Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Page 4 / 4
susanpevensierox
(@susanpevensierox)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I can't wait to see this costume. However, I am afraid they made it too much along the lines of the White Witch's costume. Isn't her outfit in the book supposed to be more blue?

Posted : November 10, 2010 11:52 am
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

That's interesting...I didn't see anything similar to the WW's dress...do you mean that it is white instead of blue? Or the actual design? Now that I think of it, there may be a few similarities....
All C.S. Lewis says in the book is that the dress was sleeveless and blue. I think it's ok to mix in a bit of white there, like maybe a white sheer, silk underdress with a blue one on top, but from some of the screencaps I've seen, I think the dress will be completely white with just a blue glow coming from Ramandu's Daughter herself. I think they should have made it more blue--not bright sky blue, but a soft, pale blue--something like Arwen's dream dress in the LOR "The Two Towers". Of course, i'm just speculating--I'll be able to judge better when I see the movie! :) :) :)

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : November 11, 2010 4:19 am
Myrene
(@myrene)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I know Eustace post the website with this image before, but i wanted to post only the image anyway :)

Posted : November 11, 2010 5:57 am
RoseRed
(@rosered)
NarniaWeb Regular

Narnian_archer- I see what you mean now. that dress's from ever after isn't it? it's beautiful ^_^
I agree they probably could've done more to make it blue...but I don't really mind. and it's only fans like us who'll mind...and we're a pretty small community ;) at least the dress is pretty (imo) and looks appropriate. I disagree that it's similar to the white witch's :-s her's was very structured, wereas this seems drapey and soft :)

Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.

Posted : November 16, 2010 7:48 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: