Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Role-play: Unilluminated

Page 27 / 28
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Past

"You . . . want us to pay you?" Thomas asked, wondering if the bounty hunter somehow knew who they were. He supposed they were rather recognizable.

-----

Present

Mihael was the one to fill out the paperwork for everyone, feeling like a secretary while he did so. Not a very nice feeling. But Raphael had touched his shoulder and asked him to do it and Mihael found he couldn't refuse.

He went up to the woman who smelled rather peculiar and handed her the paperwork. "There's one for every one of us," he told her flatly, having given only the very basic information.

Caerwyn shook his head. I want you to stay away from him. Promise me? He looked up at her face a little desperately, lacing his fingers through hers and holding her hand tightly.

Raphael glanced at Caerwyn and Curse and his smile widened slightly as he looked at the girl.

Tala, for that was the werewolf's name, huddled in her seat, drawing her knees up to her chest and hugging them tightly. The different smells from all the different Unnaturals were a little overwhelming as she was used to a dark, dank room all by herself. She pushed her finger against the side of her nose agitatedly, whimpering softly.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : August 7, 2010 7:09 am
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Past

"Why?" Basil asked, raising his chin, "You think it's customary to just hand a vampire over to anyone who asks? Besides...I'm sure the papers wouldn't mind hearing about how the royals are chasing vampires around anyway."

Kanti stiffened. She wasn't supposed to be doing anything but paperwork and she had a feeling Ms. Scope would find a way to put her away with just a charge of disobeying those orders.

"You're horrible," Bryony spat out and retreated to a seat near the door, ignoring her father since she couldn't run away from him.

--

Pepper raised an eyebrow at Mihael, "Well I can tell you already that one stipulation of the reservation is freedom for its denizens. That includes not keeping werewolves chained up as prisoners, unless of course she's just wearing that chain for show." The zombie glanced at the paperwork.

Terrance smirked at Pepper's blunt statement. "We can talk it over when we get to the reservation Pepper," he offered, not interested in an argument at the moment.

"Why?" Curse asked aloud, turning away from Raphael's smile to meet eyes with Caerwyn.

It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.

Posted : August 7, 2010 7:19 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Past

"How much do you want?" Thomas asked skeptically, glancing at Kanti and his sister. As heir to the thrown he knew that he had the authority to make such decisions, but on the other hand he was only fifteen and a kid.

"I like your hair," Alice whispered sympathetically to Bryony, despite the fact that she was still invisible and it was unwise to reveal her presence to a mere mortal. She couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl, however.

-----

Present

Mihael eyes flashed in annoyance briefly before his face grew impassive once more. "It is merely a precaution," he said in his normal, emotionless tone. "She has tried many times to assassinate our leader."

I don't trust him. Caerwyn narrowed his eyes at Raphael, who merely looked amused as he turned to look out the window.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

Posted : August 7, 2010 7:29 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

Present

As was his way, Marcus purposefully waited for everyone else to get on the bus before he did. There were plenty of skeptical eyes that met the Warlock as he boarded the reservation bus, which was to be expected.

Making his way down the aisle, Marcus took a seat behind Sofia and Tala. "Remember: be nice to our werewolf. You're being watched..." the Warlock whispered to the sorceress before leaning back in his seat and propping his feet up on the empty space between Sofia and Tala.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : August 7, 2010 11:34 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Present

Josh was pulled into a seat by Reagan as Raphael walked in the door "Well Josh, your brother has gotten himself captured again. Geuss this means I won't be rejoining the coven anytime soon" he said with a smile "We'll get Mark back, don't worry" as he said this his three other dragons landed on his shoulders

---

He grabbed Mark and held a gun to his head, then soldier yelled out to Brand "Dragon! Surrender or I'll kill him. Brand turned around from baking a man like an oven and looked at the soldier, growling.

"Yeah you heard me! I'll kill him" he said, clearly trying to look a lot less scared then he really was. Brand knew there was no way out of this situation and lowered his head, alowing a few other men to put shackles around his head, Brand was offically captured.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : August 7, 2010 2:50 pm
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Past

Bryony started at the sound of Alice's voice, wondering if she was truly going crazy. Maybe it ran in the family, after all, her aunt hadn't been the most sane woman...

"Fifteen thousand. Cash." Basil stated plainly.

"Your five thousand above the going rate," Kanti answered with narrowed eyes.

"And you know that this vampire is different from the ones you'd get for ten-"

"This is ridiculous. No vampire can be worth that much," Elisabeth muttered.

Present

Curse decided to trust Caerwyn on this...even if she didn't understand.

Pepper merely nodded, knowing Terrance wouldn't stand for captivity for any of the Unnaturals. They could learn that later though.

There weren't any more additions to the group and the bus finished the journey to the reservation without incident. The bus parked in the parking lot where its twin was already stationed and the Unnaturals disembarked, handed fliers as they did so.

Pepper took the flier and paused mid-step, feeling a wave of deja vu crash over her. "It's all here. The plans for our protection. Walls around the perimeter...another wall around the entry area. Houses where we can live without worrying about- them." Dark eyes flashed up as he glanced at her.

"You alright?" Udi asked, noting that the usually emotionless zombie seemed a little perplexed.

"I'm fine..." Pepper answered.

"I'll return in a moment. I have to go find the Senator. There should be a few media representatives here shortly," Maev offered to Mr. T. before she left the group. She went back to the outside and used the key she'd been given to open the door in the wall there. Once inside, she took the staircase that led up to the main office.

The place was furnished impressively and had light and fresh air from the balcony that overlooked the entry where the Unnaturals were gathered. Noticing that Latch was not there and that the red light for a message was blinking on the phone, Maev took a seat at the desk, hoping he had not forgotten about today.

Picking up the phone, she dialed in the code for the messages, listening as her eyes passed over the scattered documents on the dark desk. There was a clatter as the phone dropped from her hand. Her hands trembled as she pushed away a few unimportant papers covering a blueprint. A blueprint she had never seen before.

It's empty in the valley of your heart. The sun, it rises slowly as you walk. Away from all the fears. And all the faults you've left behind.

So long...for now.

Posted : August 7, 2010 3:13 pm
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Past

"And it's not like we have fifteen thousand in cash just lying around," Thomas said, frowning slightly.

Alice couldn't help but giggle slightly at Bryony's reaction, despite the fact that laughter wasn't entirely appropriate at the moment.

-----

"Well, this place looks very pleasant," Raphael said as he stepped off the bus and kept to the shadows, looking around. He smiled charmingly at Curse. "Seems like the perfect place to get better acquainted with our . . . new family members."

Caerwyn's hand tightened reflexively around Curse's as he glowered at Raphael.

Sofia held the chain restraining Tala lightly, looking around the place with mild interest.

Meanwhile, Tala crouched on the ground, whimpering in fear as she looked around at all the new faces and smells.

Mihael stood beside Raphael, looking as impassive and wary as ever.

Posted : August 8, 2010 10:16 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

Present

"Finally, a nice place to stay for awhile.... No offense, sir Raphael." Marcus said with an over-exaggerated bow to the vampire leader after he stepped off the bus.

Accepting one of the fliers handed to him, the Warlock began looking over the grounds. Nice layout.... looks like they have planned everything out pretty well. Plenty of spaces especially designed for vamps and the like.... Eh, still a bit wary of this whole thing. Marcus thought as he looked around at the surrounding fortification. Too similar to the prisons in Alcatar... he thought with a slight frown before going back to reading over the flier.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : August 8, 2010 3:18 pm
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Vivian had agreed from the first to follow Rapheal, and now was no different. From the hiding in the trees and allies, to boarding the buss, she was right there near him. When they finally did get to the Buss she took a seat across from Marcus. The blanket all the vampires had used, was still wrapped around her shoulders, and she looked coldly at each new face. She saw many others but none of them looked friendly. She stayed put until their ride was over and they all stepped out at the reservation. She was too handed a flier, but didn't bother looking at it. She instead studied the reactions of each of her coven members. They all had their own energy that they were giving off, but their werewolf sister, seemed the most upset. Sophia was discontented, as always, and Mihael and Marcus were neutral. It was Raphael she stared at for a long moment. He smiled at another woman that Vivian hadn't noticed until now. She had, beside her, a little boy and Vivian looked at him strangely. He's young.....but there is something in his eyes she thought before tossing her head and trying not to think about it.

She went back to probing the whole area. It was a strange place, filled with all sorts of Unnaturals like her and her family, but something about it made her uncomfortable.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : August 9, 2010 4:59 am
qwertykate88
(@qwertykate88)
NarniaWeb Nut

Richard passed from the wash room adjacent to the office, buttoning his cuff. He froze as his eyes fell on the back of Maev's head, where she sat at his desk, her trembling fingers plainly visible. He hadn't been expecting her this early, thus he hadn't cleared his desk. Or was it that he was late again? It didn't matter now; she had seen them.

He started to panic. All of his plans would be destroyed. Maev was a good secretary, the best of assistants, but even Richard knew she wasn't that loyal to him. He wasn't sure that Maev even liked him. She would blow the whistle on him and everything would come crawling out of the closet. Every last skeleton. He ran a hand through his hair, glancing around the room.

A raise? Promises? Richard felt his options slipping through his fingers. Maev wouldn't accept bribes, he knew from experience. He wouldn't be able to bargain with her; not over this.

In the span of a few seconds, his line of sight connected with a neglected paperweight setting on the shelf next to him. All he had to do was get her to be quiet. He just had to make a few simple phone calls and Maev would disappear, somewhere far away. He wouldn't have to worry.

He carefully picked up the paperweight, crossing the room.

Richard's panic quickly delved into dread. Maev turned at the last second. His weapon came swiftly down against the side of her head as his reflexes reacted in terror at being discovered.

Maev instantly crumpled onto the desk.

Blood started to flow... she was bleeding. And she wasn't moving, beyond a slight twitch.

Breathing coming in hitches, Richard stumbled backwards. He hadn't intended for this to happen. It wasn't supposed to go this far. Now what? What was he supposed to do? Hide her? Where was he supposed to hide her? No... he wouldn't need to hide her.

He moved forward, clearing the blueprints out from under Maev's lifeless body. Acting quickly, he smeared his sleeve over the weight, before dropping it onto the floor where it smashed into pieces. Richard then hurriedly stuffed the blueprints into a brief case, locking it shut.

No witnesses. Easy access to the office.

Anyone could have killed her, stolen his belongings.

Clearing his throat, Richard flung the door open, looking for all he worth like a haggard wretch. He stumbled down the stairs in a state of shock.

"Help! Murder!"

Posted : August 9, 2010 10:29 am
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

((Quick note: Don't have your characters go upstairs, thanks!))

Maev didn't have time to think anything in the second she glanced back and saw Richard standing there with the paperweight. She wasn't even sure it was a paperweight until it hit her head, sending her over into darkness through a valley of pain. If she had been alive, she might have seen him leave in her last moments. She might have felt her lungs take in their last ragged breath unconsciously and then still. She might have seen the shadow at the veranda that had been there, waiting all along.

Terrance had been staring up at the veranda, sure he had seen something...someone. Distracted by Latch's yell, Terrance turned at the sound of him barreling down to the crowd and then with a second glance at the veranda burst into the smaller form of his bird self. Determined, the bird flew up over the edge of the balcony and collapsed into a crouching kitten form, landing in the darkened office of Latch.

"Did you ever think...to come find me?" he asked, padding forward, doubting his eyes.

Ziya looked over at Terrance briefly, a smile flitting across her red lips as she met his eyes for a second. She looked back down at the pathetic, bent figure of Maev and pushed her curly hair gently. Bending down, she closed her eyes...

"Don't Ziya-"

Quietly, her kiss met Maev's forehead. Nothing else happened as she stood straight. For a moment it was silent. Terrance leaped onto the desk, watching the bloody mark on the girl's head disappear into her scalp line and heal. He looked up at Ziya, kitten eyes shining.

"You killed her? Just to bring her back?"

"I didn't kill her. Senator Latch did."

"Senator? He's a senator's son not-" Terrance stopped as Maev's fingers twitched. "You mean?"

"Senator Latch was known for his seclusion. People rarely saw his face. The man that the coven ordered assassinated was actually his stand-in. The man who's been such a foe of Unnaturals is not dead and he does not have a son," Ziya smiled softly, "And you used to be such a clever fellow."

Frowning, Terrance paced a minute. Watching as Maev started up, blinking, and stared at the two of them. "I was here- the blueprints! I canna wait another minute. Latch has us all fooled. He's using the reservation as a concentration camp..." She paused. "But I was..." Her eyes passed over the bloodstain on the desk.

"It's alright, shhhh-shhh. I'm going to get you out of here," Ziya offered as Maev's eyes began to fill up with tears. "I'd advise getting your group out now Terrance. I don't have time to explain. Escape and I'll find you again."

Nodding mutely, the shapeshifter wondered how he could have been so stupid. One minute he was leading his Unnaturals to a bright, new tomorrow and now? At least there was still time. Bounding to the balcony, Terrance prepared to yell out the warning to the group below.

Soldiers locked the door to the outside, catching Pepper's eye. She was going to question them when Terrance appeared at the balcony.

((Leaving other characters to take care of these for now))

So long...for now.

Posted : August 9, 2010 10:46 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Present

Josh heard Senator Latch scream and instantly looked up from the ground where he was studying the design of the carpet. Reagan beat him to the stairs where Richard was standing.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : August 9, 2010 11:27 am
qwertykate88
(@qwertykate88)
NarniaWeb Nut

Richard's eyes darted back and forth before he turned around and stumbled back into his office... where Maev was no more. He gaped, his mouth opening and closing. Her blood was still there, but her body had disappeared.

He saw Terrance standing there. "You," he hissed at the man. "You and your pathetic lot have caused me no end of trouble." He advanced, a deranged smirk slowly appearing on his face. "You never agreed with my plan, did you? All of my offered help. I only wanted to make the world a better place, but you disagreed with my choice of gratitude. Killed my secretary, stole my plans. Hid the body," Richard shrugged, starting not to care anymore. He was this deep already. How much could a bit more hurt?

"Where did you put her anyway? Good trick."

Posted : August 9, 2010 12:27 pm
Marshwiggle
(@marshwiggle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Two lines of soldiers, clad from head to toe in their black armor appeared at the stairs, motioning for all the Unnaturals to stay back.

Pepper's eyes narrowed and she glanced back at the balcony. Terrance had disappeared for the moment.

Terrance stepped away from the edge of the porch. He had just transformed into his human shape and nabbed some clothes from Richard's office closet before the man himself had appeared. "I didn't put her anywhere...and we both know I didn't kill her." He turned quickly and approached the balcony again, finding Pepper in the crowd.

"Pepper, get them out of here!" he yelled to the zombie.

Without question, Pepper hurried to the large doors, only to find they had been securely locked, even against her incredible strength.

So long...for now.

Posted : August 9, 2010 12:34 pm
qwertykate88
(@qwertykate88)
NarniaWeb Nut

Richard laughed, dangling a small remote from his fingers. He had pushed the single button on the panel while Terrance had his back turned to warn Pepper. "Shield," he explained. "It bars the so-called powers of you creatures." He pocketed the device.

"I wouldn't bother trying to help your friends escape. It would only cause them more harm them necessary."

Posted : August 9, 2010 12:43 pm
Page 27 / 28
Share: