Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Lucy's Coronation Dress and Cape ~ doll size 🙂

Queen Emmie
(@queen-emmie)
NarniaWeb Regular

I recently made a custom order on my Etsy shop for an 18-inch doll-size version of Lucy's Coronation Dress and Cape. It was a delightful project as I had been wanting to make doll-size re-creations of Lucy's costumes for quite a while.
I used The Wardrobe Door site for help in knowing the basic construction of the dress. Of course, with it being doll size, it's not exact-- the colors of the fabrics are slightly different and I wasn't able to figure out how to get the look of the beads throughout the fabric of the dress-- but overall I was happy with how it turned out! :)
Here are some pictures.

I'm looking forward to making more in the future! :D

"Lucy, have you seen this ship before?"
"Yes! It's very Narnian-looking, isn't it?"

Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2010 5:01 pm
DaughterofEve1792
(@daughterofeve1792)
NarniaWeb Nut

Ohmigoodness!! This is awesome!!! :-o Wow!! You did an amazing job!
I love making doll dresses Narnia style! :D Did you use a pattern, and if so, which one? Are you planning on making any more Narnian dresses? :) Thanks for the inspiration to start mine back up! :p

Posted : December 8, 2010 5:53 pm
Queen Emmie
(@queen-emmie)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you! :)
I drafted the greater part of the pattern. For the sleeves, I used pattern pieces from Josefina's Christmas Gown pattern (an out-of-print doll dress pattern from American Girl), but I made the lower part of the sleeves more bell-shaped. The rest I drafted myself. It was tricky and fun. :) I did trace the pieces out roughly so I can make more in the same style. :D
I would like to do a whole series of Lucy's wardrobe in doll size to sell on Etsy; maybe that will be my winter project. :)

"Lucy, have you seen this ship before?"
"Yes! It's very Narnian-looking, isn't it?"

Topic starter Posted : December 9, 2010 6:46 am
Lady Lilliandil
(@lady-lilliandil)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow!!! that's...... AMAZING! I love it, you are so talented! ;)

Avie by:MissAdventure
siggy by:LucyP0104

Caspian + Lilliandil
"Love NEVER fails"

Posted : December 21, 2010 11:26 am
StarAsterisk
(@starasterisk)
NarniaWeb Nut

oh very cute! lovely silk! you did such a great job. the doll even looks similar to lucy!

signature by Beginte

Posted : December 31, 2010 12:39 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

oh wow! very cool! I love it! so pretty! :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : January 21, 2011 11:19 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Oooh! That's lovely! :) You did a great job replicating Lucy's Coronation Dress. The pretty light blue color of the fabric you chose for the dress itself works great and I love the fabric you used for the cape. The red with the white swirled patterns over it works great! I especially like the details on the pattern of the cape, as well as the fringe around the cape and dress. I also think the doll you chose to wear this outfit looks a bit like Lucy, (with the curls and soft featured face), so it looks even more beautiful when displayed. :)

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : March 3, 2011 1:54 pm
Share: