Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] General Movie Questions

Page 3 / 18
Fair Faun
(@fair-faun)
NarniaWeb Regular

In PC, the Narnians come and steal weapons and armor, Miraz asks how many men they lost. General Glozelle tells Miraz that the Narnians came "like ghosts in the dead of night. We never saw them" Then Miraz keeps pressing for a number of dead men form this "bloody, Narnian attack. Of which you were the fortunate survivor. How many, General?" and then proceeds to slap Glozelle across the face. "Three".

I thought it was simply that Miraz was protesting that if they'd only lost three men then they couldn't have put up much of a fight or that the soldiers (or some of them) must have run away when confronted with the Narnians or that the soldiers were all sleeping.

Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2010 2:36 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

Fair Faun: I was cofused about this for a long time until my mom said that Miraz was telling Glozelle to murder the three men standing behind him so that it wouldn't look like the Narnians just got away with steeling the weapons. I hope that is right.....and I hope that helps you! :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2010 8:54 am
Fair Faun
(@fair-faun)
NarniaWeb Regular

That could very well be it Liberty Hoffman. I must confess that I've only watched the film once (all the way through from start to finish) and that I'm now in the habit of putting the DVD in my player and skipping through it to watch my favourite scenes. I'll watch that scene again though. It will probably look different the second time around as I always find I notice details that I didn't notice before.

Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2010 10:53 am
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hm...I always assumed that originally in that scene Glozelle lied to Miraz saying that no one had died. When Miraz replies with "How do you explain your injuries?" Glozelle realizes that he has been caught lying, so he must admit that three of his men died.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2010 11:34 am
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Miraz says how many men did you lose and then his eyes flick towards the three men standing behind Glozelle. Glozelle then looks back at them and back at Miraz and says three taking his sword back from Miraz. He then turns as Miraz rides away towards the three men raising his sword.

Miraz told him to kill the three men for not guarding the supplies. He was threatening him saying either them or you. That is what happened in that scene.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2010 3:10 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

my mom was thinking that Miraz saying, "How do you explain your inguries" was him basically telling Glozelle to kill his men.....

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2010 8:05 am
narnia365
(@narnia365)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey, I do have a question about LWW: In the waterfall scene, where the Pevensies have to cross the river: the wolves come, they get stuck out in the middle, the waterfall breaks, and they all get washed away. Everyone knows that. Here's the question: when the Pevensies get out of the river, the current is flowing to the right. That means they never crossed the river. Right or wrong?
Logic behind this: (if facing the waterfall straight on, current coming toward you) the Pevensies come in from the left. That means facing on the left of the waterfall (where the Pevensies came in at), the current of the river would be going right. And when the Pevensies get out of the water, the current is still going right. That means, they never crossed.
Am I wrong, or did I just see it wrong? Sorry, I know it's sounds complicated. I can't explain things well...
Thanks!

"We have to travel to another dimension to rescue his father."
"That is so Narnia! Can I come?"
-Beyond the Reflections Edge, by Bryan Davis

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2010 11:57 am
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think the river is flowing to the left. They sort of show the beavers pushing them over to the side and it seems to be across the river and not back to the bank they were on.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2010 12:35 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I think they come out on the correct side. They cross to the right hand side if your facing the waterfall, and after they get on shore they are on the righthand side. This is still facing the waterfall, since that is the way it flows, and its also supported from the fact that Lucy walks toward them, (and presumably toward the waterfall)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2010 3:05 pm
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

There was not mistake there that i see :)

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2010 6:37 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I just watched it and I see no mistake..... :)

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2010 11:45 am
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yes. They are making the third book into a film as we speak. It is called The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2010 7:29 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Can anyone explain to me what "Pick-ups" are? As in "They are currently filming pick-ups..." I've never followed a movie before VDT and while I have seen/heard the word before in interviews, etc, I don't exactly know what it means. I assume that it is some kind of short, individual shot for the movie?

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2010 4:11 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I don't exactly know what it means. I assume that it is some kind of short, individual shot for the movie?

And you'd be right :)

Here is what the wikipedia entry has to say:

A pick-up is a term used in filmmaking to refer to small, relatively minor shots filmed or recorded after the fact to augment footage already shot. When entire scenes are redone, it is referred to as a re-shoot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick-up_(filmmaking )

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2010 8:36 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Thanks, Icarus, for helping me out. :)

So do they just shoot green-screen and add the background digitally after or do they actually have small-scale sets for shooting these pick-ups in? What I mean is, if they have to film a pick-up for a scene in, say, Coriakin's house, would they actually have a set for that there? That could be kind of... well, a lot of additional work, at least!

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2010 10:41 am
Page 3 / 18
Share: