Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] War of the Overdoms: The Castle of Ivory and Gold

Page 3 / 18
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

The Hoodie studied Lady A with mild suspicion, then took the cup from her and brought it to her lips. Her eyes widened in delight as the beverage warmed her throat, chasing away any chill left from her walk outdoors. "This is delicious!" she spoke rapturously, setting the cup down. "I have never tasted anything quite so good!"

She tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear, allowing the group of people around her to catch a glimpse of her face, albeit brief. She turned once again to Lady A. "I will follow in the footsteps of our dearest Dryad. I shall join this beloved castle of Goodness." She took a deep breath in hesitation. "Does this mean I get a title?"

She addressed the wolf with slight trepidation. "I can't say I've ever met a wolf before, but I am pleased. I think your list of names for our castle is quite satisfactory, although I can't pick just one. And perhaps you may ask the baristo - I think his name is Frazzle - for some milk?"

The Hoodie smiled at the Dryad and took a seat next to her. "You may be surprised to see me here. I remember you - you told me you'd give me a tour of the Monastery should I ever join. Well, here I am!"

Then she turned to the Hermit. "Hello... You look strangely familiar. Perhaps it is because I am also from the Mount of Spoilers. They call me the Hoodie. Will you perhaps be inclined to stay?"

Then the girl, satisfied, took her cup and drank the rest of her cappuccino.

av by dot

Posted : January 26, 2011 1:19 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have some questions for her highness, via another telegram:

Who are you really ??

What have you against his royal highness, Booky?

And...

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GIVE UP? YOU CAN"T STOP US!!

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 26, 2011 1:20 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

The wolf followed ze cat, Button, down ze stairway, not entirely thrilled about the creature's attitude. Along ze way she was sure she heard somebody beinging overjoyed about somesort of prophecy. She decided she must seek zis person out and ask her questions. Prophecy? Ze world was at war, her forested homeland in trouble, but this may lead to good? Zere art many mysteries... she thought to herself.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 26, 2011 1:33 pm
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The Silv'ry Wanderer gathered her cloak tighter around her, trying to shun the cold, biting wind. She hunched down lower on her beige-colored horse Sandy, wishing not for the first time that she was back within the hallowed halls of the Spoiler-Free Monastery. Among her fellow monks, she had found a home, the likes of which she had never found before. But she knew the doors would close in her face, someday. They always did. She wasn't called a Wanderer for nothing.

And so, after making sure Echo the Monastery kitten and Althaea officinalis - her beloved Marshmallow Tree - would be properly looked after by the Monastery gardener, she set off once again with none but her horse to keep her company.

"I don't suppose we'll ever find as good a place as that, eh?" she murmured, patting Sandy's warm flank.

The horse whinnied softly and shook her mane. Then her ears flicked upward as a howl pierced the air. A wolf.

Silver groaned. "Oh great. That's just what we need. Out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a pack of wolves!" But Sandy didn't seem to agree. Without Silver's bidding she took off, galloping towards the sound, her gait joyful as if she had just sighted an old friend.

"Please, Sandy! Stop!" Silver shouted, but for once, her horse ignored her. Left with no alternative, she hunched lower in her saddle and hung on for dear life. Something rose into view, a shadow silhouetted against the sky. It was a castle - a big, beautiful one at that. Silver had seen many castles before on her wanderings, but she had never seen one as splendorous as this one before. She had never seen one with wide open doors, either.

How odd, thought The Silv'ry Wanderer. But she didn't have much time to dwell on the matter before Sandy's galloping hooves swept her inside.

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : January 26, 2011 1:52 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

As soon as she heard the hoofsteps, The Hoodie bounded up the stairs into the courtyard. Perhaps it was for whom she had been waiting all along. She desperately hoped so.

She ground to a halt as she saw that the visitor was not whom she had expected. She bowed courteously. "Hello." She smiled at the latest visitor to the Castle. "Allow me to take you to our leader."

She walked downstairs, hoping that the latest visitor would follow.

av by dot

Posted : January 26, 2011 2:11 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Lu tiptoes inside, using her indoor voice to address the Queen.

"Your highness, please sit with me for a moment. It is most delightful to speak with you, and I have many things to ask you."

Lu sat down on the sofa to wait.

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 26, 2011 2:33 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

A head poked up from behind a chair, and eyes glinted in the sunlight near to where the Hoodie was walking downstairs. "Goodness gracious, there are lots of visitors coming here!"

She inclined her head as though listening to something. "What? They mean to stay? Oh dear."

The strange figure was none other than The Lieutenant of Questionable Loyalties, or Sweeet for short. How that nickname was derived, no one knew exactly. Some people used the more easily found nickname, Lieu, but she didn't care what she was called, so long as it wasn't Late-for-Dinner!

"I should have known that my service was not needed anymore..." brooded the Lieutenant to herself very moodily.

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : January 26, 2011 3:17 pm
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

newbie, georgiefan1, enters tentively.... " Umm...I hope noone disagrees with my joining this great group. Estimable Overlady I give you my humble services." georgiefan1 tips her pink hat and walks slightly nervous to the group and remains quiet as everyone talks

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : January 26, 2011 3:38 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Eusy nervously looked towards the Queen. "I. I was wanting to stay with you and join you. If that's okay."

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Lady A looked at the telegrams and yawned.

"I suppose the best way to deal with this is to go the source. Excuse me for a moment," she said, rising and leaving the room for a moment. If one were to follow her, they would find themselves in tue grand throne room, which was usually left unused, except for occasions like this one. Pulling the clip out of her hair, Lady A settle into her ivory and gold throne. After arranging her hair and clothes in the neatest and most dramatic way possible, since even the kindest Overlady must keep up her appearances. she finally spoke.

"Computer, request a holographic message with contact 233762."

* time jump *

Lady A returned a few minutes later to the lounge.

"Terribly sorry that I had to up and leave you like that. I hope you can forgive me," she said. "Yes, oh hooded one. But, to give a proper title, I should enquire as to your name...?"

Their discussion was cut off as a score of new arrivals arrived.

"Ah! Lt. Sweeet, I'm glad you're around to help orient the troops. Everyone, this is my old friend Sweeet. She would be happy (well, might be) to answer any of your questions. I am very glad to work with each of you. Once you all choose your name and title, I'll have some very sophisticated looking name badges made up."

Finally, she turned to Lu.

"Yes, my dear?"

Posted : January 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The Silv'ry Wanderer watched the hooded figure curiously. "Leader?" she murmured to her horse. "Where have you brought us, Sandy?" She couldn't help but observe that the hooded figure's voice sounded strangely familiar. When the hooded figure turned to make her way down the staircase, Silver called out, "Wait! Stay here, Sandy," she added, dismounting in a hurry and racing after the stranger. "Wait! Could you tell me where I am?"

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:13 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

The Lieutenant was daydreaming when she heard the Lady say her somewhat unorthodox nickname, and she snapped to attention. Then she slouched again when they mentioned other titles. "I'll answer questions. Whether my answers are right, I don't know."

"And I'm not going to tolerate another Lieutenant!" said Sweeet with a scowl.

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : January 27, 2011 1:54 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

The she-wolf found herself deep in thought... Just what did ze hermit mean by prophecy? And why was zere a feud anyway? She hath squandered over the records, but even they could not say who committed the first crime. She hath decided that there was but one thing to do. She must get to the bottom of this mystery...her very freedom dependeth upon it. But first she must find some milk...

"Button, you are a cat. Do you not know where ze milk 'tis? Button?" The wolf looked around, but ze cat had vanished out of sight. For a moment the treacherous thought crossed her mind that the creature may have done it on purpose. No, she thought, even a creature as sarcastic as zat would not have dared to do such a thing...would it?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 27, 2011 5:44 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

The Hoodie heard the Silv'ry Wanderer ask the question, but she didn't know how to answer. "Well, you're in the Castle of Ivory and Gold," she said simply, and somewhat abruptly. "Where have you come from?"

Then she turned to Lady A as they entered the cappuccino room once more. "Well, I suppose you had to inquire as to my name at some point. You may call me Mountie. But not around strangers."

Then she eyed Lt. Sweeet suspiciously, continuing to address Lady A. "I was hoping to help you command your troops, but perhaps that won't be needed."

av by dot

Posted : January 27, 2011 6:51 am
Katana
(@katana)
NarniaWeb Nut

(I has never roleplayed in ditto town before so if i mess something up, dont kill me :p )

Sitting on a rock in the forest Kat sips the last of her only remaining Monastery cappecino, thoughfully wondering where she will go from here. After turning in her Monkly robes to the warden she dressed again in her previous garb of very dark gray leggings and shirt with knee high hunters boots and a dark purple cape and set out into the Wood, seeking something new to occupie her time with.
Getting up from the rock she leaped into a tree with shocking flexibility and agility. Climbing up the the top of the tall oak she took a look at her surroundings, trying to judge which direction would be the best to take. Soon she spots a sparkle in the distance, being curious as she is and having nothing better to do, Kat leaps down from the tree and starts a smooth run of amazing speed toward the sparkly object in the distance.

Some time later she again climbs a tree, this time to gage how far away the sparkly object is. As she looks out she can see now that it is a tower, a magnificent tower with Ivory towers and golden flourishes. Encouraged, Kat leaps down yet again and resumes her running.

A few hours later Kat bursts into a clearing nd see's the tower, only this tower isnt just a tower, it was attatched to a glorious Castle completely of ivory and gold. Swooping ramparts and amazing bell towers and arches graced it. And before Kat was a magnificent gate. Kat, not wanting to be rude and just let herself in walked over to the gate and sat down in front of it, waiting for some one to acknkowledge her presence

Im not inactive just very very busy

-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle

Posted : January 27, 2011 6:53 am
Page 3 / 18
Share: