I'm just trying to be optimistic.
Incidentally, this is my first NarniaWeb post.

I was upset at first,
but the man chosen to do it did will with the new director on a previous project they did, also for Walden Media: Amazing Grace, so I am still hopeful.
I know a good job will be done on this, on both points, directing an composing.

Welcome to the narniaweb forum. :)

Posted : September 7, 2009 4:13 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

I'm very much looking forward to a new composer. :) I loved HGW's work in LWW, but was less than thrilled with what he did with PC; not with the music itself, per say, but that he reused so many themes. Some bits of music were exactly identical to bits in LWW; without a single bit of variation. It seemed like there wasn't much new music in PC to make it very memorable. I did like Caspian's Theme and Reepicheep's Theme, but beyond that I found it pretty lacking in unique tracks that made it worth listening to alongside the LWW soundtrack.

I think that David Arnold will keep very little bits of main themes in VdT, but will largely compose a score all of his own, which is just fine by me. VdT is such a different story than LWW and PC that it make sense that the musical style will change as well.

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 10, 2009 4:34 am
Page 1 / 22
Share: