Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Music of Narnia: Past, Present and Future

Page 22 / 22
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm going to go a bit back on Narnia soundtracks (I hope that's alright) and, hopefully, work my way up... if my fingers can find the strength :) .

1979 LWW- I absolutely love the music to this movie. The main theme used throughout is what Narnia should sound like, to me anyway (it's the first sound I heard for Narnia growing up, so it has a lot of meaning for me). The tone comes through the music for several scenes (I particularly enjoy the scores for each "Chase" number and "Work Against the Emperor's Magic"). Not all of the music is able to shine just by watching the film. As such, if you have the opportunity to listen to the soundtrack (as a soundtrack only with no SFX or dialogue tracks), I highly recommend it (a good example of this is in the "Battle" score).

BBC Series- I'll have to elaborate more on this set later- mainly because I forget what a lot of the themes actually sound like. I do remember the main theme used throughout the series as an intro. and exit, but that's about it.

Walden Media Series (lyrical)- personally, I go back and forth between liking the lyrical songs to disliking them. I find that I don't really want to listen to them on the soundtracks, but that I have a better liking for them while watching the credits to the films. Weird. For LWW, I only enjoyed Imogen Heap's "I Can't Take It In" for about five seconds and Alanis Morissette's "Wunderkind" for about ten. I much preferred the song that was never meant to be which was "Together Again" by Evanescence (and maybe I'm just bias because I prefer an Evanescence song to one by Morrissette or Heap). I do like "This is Home" by Switchfoot, but again, I prefer the version with the PC credits rather than the version on the soundtrack. On a final note, I really don't care for "There's a Place For Us" by Carrie Underwood. This is only due to her style of singing, it's not something that I enjoy listening to. It's not a bad song/performance nor are the lyrics terrible, it's just not my style of music to listen to.

Walden Series (soundtrack)- I enjoy themes from both Harry Gregson-Williams and Davidc Arnold. Williams set up a great tone with the overall theme to LWW and I am glad that it is used throughout all the films, even, thankfully, into VDT. What I like about Arnold's score is that it does sound like something different, that it wasn't trying to mimic Williams' work, but expand upon it and bring in something new. I'm not a fan on all of the themes for VDT, but I do like the new sounds that come in with the opening and ending themes ("Opening Titles" and "Time to go Home").

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

Posted : October 18, 2011 6:22 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

I don't know if this is the proper thread for this, but here's a Coldplay video based on Narnia.

It's pretty funny, I read before that Anna Popplewell likes Coldplay, and this video has clips of her as Susan in it! I wonder if they know... B-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... _jlVNXW_0c

Hmm...the song's okay...just thought you'd want to know...

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : October 23, 2011 12:47 pm
Sui-Lun
(@sui-lun)
NarniaWeb Regular

Harry Gregson-William's music is truly amazing. I think he makes more of a mood than a plain melody. David Arnold's sounds different, and I prefer Gregson-Williams. Anybody with me?

Posted : December 20, 2011 2:31 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Agreed.

He has the feel of Narnia in his music.

Thought of this the other day and wanted to share it:

Andrew Adamson did the Shrek films, right? Well, at the end of Shrek II, in the credits, there's a song by Frou Frou, a group with singer Imogen Heap in it.

good song, by the way :D/

At the end of LWW, Adamson has in the credits "Can't Take it In" by...Imogen Heap.

Funny huh?

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : February 8, 2012 1:42 pm
D-T
 D-T
(@d-t)
NarniaWeb Regular

This is kinda out of nowhere. but after some thought, I think it would be okay for pop, or rock, or hip hop, whatever, was in the films as long as it worked well with the circumstances.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS

Posted : February 27, 2012 1:23 pm
Page 22 / 22
Share: