Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] General Movie Questions

Page 2 / 18
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

This is more an observation than a question. But after so many weeks and months of getting VDT news on a regular basis, suddenly for more than a week ... nothing! No news whatsoever! X( So when will we have some news again? :-

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 4:20 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

We were very, very fortunate to get all these early news stories/pictures. Disney rarely let us post pictures of sets. Most definitely not of the actors. I've never really followed a Fox movie before so I don't know what their protocal is for releasing movie news, but I suspect we won't have much til 2010.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 8:18 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

We were very, very fortunate to get all these early news stories/pictures. Disney rarely let us post pictures of sets. Most definitely not of the actors. I've never really followed a Fox movie before so I don't know what their protocal is for releasing movie news, but I suspect we won't have much til 2010.

Thanks, fantasia! I don't know Disney or Fox protocol. I didn't follow movie news for LWW or PC, so I don't really know what's normal and what isn't. Following VDT news is a first for me, literally. I just thought it was odd to have absolutely nothing after steady news for months. As I said before in another thread, I came to the movie "party" late. :p

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 3:41 pm
jesusiskingofkings
(@jesusiskingofkings)
NarniaWeb Regular

Don't worry so have I.

But, I think that the reason for Miraz forcing an answer out of Glozell is for three things. To gain support form the other generals and lords for an all out attack of the Narnians, two, to gain the throne, and three to feed his own ego.

I liked that scene though until now I could never really understand it until now. And infact that was one of the scenes that concerned me.

I wonder of Rilian and glumpuddle discussed this on a pod-cast or not.

I would really like to know what they have to say about that scene.

To Narnia and the North!!!!!!!

Heaven and earh will Pass away but My words shall never pass away. Jesus, Matthew 24:35.

"When I was a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things including the thought of being gwon-up." C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2009 6:42 am
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey all!
I was wondering when the Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn is coming out does anyone know? can't wait for it!

Can someone answer this question?

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2009 3:59 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey all!
I was wondering when the Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn is coming out does anyone know? can't wait for it!

Can someone answer this question?

Since VDT is a December release, our best guess is that the trailer release schedule would be similar to that of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". That would mean a teaser trailer in May and a theatrical trailer in October.

The teaser trailer i would expect to be released alongside one of the bigger summer blockbusters in May - "Iron Man 2" on May 7th or "Prince of Persia" on May 28th would be my bets. "Shrek 4" on May 2st maybe a possibility too.

Hope that helps. Thats only a best guess though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2009 7:39 am
Narniagirl101
(@narniagirl101)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi Narnia fans -

Could you please give me the link for some photos and videos of the new Narnia filming thingy sutff ;)?

Thanks so much!!!

Happy Narnia ;) - Narniagirl101

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2009 2:39 pm
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Welcome to NarniaWeb Narniagirl101! :D In answer to your question, you could try looking at the "Dawn Treader Videos and Images" thread. (It's in the General Movie Discussion area.) I saw that it has links there to pictures from the filming, and the Cleveland Point videos.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=427

Hope that helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2009 9:04 am
lilsis_lucy
(@lilsis_lucy)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hi! I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but I was wondering about auditions for Jill Pole and like, say, if I wanted to audition, what I would have to do? Thanks! :)

av/sig me
Narnia Nuts in NH Club
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2009 4:49 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

if I wanted to audition, what I would have to do? Thanks! :)

In general.... join a drama school, get an agent, develop your acting resume, wait till December 2010 to see if Dawn Treader does well, wait till sometime in 2011 when they may or may not put out a casting call, apply for an audition through your agent, hope that you get selected for an audition.

See here:

http://www.narniaweb.com/info/narnia-mo ... ver-chair/

and perhaps here might help also:

http://straightfromschool.org/acting-guide/

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2009 7:43 am
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

Since VDT is a December release, our best guess is that the trailer release schedule would be similar to that of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". That would mean a teaser trailer in May and a theatrical trailer in October.

The teaser trailer i would expect to be released alongside one of the bigger summer blockbusters in May - "Iron Man 2" on May 7th or "Prince of Persia" on May 28th would be my bets. "Shrek 4" on May 2st maybe a possibility too.

Hope that helps. Thats only a best guess though.

That does help Icarus! Thanks!

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2009 6:42 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Umm... This is not a question, but my brother asked me to post this odd bit of movie "Trivia" (for lack of a better word), since he doesn't have an account. Its not at all worth it's own topic, so I thought I would just put it in here, if that's O.K. with the Mods. If there is a better location for this, please let me know!

What he asked me to note was this:
He has heard that here on NWeb, we often capitalize The Kiss when speaking (typing :D ) of the infamous scene at the end of PC. He suggested that if we were to abbreviate The Kiss into TK, it would be the same acronym used for team [member] killing/killer (Used in online, team-based multiplayer games). He is thinking that this is a somewhat interesting coincidence.
Just a little something!

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 23, 2009 7:41 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I hope this is where I post this, In PC when Lucy meets Aslan after escaping the Telmarines, people always say that the telmarine Aslan knocked down could be seen escaping through the forest, but I've never seen this. I was wondering if someone could point out just where on the screne this happens, for example upper left corner or bottom right-hand side or a screne shot with him circled? It would be greatly appreciated.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 31, 2009 8:12 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

That would be in the middle right-hand corner, wolfloversk.

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2010 9:29 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Thankyou A_Narnian_Ship I saw him this time :D

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2010 12:22 pm
Page 2 / 18
Share: