Notifications
Clear all

Cavern Tavern II

Page 7 / 13
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Holiday Mansion

Sorry, Cleander, that Harry Herbert got kind of lost in the shuffle! :-s I was hoping to follow up the Great Squirrel Chase with some conversations, but I don't know how much writing I'll be able to get in during our last day of the thread being open. To clarify, where is he right now? Is he out in the main hall with the other guests? I've avoided mentioning him just in case he's trying to stay out of sight.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2019 6:15 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Holiday Mansion

For all the talk about Cody being their to cause trouble, he sure is on his best behavior. ;))

I was originally thinking the kids would find Harry (or probably Mel, with the nose) but it seems they went down one set while Harry went up the other. *echoes clarifying questions*

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2019 8:09 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Holiday Mansion 2018

My intent with Cody was for him to cause trouble usually by putting his foot in his mouth, not so much out of mischief. Besides, it's hard to justify him getting into too much trouble when his boss was in earshot for most of the night. :P

I left my laptop at home (I'm writing this on my phone), so if I don't get a chance to follow up, feel free to assume Cody caves and follows the girls out by Kaelin's suggested route. Similarly, Faye's going to engage in polite conversation. Otherwise, I'll try to get something up when I get home, but don't feel like you have to wait for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2019 8:53 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Holiday Mansion

Kaelin's next intended action is to start meandering that way and to play a little fetch the ornament on the way, if any of you feel inclined to post and push the story along.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2019 12:04 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Apartment 51,

First of all, love the new digs. Secondly, I love the premise. I've got a bit of a story thought up already. It'll involve some old friends of mine, somewhat of an origin story if I'm being honest. At first, I thought I'd be shoehorned by the prompt into writing more of a fantasy story, which isn't my typical SOP. But I've thought it through some and I realized I could twist it into a Sci-Fi/Horror while utilizing some of my favorite characters. Can't wait to read all of ya'lls stories. Happy writing!

If you ain't first, you're last.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2019 12:36 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Apartment 51

Agh, I'm afraid real life got in my way and I never got around to writing a response to stargazer or Blackstar's stories, so let me just say I really enjoyed both! :) stargazer, no apologies necessary - I don't think our stories were too similar at all, I think we came at it at different angles and I definitely liked the more sci-fi flavor of yours. Blackstar, I'll admit that by the end of yours, I kind of wished that it was longer because I was still curious about the symbol and what had woken your protagonist. You did a good job of connecting me to both him/her and to Fury even in the short time you had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 4, 2019 5:54 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2019 9:14 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2019 12:25 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Mansion: Winning Your Spurs

I'm ok with A Certain Squirrel remaining a guest star, just as long as he doesn't get cut from the credits permanently. :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2019 12:36 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Ditto the previous remarks. It might be nice if That Squirrel made a cameo appearance, but go with what works best for you.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2019 6:20 pm
Bob Saget
(@bob-saget)
Member Ditto Town Host

Cozy Slippers, Mansioners! I just wanted to make a couple of quick notes now that the lecture has started:

1) Latecomers are still welcome! You can either retroactively write your entrance before the lecture began, or you can come in late in-character if you so choose. Just bear in mind that other people may be listening before striking up any new conversations from before or during the lecture.
2) You're free to write assuming that Dr. Milner is still lecturing, or if you prefer, you can move ahead to after he's done and post your characters' reactions.
3) The lecture is only part of the event tonight - the party will keep going after he's done! There are refreshments and, as always, mingling is half the fun at these parties.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a long-awaited vacation while Dr. Milner borrows my account.

Good mortereve! Come on in, the water's great!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 5:11 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Does anybody have quick rundown of what their characters look like? I may get around to doing a sketch of the group and if I don't have a fuzzy mental picture your character will be... um... moderately creative. :)

current headcount:
Anthony Lively (Meltintalle)
Faye (Ryadian)
Cody (Ryadian)
Molly Brown (aileth)
Ottelia Nordin (Pattertwig's Pal)
Angie Baxter (stargazer)
Dan Baxter (stargazer)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 26, 2019 3:29 pm
Delia Death
(@ms-death)
Ghost Wrangler Ditto Town Host

Aw, what, I didn't make the cut? :P

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 26, 2019 9:13 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Does anybody have quick rundown of what their characters look like? I may get around to doing a sketch of the group and if I don't have a fuzzy mental picture your character will be... um... moderately creative. :)

current headcount:
Anthony Lively (Meltintalle)
Faye (Ryadian)
Cody (Ryadian)
Molly Brown (aileth)
Ottelia Nordin (Pattertwig's Pal)
Angie Baxter (stargazer)
Dan Baxter (stargazer)

Aside from the fact that she was nicknamed "Fire alarm" because of her bright red hair, I haven't a clue what Molly looks like. Won't know if she's right until I see her :D

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 26, 2019 11:47 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Delia, you are a category all your own and would deserve a portrait instead of a snapshot. :p

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2019 3:24 am
Page 7 / 13
Share: