Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] which dress is the easiest?

narniahannah
(@narniahannah)
NarniaWeb Regular

hi!
I'm new to the sewing universe, and I really wanted to go to VDT in costume, but I was wondering what you guys thought was the easiest of Susan's or Lucy's dresses (from either LWW or PC) to sew for a begining sewing person. My only experience sewing is 2 baby blankets and 2 baby bibs.
thanks!
~hannah!

*sadly rather inactive member* *bad member*
Epic avvie by Ithilwen

Topic starter Posted : May 17, 2010 9:02 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I would have to say the easiest of Susan's would have to be the green one in the first. I have one almost like it and the blue top with the leather vest and purple flowing long skirt in PC. I found something like it at a theatre company and one of my friends made it just like Susan's. For Lucy, her blue one in LWW. It looks very easy to make. Just find the right fabric and you got it.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 21, 2010 8:13 pm
narniahannah
(@narniahannah)
NarniaWeb Regular

thank you so much, DamselJillPole! I thought that one looked the easiest, but I wanted some advice from more experienced sewing people. :)

*sadly rather inactive member* *bad member*
Epic avvie by Ithilwen

Topic starter Posted : May 22, 2010 7:42 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I'm not all that great with sewing. I usually go to my best friend whom is brilliant at it and started when she was like a baby. haha =))

Good luck making your dress! ;) and post pictures too :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 24, 2010 5:15 pm
Lilliandil
(@lilliandil)
NarniaWeb Regular

I do a lot of sewing dresses and it's not as easy as you think. I'd begin with a simple summer dress if you are new to sewing dresses - perhaps inspired by a Narnian dress? - before moving onto a more grander and intricate design.

'For when they tried to look at Aslan's face they just caught a glimpse of the golden mane and the great, royal, solemn, over-whelming eyes; and then they found they couldn't look at him and went all trembly.'

Posted : June 12, 2010 7:25 pm
Share: