Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] War of the Overdoms: The Castle of Ivory and Gold

Page 2 / 18
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

A minion of the spoiled rotten room decided to join Lady A's team, wihtout being a monk of course. She made her way into the Library, when she saw a Hoodie. Before she could say anything, a voice welcomed them to the Library. She looked aorund, but saw no one. She turned to Hoodie. "What do we do now?"

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:44 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

The Hoodie couldn't believe the cat was talking to her.
"I seek refuge," she finally decided to say.

The Hoodie then turned to the minion beside her. "I have no idea. But we might as well get acquainted. Who are you?"

av by dot

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:51 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

She said, "Eusy."
Then, Eusy asked, "Were you perhaps a minion once?"

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:54 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

The Hoodie smiled for the first time since entering the castle. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Eusy. You may call me Mountie, or the Hoodie, if you like. And yes, in fact, I was a minion. How did you know?"

av by dot

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:56 am
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sitting underneath the counter was a young guy, about 15 or 16 years of age, eating caffeinated sugar. He was almost completely through his entire bag, when he heard a THUMP! overhead. He jumped up, and hit his head on the counter above him.

Looking up, he saw an elvenish Lady, who at first glance looked EVUL, but on second thought she looked very nice and gentle. He realized that she was the Queen. The Overlady. The awesomesauce Lady of awesomesauce.

"My queen!" said Frizzlo Frazzle (whom most called Frazzle, due to his constantly messy hair), jumping upward. "I'm... sorry about the delay. Would you like an espresso-on-the-house?

He quickly made the espresso, and drank it. "Oh, wait. That was for you, wasn't it? So sorry. I've been very scatterbrained since my uncle quit the job as baristo earlier. He decided that I would take over for him.."

Frazzle made another espresso, this time adding some whipped cream to the mix. "Thar you go, m'Overlady!"

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : January 26, 2011 11:56 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

*A very upset wolf walks into the castle...

"Alas there be no middle ground...no forests and hills... no mountains... only walls and fences... Call me a dachsund if you must, but I like freedom... 'Tis part of ze wolf's history, culture, and heart. Yet I must stay somewhere during these trying times, and because of past events I be more inclined to enter here zan ze tower. Especially since evil makes me cringe. However know that in terms of Narnia and Jurassic Park movies, I shalt remain as spoiled as I prefer, and that shall likely be a lot. I suppose I shalt make meself usefull and think of an epic-er name. After all I'm known for epic howls."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(bittersweet howl)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:00 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"Thank you, my dear Frazzle," Lady A said, smiling, "Would you mind whipping up one of the Cinnamon Mocha Freezes for this dear lady? I'm sure she would enjoy it."

Lady A turned to Rose.

"While he makes that, let's talk," she fluttered over to a table, put her espresso on it, then sunk down into a nearby couch. "Have a seat!"

~~

The cat stared down accusingly at the Hoodie and this Eusy person.

"Well, a refuge this isn't, except from noise and irritations. Or at least it should be. Why can't a cat get a decent nap around here?" Button yawned. "Luke, Leia, take them to the Queen. They can talk to her. I'm going back to sleep."

The two kittens meowed their assent, and then trotted off through the castle, presumably to find the Queen. After forcefully opening a few more doors, the two cats raced down a stairway and into the lounge.

"MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" They both screamed, rushing to jump onto Lady A's lap.

"Yes, yes, I see you both," she said, working quickly to settle them both on her lap, lest there be a catfight. After they were settled, she finally looked up. "Ah, more newcomers. Welcome, welcome! Have a seat--and some coffee!"

EDIT:

Button screeched and leaped up, running for the courtyard, where the mournful noise seemed to be coming from. She skid to a stop and hissed at the wolf.

"What are YOU doing here?"

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:04 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)

The Hoodie continued to stand, keeping her hood up. She was still a bit nervous... and quite confused. She turned to the Queen. "Perhaps I might. But first, where exactly am I? And what is this 'coffee' you speak of?"

av by dot

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:10 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

*tiptoes into the castle, a bit nervous but delighted*

Urm...is this place safe? Or you evul or not, Lady A?

*While awaiting an answer, the unknown British girl (or UBG) sniffs thoughtfully at the sugary-coffee smell in the air. She wonders whether this place is really so nice or not, and if she should run back to the other castle to visit Riella...*

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:16 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"You are in my home, the Castle of Ivory and Gold. We seek to protect all things of beauty or worth. And coffee is a delicious drink," Lady A reached over and picked up two cinnamon mocha freezes. She handed one to Rose, and held the other out to the Hoodie.

"Try it," she said softly.

EDIT:

Lady A whirled around, her skirts spinning in a delightful swish (Lady A just loved the sound of swishing).

"Well," she said, thinking, "I suppose that depends on who you ask. The only person who as really said I was EVUL is Bookwyrm, but he's also said that I equal Awesomeness. So, I think I'm not really. Its just a rumor he's trying to spread about me."

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:17 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

"Um Lady A", said a certain wolf, "I don't suppose you have any milk do you?
I dislike Coffee, but I can't keep meself away from ze milk.

Also here be a few names:

Castle of Magic and Mystery?
Castle of Cute Cats?
The Mysterious Castle of Impending Goodness?
The Last Castle Among the Angels?

Does it have to be a Castle, dear Queen?"

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:24 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

*UBG steps forward*

I must join you, Lady A, though I may need a name for myself...

*weeps over Riella, who has joined the other side*

*edit* A telegram addressed to Lady A. comes in, reading:

Dear Lady A.,
Riella has convinced me that the other side is a blast and we will be invincible. I must stay where my loyalties belong. We other-than-Sam lovers unite!

P.S. You might do well to join us.

P.P.S. Frodo rocks!!

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:24 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

The dryad perched on a stool, and tried to concentrate on the good Queen's words and the adorable kittens and the minions-to-be that were taking seats all around, but she was finding the preparation of her cinnamon freeze rather distracting. Ice cream. . . coffee. . . cinnamon. . . whipped cream. . . oh, it was too much! In delicious anticipation, the dryad found herself banging her delicate fist on the table in time with the pulsing whir of the high-powered blender, and elicited a number of startled looks by those surrounding her.

". . . I beg thy pardon," the dryad laughed nervously. "Sometimes I wouldst dance to the rhythm of the holy washing machines when it was mine turn to do the laundry back at the Monastery. . ."

More strange looks.

"Um."

At long last, and after an awkward silence, the dryad was handed the glorious delectable by the good Queen, and there were no words to describe its delights.

"Mmmm," she said, after she scooped out the last bit of deliciousness with her spoon. "All right, that settleth it. I'm in."

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:31 pm
malkah
(@malkah)
NarniaWeb Guru

The sun peeked into a small cave hidden in the mountains between the two Overdoms, illuminating a small, dusty chamber. A shadowy figure shuffled to the entrance and looked out at the daylight. For weeks, the Dark Tower had belched out shadow and smoke (that smelled dreadfully like a buffet) and the days had darkened. The Hermit of Spoiler Summit had withdrawn far into her cave and watched in fear.

But the sun had dawned bright this morn, and the Hermit was anxious to discover why. As she peered out of her cave, her eyes fell on one of the most glorious sights she had ever beheld. A magnificent castle had arisen out of nowhere, the pearl of its turrets and bright gold of its walls shimmering above the forest.

The Hermit gasped. "At last!" she cried in rapture. "The prophecies and the hopes finally cometh true! Oh, joy, that I hath lived to see this day!"

She disappeared into the dark of her cave and then emerged a moment later, setting off along the path through the mountains. Dark robes hid her face and the hump on her back, and she stuck to the shadows, for she would pass dangerously close to the domain of the Dark Overlord. She hobbled along the path with the gait of an old lady, finding the way with her walking stick.

At last, despite her slow pace (and a few tense moments where the Dark Tower shook and emitted evil laughter and the barking of mutant dogs), she was in the castle courtyard. The front door stood wide open, and she slipped inside. The smell of coffee filled the air, and the Hermit followed her nose down a winding hallway. No one seemed to be about, although she heard distant voices.

"...Hello?" She found herself at the door of a lounge, from which the delicious cappuccino smell was emanating. Several pairs of eyes looked up at her, and the Hermit nodded politely.

"Excuse me, fair folk, for disturbing thy steamed-milk delights; I seek the lady of this domain." She threw off her cloak, revealing a young, bespectacled face with a wild braid of blond hair. The "hump" on her back was a massive backpack, overflowing with books, scrolls, and a squeaking mouse. "I am the Hermit of Spoiler Summit, come to beg admittance. And perhaps a cappuccino?"

the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:41 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

" You gotta go downstairs if you're talking to the Queen," Button snapped. "I suppose I could show you the way."

With that, she turned and flounced away, going to find her mistress.

~~

"My dear lady, I'm sure we will find you a befitting title. It all must start with one's interests. What do you love?" Lady A glanced up quickly at the newest entree. "Oh course! Frazzle, some more coffee, please, especially a cappuccino for this dear lass. My dear, I am the Queen of the Castle of Ivory and Gold. Welcome. And, my dear Rose, I am glad you will stay with us. We shall have such times together!"

Posted : January 26, 2011 12:46 pm
Page 2 / 18
Share: