Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace VDT

IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have noticed we have one for lucy but not Eutace.here is what we know he is wearing so far.

so discuss.

Topic starter Posted : September 12, 2009 10:19 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

There is also this:
And a knitted vest, red and yellow, which I can not find a photograph of at this point.

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : September 15, 2009 12:04 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wonder what one he is given to wear on the ship?

Topic starter Posted : September 19, 2009 2:09 pm
LucyTheValiant
(@lucythevaliant)
NarniaWeb Regular

Who can tell at this point? ask again in a year! :)

Signature & Avatar made by Princess Anna

Posted : September 20, 2009 1:43 pm
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think he will wear both on the ship. The first photo seams to be of Eustace in Narnian clothes, the second is just his English clothes. At least this is what i think about it.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

Posted : September 20, 2009 2:55 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Yes, Adeona's photo looks very English 1940s, and the knitted "pullover" is very much of the same period.
(English vests are actually underwear!!)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : September 23, 2009 8:44 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Whoops! Thanks for correcting me!

Here is a photograph of Eustace wearing the pullover:

I believe he is wearing it over the second outfit; the English one.

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : September 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Lady Éowyn
(@lady-eowyn)
NarniaWeb Regular

Don't worry, you weren't using the term incorrectly, Adeona! Vest is a correct term, as is pullover. Though Americans use both terms, and Brits don't refer to this as a vest, neither term is the "right" one. Calling it a vest isn't wrong, and calling it a pullover is not more accurate than vest. It is a bit more specific in America, though. To be the most specific, we'd call it a pullover sweater vest.

I tend to use both terms on the costume site so as not to confuse, but I'm guessing most intelligent Brits will understand we are not trying to figure out how Eustace's underwear is knit. ;)

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:56 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Sorry, didn't mean to pick on you and say you were wrong, just to let you know that in an English film it's useful to know the relevant terms.
The kind that is sleeveless and buttoned down the front is known as a waistcoat (very Hobbity), although they are more usually woven material than knitted.

I was just throwing that comment in after confirming you were right about those clothes being English ones.

(You may, however, understand that on another thread I found it rather alarming to read that a photo was showing "Lucy in her vest" as she is much too old to be running around in her undergarment!! - not that we would allow such a thing, for either Lucy or Eustace ;) )

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : September 25, 2009 12:07 am
Arwen_Undomiel
(@arwen_undomiel)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I like the costumes shown in the picture very much! They're great. Hmm.... I should take Lucy's outfit into account because I'm being a pirate for Halloween. Very nice costumes! I especially love the fabric they use.

Posted : October 21, 2009 1:27 pm
Peepiceeka
(@peepiceeka)
NarniaWeb Regular

:) The Eustace wardrobe is really looking great as far as period relevance and style goes. He'll probably wear what Caspian and Edmund wear on the ship.

Posted : November 27, 2009 7:44 am
Share: