Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rilian

Page 1 / 3
The Just King
(@the-just-king)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, I picture him in black and silver. So far, I've only come up with a concept for his shield. Would anyone like to help? What do you think he should look like? :)

Note: The snake and shield outline are not mine. I found them online, and edited them. ;)

Gentle, Magnificent, Valiant and Just. To these I pledge my allegiance.

Will Poulter IS Eustace :)

Member of the Edmund Club. PM me to join!

Topic starter Posted : January 6, 2011 5:44 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'd say all black to begin with, he's supposed to be completely mysterious and not necessarily human. I love the idea of a snake on the shield although it is different from the book, it would make Aslan appearing on the shield even more incredible and sybolic, an I've left the which and taken on Aslan idea. Once we know who he is I'd say silver's a great idea. His clothes (when imprisoned) would look really good if they weren't Narnian/ Telmerine looking at all we want as few clues as to who he is as possible. When he returns to Narnia his clothes should be brightly coloured and as Narnian as Possible. I might do some drawings. Anybody else?

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

Posted : January 7, 2011 12:21 am
PollyP
(@pollyp)
NarniaWeb Regular

He should be merry but also slightly vage as if hes nnot really there ( i mean in the underworld.) What do you think ? I've allways pictured him with brown hair looking very like King Caspian. Please Comment I'd like to Know what others think. By the way im from the UK . Sorry that was just random.

Do not dare not to dare.-Aslan

Posted : January 7, 2011 4:11 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Polly that UK comment was random, but I agree with you about his attitude. There is really great drawing idea for Rilian is Characters, have a look.

Posted : January 7, 2011 5:21 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think I was wrong about that picture, there is one but I'm not sure where

Posted : January 7, 2011 5:27 am
The Just King
(@the-just-king)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think you're right. All black, then some silver. I'm glad you like the idea of a snake. I knew it differed from the book, but I think Mr. Lewis would like the imagery. (As you said the transformation would be even more impressive.)

I think Rilian's attitude should be that of the apparently kind, but terribly insincere, and slightly mad host. The sort of fellow who seems almost normal, but then there's just something about him to put you on your guard.

I think his hair should be black. We don't want him to bear too much of a resemblance to Caspian, but then again, we won't see his face 'til after we know who he is, so perhaps......

Topic starter Posted : January 7, 2011 8:55 am
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think his hair should be black. We don't want him to bear too much of a resemblance to Caspian, but then again, we won't see his face 'til after[i/] we know who he is, so perhaps......

In the book they see Rillian's face except for when he is in armor, maybe you're thinking of the BBC version where Rillian has a mask.

made by katherine

Posted : January 7, 2011 12:48 pm
The Just King
(@the-just-king)
NarniaWeb Nut

You're right, I am. Well that does present some problems, doesn't it?

Topic starter Posted : January 7, 2011 4:44 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I know this is a slightly strange idea but perhaps his face could change somehow once he remembers Narnia, as if it's not just his mind but his body remembering too, this way his not having a mask wouldn't present so many problems. I know it would be a challenge for whoever did the make up but hey they created all sorts of creatures it would give them some thing to think about!

Posted : January 8, 2011 11:49 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think it would be cool if in Rillian's scabard he would have Caspian's original sword

made by katherine

Posted : January 9, 2011 2:31 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

He should not look like he does on the old book cover! He looks like he stole Luke's Jedi garb! ;)) Please, producers, be original and interesting! Bring some Telmarine influence to his before-the-witch clothes and some of her influence on his bewitched clothes. :)

Lu

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 9, 2011 11:30 am
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

Lu, do you mean any of these?

made by katherine

Posted : January 9, 2011 12:01 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh yes, the bottom one is what I have but I pictured Rilian as the top black one- please no, that's Luke's look! ;))

Hmm...maybe I will have to try to figure out what boys in Narnia wear too... ;)

Lu :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : January 9, 2011 2:04 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

I have the first and last ones

made by katherine

Posted : January 10, 2011 11:12 am
The Just King
(@the-just-king)
NarniaWeb Nut

I have an objection to my own idea. Or rather, my Mother's objection. If there's a snake on the shield, won't it identify the LGK as the Serpent? *scratches head

Topic starter Posted : January 10, 2011 1:01 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: