Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] General Movie Questions

Page 1 / 17
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Have a quick question about the movies that doesn't really require ten pages of discussion, just a simple answer? This is the place for that question.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 15, 2009 7:11 pm
FriendofNarnia2
(@friendofnarnia2)
NarniaWeb Nut

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask the question, but I'll ask it anyway.

Have the fan commentary of Prince Caspian been uploaded to the new narniaweb yet? If so, where can I find it?

Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2009 5:10 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

I know I'm gonna look very blond after this question but oh well. In PC, the Narnians come and steal weapons and armor, Miraz asks how many men they lost. General Glozelle tells Miraz that the Narnians came "like ghosts in the dead of night. We never saw them" Then Miraz keeps pressing for a number of dead men form this "bloody, Narnian attack. Of which you were the fortunate survivor. How many, General?" and then proceeds to slap Glozelle across the face. "Three".

I'm guessing that Miraz was trying to make a reason for him to "legally" be able to take the throne. Especially after he tells Lord Sopespian that Caspian was the instigator. Am I correct? or am I missing the whole point and y'all are laughing at me? :)

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2009 8:15 am
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

FriendofNarnia2, yes the Fan Audio Commentary has been placed here on the New NarniaWeb. Here is the link for NarniaWeb where you can find the link. And here is the direct link to the place where you actually download the Commentary.

I believe, A_Narnian_Ship, what was happening in that scene was this: The Narnians came in the dead of night, General Glozel and his men never saw them. "bloody, Narnian attack. Of which you were the fortunate survivor. How many, General?" Then Glozel looks behind him and there are THREE men behind him. Glozel grabs the sword and says "Three". So, obviously, if the men cannot protect the weapons, what use are they? And Miraz want them to be "taken car of". A.K.A, killed, by Glozel.

I hope I explained that well. Perhaps somebody else can explain better :) .

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2009 10:21 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

It was my impression that Miraz simply wanted a few dead Telmarines to get the people angry and outraged against the Narnians, paving the way for him to take the throne easily and gain sympathy and support for an all-out battle. When no one had been killed or even hurt during the weapon raid, Miraz forced Glozelle to execute a few of his men in order to provide him with the sufficient "proof" he needed for a war.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2009 5:23 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

That's pretty much what I thought, Gymfan. Thank you both, Gymfan and Edmund P., for helping me clarify!!!

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2009 10:39 am
RevelinginWonder
(@revelinginwonder)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey, it's good to clear that up! I never understood that scene. :)

Thank you to Djaq for the marvelous signature!

NWeb siblings: pogginfan and Windsong!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2009 5:36 am
Laura E. A.
(@laura-e-a)
NarniaWeb Regular

Neither did I!

God's hardness is kinder than the softness of man, and his compulsion is our liberation--- C.S.Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2009 11:06 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I think there are two further aspects - one is the obvious "Miraz is the boss and a nasty one at that, and he makes you kill your own men to show your loyalty", plus the three men have just heard Glozelle tell Miraz that they were beaten in an overnight raid, so they need to be removed as possible gossip mongers.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2009 10:15 pm
AngelaPevensie
(@angelapevensie)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I know I'm gonna look very blond after this question but oh well. In PC, the Narnians come and steal weapons and armor, Miraz asks how many men they lost. General Glozelle tells Miraz that the Narnians came "like ghosts in the dead of night. We never saw them" Then Miraz keeps pressing for a number of dead men form this "bloody, Narnian attack. Of which you were the fortunate survivor. How many, General?" and then proceeds to slap Glozelle across the face. "Three".

I'm guessing that Miraz was trying to make a reason for him to "legally" be able to take the throne. Especially after he tells Lord Sopespian that Caspian was the instigator. Am I correct? or am I missing the whole point and y'all are laughing at me? :)

That's right. He needed a reason for the loss of weapons other than " They came like ghosts , etc. "
And no , you don't sound blonde. :)

God Bless you all, you're in prayers.
"One Ring to Rule Them All"

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Laura E. A.
(@laura-e-a)
NarniaWeb Regular

:- On Skandar Keyne's website, in the VDT movie description, it says that they encounter 'a band of lost warriors'. I'm pretty sure there was nothing about that in the book. Does anyone have any light to shed on this? Thanks! /:)

God's hardness is kinder than the softness of man, and his compulsion is our liberation--- C.S.Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2009 10:04 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Well, technically the Seven Lords are "lost warriors", because they're warriors, and they're well, lost to Caspian. I don't think Skandar's description is meant to mean any more than that. :)

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2009 10:17 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

That quote comes from the original official description for the movie, contained in the earlier press releases:

Lucy and Edmund Pevensie make their third trip back to Narnia. Accompanied by their cousin Eustace, they meet up with Prince Caspian on a trip across the sea. Aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader, they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world.

And then that was replaced by the second official description:

In the enchanted land of Narnia, Edmund and Lucy join King Caspian on a sworn mission to find the seven lost Lords of Narnia. So begins a perilous new quest that takes them to the farthest edge of the Eastern world on board the mighty Dawn Treader. Sailing uncharted seas, the old friends must survive a terrible storm, encounters with sea serpents, dragons, and invisible enemies to reach lands where magicians weave mysterious spells and nightmares come true. They need every ounce of courage and the help of the great lion Aslan to triumph in their most hazardous adventure of all.

Which was then superceded with the longer, and more infamous, recent official description:

Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their pesky cousin Eustace Scrubb - find themselves swallowed into a painting and on to a fantastic Narnian ship headed for the very edges of the world. Joining forces once again with their royal friend Prince Caspian and the warrior mouse Reepicheep, they are whisked away on a mysterious mission to the Lone Islands, and beyond. On this bewitching voyage that will test their hearts and spirits, the trio will face magical Dufflepuds, sinister slave traders, roaring dragons and enchanted merfolk. Only an entirely uncharted journey to Aslan's Country - a voyage of destiny and transformation for each of those aboard the Dawn Treader - can save Narnia, and all the astonishing creatures in it, from an unfathomable fate.

Whether or not the changes in the description match the changes in the direction they have been taking with the script/production/etc (i.e from their initial idea, to the leaked script, to the final script) im not sure.

ADDED:

Return to the magic and wonder of C.S. Lewis' beloved world - via the fantastic Narnian ship, the Dawn Treader. In this new installment of the blockbuster The Chronicles of Narnia motion picture franchise, Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their cousin Eustace and their royal friend King Caspian, find themselves swallowed into a painting and on to the Dawn Treader. As they embark on an incredible adventure of destiny and discovery, they confront obstacles beyond imagination.

A newer, modified and extended version:

Return to the magic and wonder of C.S. Lewis’ beloved world – via the fantastic Narnian ship, the Dawn Treader. In this new installment of the blockbuster “The Chronicles of Narnia” motion picture franchise, Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their cousin Eustace, their royal friend King Caspian, and a warrior mouse named Reepicheep, find themselves swallowed into a painting and on to the Dawn Treader. Their mission – on which rests the fate of Narnia itself – takes the courageous voyagers to mysterious islands and a river that turns to gold, to fateful confrontations with magical creatures and sinister enemies, and to a reunion with their friend and protector, the “Great Lion” Aslan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2009 11:36 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I have got bored with these descriptions. They are full of cliches and overworked adjectives. Much of it doesn't sound like the VDT I know. (-|

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2009 8:11 pm
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey all!
I was wondering when the Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn is coming out does anyone know? can't wait for it!

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2009 5:12 am
Page 1 / 17
Share: