Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Crowns

Page 1 / 3
narnialover4
(@narnialover4)
NarniaWeb Nut

Which crown(s) is/are your favorites? I personally like silver better so I like Edmund's and Lucy's better than the others. Does anyone think that Caspian's crown in PC looked really fake? What are your opinions?

"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"

Topic starter Posted : June 5, 2010 2:04 pm
Daughter_of_Ramandu
(@daughter_of_ramandu)
NarniaWeb Nut

To be honest I loved the LWW BBC crowns better then the crowns in the newer versions. But if I have to answer for the Disney/Walden ones I'll have to say Peter's crown. :)

Girls don't wear crowns, they wear tiaras. ;)

Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!

Posted : June 5, 2010 4:54 pm
beloved
(@beloved)
NarniaWeb Nut

Lucy's, it's my favorite. Not only is it silver but it has pretty white flowers. It's small, elegant, and simple. I don't like any of the others at all.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-" -Emeth

Posted : June 5, 2010 5:00 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Good question! :D Personally, I've always loved Lucy's the best. It's so simple yet elegant (as beloved said), and I would love to wear it. ;;) My second choice would be Susan's crown. Susan's makes me think of autumn, where as Lucy's makes me think of spring.

As for the kings, like you narnialover4 I've always liked silver better. So, I'd probably say I like Edmund's the best out of the two. But Peter's is very impressive and "High-Kingly." I think that they did an awesome job with all the crowns... they're all so perfect.

Daughter_of_Ramandu, I've never seen the BBC version crowns! Are there pictures anywhere I could look at?

av by dot

Posted : June 5, 2010 5:08 pm
DaughterofEve1792
(@daughterofeve1792)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oooohhh! I loved Susan's crown in LWW! ^_^ Lucy's comes close in second. I like Edmund's because of the color and the thin band. Peter's has a thicker band and is very kingish. I personally like the smaller ones that don't make quite so big a statement.

Posted : June 9, 2010 10:16 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I loved the crowns is LWW! they were awesome!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : June 10, 2010 9:29 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I loved lucy's and Edmund's crowns. I loved the colors of them. I would have liked Caspian's if it weren't for the fact that it was huge and Caspian looked like he was about to tip over. I was wondering why the following day he wasn't wearing it and I think I know why. Another was being made for him =))

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:12 am
Lilliandil
(@lilliandil)
NarniaWeb Regular

I loved Susan and Lucy's, they were so elegant. Speaking of crowns, don't you think Jill and Eustace deserve a coronation? They are refered to as Queen Jill and King Eustace in the books but they never get crowned. I think their crowns would be bronze :)

'For when they tried to look at Aslan's face they just caught a glimpse of the golden mane and the great, royal, solemn, over-whelming eyes; and then they found they couldn't look at him and went all trembly.'

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:49 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I thought Jill was consider Lady Jill. But yes I do agree with you there Lilliandil!

I think in SC Jill and Eustace does deserve a coronation alongside Rilian and that Puddleglum gets knighted like Peter did when he got the name Sir Peter Wolfsbane.

It would explain Jill and Eustace's coronation clothes in LB towards the end.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 11, 2010 9:59 am
narnia_lover127
(@narnia_lover127)
NarniaWeb Nut

I love Lucy's crown! I am much more of a silver fan than a gold one so i really like that her's is in silver.

or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!

Posted : July 17, 2010 7:03 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I think in SC Jill and Eustace does deserve a coronation alongside Rilian and that Puddleglum gets knighted like Peter did when he got the name Sir Peter Wolfsbane.

It would explain Jill and Eustace's coronation clothes in LB towards the end.

When Jill and Eustace are seen among the line of Kings & Queens

Spoiler
they are already through the Stable Door, and part of Aslan's Country. They were never King & Queen in Narnia. Where did their crowns and royal garments come from? we don't know.
I would like to see Puddleglum knighted, but I rather think he would decline the honour and say he was just an ordinary chap.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : July 17, 2010 4:16 pm
Katana
(@katana)
NarniaWeb Nut

I love the replica of Lucy's crown in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe movie, it is silver and looks like a wreath of leaves, i adore it!

Im not inactive just very very busy

-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle

Posted : October 22, 2010 10:30 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lucy's tiara and Edmund's crown are the best. But the four pevensies's crowns fit the person they go to. It's like their character in the crowns. Caspian's crown does not though. It looks like they took Peter's crown changed it a bit added some jewels and then poof it was Caspian's.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : October 22, 2010 11:44 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Speaking of crowns, don't you think Jill and Eustace deserve a coronation? They are refered to as Queen Jill and King Eustace in the books but they never get crowned. I think their crowns would be bronze :)

If it comes to that Diggory and Polly are in the line of Kings and Queens I think that this would be pretty much the same with Jill and Eustace.

I adore Lucy's Tiara ( thanks for the correction!) It's so like her somehow.

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

Posted : January 5, 2011 9:29 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I loved Lucy's crown in LWW, and I didnt like Caspians in PC it looked very fake to me! :p

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : January 5, 2011 1:24 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: