Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cavern Tavern II

Page 8 / 13
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

This was something my sister drew for me. She actually drew this for the 2018 Holiday Party, but I didn't get it posted in time. And, because I'm overambitious, I have a brief bio written up for the two of them. :P

EDIT: I have to admit, moody Cody is kind of fun to write. ;))

EDIT #2: stargazer, as a reassurance for the Baxter children: Cody does indeed exaggerate his stories about his older sister. ;) Plus Melissa would never dream of treating kids she babysits the same way she does her own siblings.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2019 8:50 am
Delia Death
(@ms-death)
Ghost Wrangler Ditto Town Host

Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

Hmm, well, it seems your characters have gotten themselves into a bit of a pickle. A quick description, should you feel the need to describe where they are:

There are only a few buildings along the road. There is, of course, the Tavern, and then there is a smithy, jail, general store, stables, train station, boarding house, and laundry. There appear to be some other buildings under construction, but they are not built up enough to tell what they are. There is no electricity.

Most personal possessions will have traveled with your character, with the exception of the following items:

Electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, etc)
    Futuristic weapons (ray guns, atom splicers, etc)
    Currency
    "Cheats" (vortex manipulators, non-human powers, etc)[/listsg9gqsea]

If your character needs money, they will find the appropriate cash in their pockets. If they have a possession other than those listed above, the item is allowed, but it may have morphed slightly to be appropriate to the setting.

If it is necessary, you will be given a description of the greater area upon first light of the following day.

Please note that, at this time, no new characters (other than those already given express permission) should be introduced to the story.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 5, 2019 7:42 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Mel, a quick description of the Baxters:

Daniel Baxter
Height/weight: 5’10”, slender
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown; worn quite short

Angela Baxter
Height/weight: 5’5”, trim (it’s impolite to ask a lady her weight! ;) )
Eyes: Green
Hair: Light auburn, shoulder-length, slightly curly

Rya: No worries about Melissa.

Ms. Death: Quite a pickle, indeed. (I wasn't familiar with the term 'polonaise' as it applied to clothing. Interesting!)

EDIT: Mel, I liked the reference to a certain Charlie Daniels song. ;))

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2019 1:52 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

It just seemed rather unlike Faye to up and leave without getting a head count and I don't think Cody would run off right about now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2019 4:06 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

For the visually minded, a picture of what the town might be like: Eureka, CO - just give it some wooden sidewalks, and maybe a porch or two

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2019 3:38 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2019 6:49 am
Delia Death
(@ms-death)
Ghost Wrangler Ditto Town Host

Well, it seems you lot are all getting on rather well. Don't forget, if your characters need a bit of coin, they have all they need in their pockets. But on to more important matters.

Any side conversations that your characters wish to have in the upstairs rooms are welcome, but do collect for dinner once you are settled. Your characters will have a bit of time without the NPCs (unless they are sought out) after dinner as well. You are free to take advantage of that time, but keep in mind that there will only be a few days in writer time to accomplish these conversations. If it is clear that a conversation is ongoing, of course, more time will be allowed, but if quietness reigns, the NPCs will move the story forward to the next mornings.

If you have any questions about plot, feel free to PM any of the section moderators (Ryadian, stargazer, or Lady Arwen) as well as myself.

Happy writing!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2019 6:28 pm
Blackstar
(@blackstar)
NarniaWeb Regular

I am at a point in my part of the story where I would like to work with someone to help my characters or theirs. I want my characters to interact with more people and get to know more about the town. I've loved every minute of writing this story with everyone and I hope to do more in the future with everyone in Ditto Town.

If you are interested just message me and we can talk about it. Bye!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2019 7:17 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2019 9:18 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I'm so glad the other authors can determine Bernadette's intentions. If they couldn't, it would mean I messed up her cues. ;))

Anthony, of course, is currently in the "guy's dorm", so he can't benefit from any revelations via Bernadette's townperson perspective. He left his violin back at the tavern, so he might be taking a midnight stroll to retrieve it...

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2019 4:08 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Molly is tired of being in bed! (How many weeks has it been?) Hope it's okay to head towards the morning. If there's some other event that should come first, I can pull my post and put it back up later. Not sure what else to do with her, though. A bit strapped for ideas

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

You are completely welcome to time jump forward, and Molly is welcome to wander about as she pleases until everyone is ready to head down to see the sheriff. I think it would be safe to assume the townsfolk are all early risers, so whoever you may want to talk to should be as easy to find as you please. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2019 9:13 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2019 3:42 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Faye's only real concern would be getting there without being spotted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2019 9:36 am
Page 8 / 13
Share: