Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Jill Pole

Page 8 / 8
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

CharlotteRose: ARE YOU KIDDING ME... bullied for not wearing the right style of tie... that is the stupidest reason to traumatize and scar a person for life by bullying them EVER!

Lucy V, I admire the amount of work you are putting into discussing this, but would you be able to just post your 5-10 favorites up so I don't have to look at so many links?

I'll look at as many as I can (for future reference could you also number them for easy reference :) )

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2011 12:44 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sorry about not replying!
I finally watched VotDT on the weekend, and I loved the costumes in that!
Eustace's reminds me of Flynn Rider's in Tangled, and I think that should be repeated in SC.
Jill's should be different than everything we have seen before.
What do people think of the school having a uniform shirt and pants for boys and shirt and dress for girls and all of them having different shoes, socks and things in varying shades of grey?
I will eventually draw a picture of costume ideas, I just have no time at the moment :)

Those links look awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2011 10:37 pm
CharlotteRose
(@charlotterose)
NarniaWeb Nut

CharlotteRose: ARE YOU KIDDING ME... bullied for not wearing the right style of tie... that is the stupidest reason to traumatize and scar a person for life by bullying them EVER!
quote]

True Jill Pole, very true! But It happens! Many pupils at my school and others can testify to it :(

Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2011 7:18 am
Lilygloves
(@lilygloves)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I would imagine Jill and most of the characters at the school to wear darker, more drab colors, kind of as a representation for the terrible school. When she wears the Narnian clothes it should be vivid, maybe scarlet or mossy greens. The Harfang clothes should be frilly and look uncomfortable and scratchy. (And by should, I mean in my opinion of course)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2011 3:42 am
Jill_Pole
(@jill_pole_1590370812)
NarniaWeb Nut

No, should means should, because I entirely agree!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2011 12:33 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lu_Valient, I really loved the plaid skirt. I think it is a nice idea to have Jill wear that.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2012 7:27 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

The Lady Arwen Undómiel posted these images over in Cast and Character discussion (here)

I really like the knit hat and blazer combination in the first image. It seems to suit the idea of Jill quite well.

The other thing I've noticed is that we seem to keep circling around to the idea of a grey or plaid school uniform; and there's a similar sameness to the more Narnian outfits. So, when Silver Chair is costumed, do you think the costume designer should stick to expectations or should they try and wow us with something totally different?

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2013 3:48 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I would vote for a minor change. Maybe something in regards to the types of fabrics. Something that would be considered "modern" for the school uniform for the time period. As the Experiment House was one of those crazy schools, I could see them pushing a new type of uniform on the kids. Or something that looked very military in style even.

For her Narnian clothes, something like Susan wore in PC during the battle. Not with the leather or chain mail, but something in that style that's a bit more fitting for travel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2013 5:22 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

*blows dust off the thread* A-CHOO! ;))

I did a series of Narnian inspired drawings and 2nd to One commented that this reminded him of Jill in Last Battle.

It sort of hearkens back to my all-time favorite possible Jill costume which also has the double breasted long vest. But I think this is almost too cheerful for LB.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2014 7:15 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Wow, I love that design, Meltintalle! It really blends feminine and practical elements so seamlessly, and those two themes really do emcompass Jill's style, in my mind. Love the colors, too! Soft browns and blues always look so nice together.

Your other design is lovely as well! Beautiful shade of blue, and I love the cape, overdress and embroidery. I do see what you mean about it seeming almost too cheerful/fancy for The Last Battle, though... at least, when they're still fighting in Narnia. It might be just the thing for when she finds herself in Aslan's Country.

It could also potentially work for The Silver Chair, provided that the filmmakers have Jill remain in the nice, Narnian clothes given to her at Cair Paravel instead of changing back into her sweater and shorts before going on the quest. (I have never understood why shorts are supposed to be a good idea when going on a hike to the snowy north. /:)) Out of the things that the willow dryad gave her to wear, one of the few pieces Jill takes with her is a hooded cape, so that already fits. :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2014 8:42 am
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Simply say cute.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2014 2:46 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

I can't make up my mind whether I would rather that Jill switched back to her shorts and sweater. The chance to see her wearing Narnian clothes more often is not to be despised, but then the contrast of her in the dress provided by the giantesses would be stronger if she went from shorts to a long, frilly sort of dress. Which, by the way, should be looking somewhat the worse for wear after the long descent into the Underworld.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 29, 2014 6:51 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

It is true that having Eustace and Jill dressed lightly on their journey north would make the weather conditions seem all the more appalling. Still, it makes me shiver just thinking about it. ;))

Maybe the costume designs could compromise and have Jill wear her school sweater over a simple Narnian dress? A mismatched outfit could actually be kind of cool and unique, especially considering what kind of school uniform elements you could play around with. (A striped tie re-purposed as a belt, for instance, or the uniform's vest over a lovely Narnian undershirt.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2014 9:33 am
Page 8 / 8
Share: