Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Ratings of the Future Movies

Page 2 / 5
DOECOG
(@doecog)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think LB should have a darker feel to it (at least the part before they enter Real Narnia), but I don’t know if this means it should have a PG-13 rating. One thing I really like about LWW and PC is how they conveyed how violent the situations were, without showing a lot of gore. Also, filmmakers get away with a lot more violence in PG than they used to. I think we’re going to have to wait for actual footage from LB to know if it can work as a PG.

DOECOG
Daughter Of Eve
Child Of God
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are... 1 John 3:1

Posted : September 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Also, film makers get away with a lot more violence in PG than they used too.

Maybe they do sometimes eg. (Prince Caspian, Eragon, and the Harry Potter movies) but that's certainly not the standard. Sexual references and some language are accepted in PG movies but violence is much more taboo than it used to be in PG movies.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : September 18, 2009 9:09 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I still think that PC should have been PG13 because it was so much darker than LWW..... but oh well.
but VotDT should be PG13! the sea cerpent and the dark island alone are gonna be raelly scary..... :-o

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : September 21, 2009 2:38 pm
Lady of the Green Kirtle
(@lady-of-the-green-kirtle)
NarniaWeb Regular

Personally it wouldn't bother me if LB were rated PG-13 (I'd still be old enough to watch it ;) ) Some little kids would still be allowed to watch it too depending on how strict their parents are about that kind of thing. I think they could keep it at PG though, as long as the battle scenes weren't too graphic. I'm not saying they should change anything from the book but it doesn't HAVE TO be extremely violent or bloody to get the point across.

That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum

Posted : September 23, 2009 4:28 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think LB should be pg-13. even lewis agreed that it was the most intense when he was challenged about it being suitable for his young readers. he said that this is a dark and evil world and as much intensity is going on now and here than is then and there.

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

Posted : October 6, 2009 12:44 pm
jesusiskingofkings
(@jesusiskingofkings)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think LB and the rest of them should be rated R. Only kidding!!!!!

Actually I really do not see the big deal, we all know that none of the films will be rated more than PG, but then again FOX is the boss now. Maybe they will allow for more violence and realism. We will see, I highly doubt it, I can not see Narnia being anything more than a PG thing at all.

To Narnia and the North!!!!!!!

Heaven and earh will Pass away but My words shall never pass away. Jesus, Matthew 24:35.

"When I was a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things including the thought of being gwon-up." C.S. Lewis

Posted : October 23, 2009 5:42 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Give some reasons why you think this. Violence and realism are not the only reasons LB could receive a PG-13.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : October 23, 2009 1:08 pm
jesusiskingofkings
(@jesusiskingofkings)
NarniaWeb Regular

I would be surprised if any Narnia film got more of a PG rating. The only one that might and mean might get a PG-13 would be the Last Battle.

Why does the Last Battle need a PG-13? There is not that much action in the book. Most of it is talking and dialog. Yeah their is Tash, and their is the destruction of Narnia a sad thing. Tash is the only thing I see that may push it the rating to a PG-13.

Realism would be if their was blood and guts being spilled during the battle by the shack.

Will they show the Calormens surprise attacking Cair Paraviel?

If they show that then yes I can see it being a PG-13 film. If they show blood spilling from the wounds and other injuries then yes a pg-13 would be needed. The violence well that speaks for it self I think.

Well that’s all for now.

God Bless and to Narnia and the North!!!!!!!

Heaven and earh will Pass away but My words shall never pass away. Jesus, Matthew 24:35.

"When I was a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things including the thought of being gwon-up." C.S. Lewis

Posted : October 26, 2009 7:30 am
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think some PG movies get pretty intense. But if you try to figure out whether LB should be PG-13, try comparing it to Lord of the Rings. Ask yourself, should LB be like LOTR?

Perhaps I should mention that I really don't think LOTR is much more intense than PC. I mean, at least in the battle scenes. I'm not counting scenes like Weathertop or Shelob, which were more than just battle scenes, they were really scary! (Like Tash.) ;)

I really always thought that since Narnia is for kids, not adults (Nobody take me wrong here, I know teens and adults love Narnia!), the film people should try to take that into account. But now that 'Prince Caspian' got away with such a high amount of violence for a PG movie (According to IMDB actually), I think maybe 'Last Battle' should be a soft PG-13. The book is clearly in another vein than the previous 6 entirely. You know, it's like the climax because it's the last book.

Posted : October 26, 2009 9:05 am
jesusiskingofkings
(@jesusiskingofkings)
NarniaWeb Regular

I still do not see the book as a PG-13. Look only three areas of the book could make it a pg-13 the battle itself, Tash and the destruction of Narnia itself. Now, if PC can get away with two huge fights, three sword fights, Edmund and Trumpkin, Caspian and Peter, Miraz and Peter then LB can get away with only three scary things one battle, one monster and Aslan destroying Narnia. Tell me how those three deserve a PG-13 rating. I don't, and I have read the book and have listened to it at least a total of 30 times.
The book yes is the climax of the series that however does mean it needs or has to get a pg-13 rating all. I'm not against the rating, but I do not see Walden or Fox doing that. I don't. I may be wrong, but i just don't see how any of the Narnia books can get a PG-13.

Actually I think that the Silver Chair is much darker and scarier than the Last Battle.

Well that’s all I have time for. God Bless everyone.

To Narnia and the North!!!!!!!

Posted : October 30, 2009 6:36 am
Tirian12
(@tirian12)
NarniaWeb Nut

LB has to be PG-13, there is no way they can make it PG without seriously affecting the story line. personally i don't think people will care that mcuh about the PG-13 rating, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix were both PG-13 and they weren't that much more violent than Prince Caspian. I don't think Fox will care as much as Disney did about being completly family friendly. and HP fans didn't really have a problem with PG-13 ratings and Narnia isn't much different than HP (in that respect) so i don't see why we should care about PG-13, R really would bug me thouhg (but it would never happen, unless we got a director who wanted everyone to start sleeping together).

avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1

Posted : October 30, 2009 8:06 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

People, it's not like PG-13 is an evil rating or anything! It doesn't take much for a movie to get a PG-13 (although, I guess the rating does cover a wide range of 'appropriate' content).
LB doesn't need to be gory or exceedingly violent to receive a PG-13. The dark and disturbing nature of much of the book would be enough for it to get the rating.
One battle - yes, but everyone dies in it. One monster - which just happens to be a Narnian demon.
LB was never for the really young children. It was the last in the series, so it could be read later on by the child when they were ready for it.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : October 30, 2009 3:43 pm
RevelinginWonder
(@revelinginwonder)
NarniaWeb Regular

Personally, I think that PG-13 would be okay, depending on what it's rated that for. But, generally, I think it would be fine. :) There are definitely a few, like Last Battle that might need to exceed PG.

Thank you to Djaq for the marvelous signature!

NWeb siblings: pogginfan and Windsong!

Posted : October 30, 2009 5:36 pm
strongandtrue22
(@strongandtrue22)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I think that trying to keep LB in PG rating would be good. This will open it up to more viewers because younger people will be able to watch it. I understand that PG for LB just might not be understandable and that they might have to make it PG-13. However I would say try really hard to keep it family friendly.

I didn't really think PC was very bad. I mean yes it did have a lot of battles in it, but not any gore or much violence. I like how the viewer feels the fear of battle but doesn't see much violence, this is how I think they should make LB.

Posted : November 9, 2009 3:49 pm
Lucy P.
(@lucy-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

Unless they really, really water down the battle in LB it will probably get a PG-13 rating.

In PC, the fighting got pretty scary, but hey! the good guys won in the end so it's not so bad.
Death is a scary thing, and when all the good guys perish kids tend to be disturbed.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Posted : November 10, 2009 2:21 am
Page 2 / 5
Share: