Notifications
Clear all

Jill Pole

Page 4 / 8
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

After hours of arguing with my pencil (you really do want to but some ideas down on paper) I decided to argue with my needle and thread instead the result isn't perfect but it's better than anything I had on paper. This is supposed to be Jills on a mission dress.

Reading back every body seems to want Jill in Blue, I'd love her in this for the end but I always though as a Dryad was looking after her for some reason I've always pictured her in greens and browns until Harfang. Feel free to disagree with me but that's how the dress I've made is. Just to say It's doll size. I made it from an old pair of callots so the material isn't perfect but I like the colour and I love the buttons here it is.

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2011 7:49 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

If you have a photobucket or webshots account you could put it on there and post the link on here

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2011 10:14 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here's a close up of the buttons. What does anybody think about maybe adding adding some embroidery? Leaves, flowers, that kind of thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2011 3:31 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I think those are lovely buttons. :) Flowers and or leaves would be a very dryad-like addition. What colors were you thinking of using for the embroidery? Shades of green?

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2011 3:46 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks Meltintalle, I was thinking shades of green and brown. I'd love to make some more and I have some ideas for a Nightdress for Harfang and that sort of thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2011 4:04 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ooh, I forgot about her sleeping and Harfang and thus needing a nightdress! Sounds very pretty!

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 22, 2011 10:12 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think most of Jill's clothes should be simplistic. I mean, the Narnians wouldn't give Jill a dress fit for a queen, just something they had that they thought would fit her. The Harfang dress would be bulky and awkward (being made by a giant for a human), but pretty elaborate.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2011 6:06 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

^Good points. Harfang seems like it will be pretty on Jill but almost too fussy and a relief to get out of- especially after one has come up from the dirty underground and has the chance to change into a clean, fresh Narnia dress. :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2011 8:48 am
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

Dove Wings on Polyvore made a set for Jill's uniform. So I thought I'd post it!
http://www.polyvore.com/jill_poles_uniform_experiment_house/set?id=27764345

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2011 11:53 am
Lucy_the_Oracle
(@lucy_the_oracle)
NarniaWeb Regular

I just finished reading the thread, and I really like most of the ideas and drawings! I'd really like to see Jill have some more Narnian dresses, but I also don't want her to be too much like Lucy or Susan. More of a new Narnia style, if you know what I mean...

And then, as far as the uniform goes, I'm DoveWings on Polyvore, so that's taken care of. :p

As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2011 12:20 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I don't see shorts as being acceptable for school girls back in the early 40's. I could be wrong though.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2011 12:54 pm
Lucy_the_Oracle
(@lucy_the_oracle)
NarniaWeb Regular

I don't see shorts as being acceptable for school girls back in the early 40's. I could be wrong though.

Well, it was a co-ed school, which might have made them more likely to wear shorts. Also, I thought it said somewhere that she wore shorts. But I could be wrong.... hang on, I'll check and see.... Yeah, it does. Chapter four, paragraph 6:

She changed back into sweater and shorts-- there was guide's knife on the belt of the shorts that might come in handy

But they're just as likely to change that for the movie as to keep it. :p

As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2011 1:14 pm
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

OK!
I have been thinking about Jill's costumes ALOT
I personally think that:
School Uniform:
- White, rounded collar blouse
- Grey Jumper/ Cardigan with buttons up to collar (Would be open in Narnia, buttoned in England)
- Grey skirt to just above the knee
- white socks and brown/ black short boots

The only color of Narnian dresses that havent been done are Red and Yellow.... Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2011 3:43 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Girls in the summer certainly wore shorts in the 1950s. Photos of my mum as a young lady showed shorts worn for summer leisure.
I think the shorts would be almost down to the knee, perhaps more of a cullotte, but I like the idea of their being rather baggy army-style ones! (awful old pictures from The Famous Five, or my dad's old shorts he wore when I was a kid!)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2011 5:13 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

My mistake. Yes, you're correct. Jill is described as wearing shorts. Doesn't SC take place in the early to mid-1940's?

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2011 5:39 pm
Page 4 / 8
Share: