Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ramandu & Lilliandil

Page 2 / 2
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

On the positive side, this film has maintained the "children's story" feeling, yet it is clear that Caspian is interested in seeing this lady again, and we know he goes back to Narnia (via her island), so logically they will meet again. Most of this film is seen through the eyes of the three children.

In the next film we will see the next step of this; I understand that Lewis wasn't expecting to write more than these three tales, and so he did have to write a paragraph tying up loose ends (such as marrying off Caspian and this lady), whereas the film maker who hopes to make the next one has time to wait to elaborate on the relationship.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : December 5, 2010 9:04 pm
Queen Lilliandil
(@queen-lilliandil)
NarniaWeb Regular

I was reading through this entire page and coracle I'm glad I caught yours because like DamselJillPole i'm also worried about the Caspian and Lilliandil relationship in this film. #:-s

A Proud Supporter for a Jilrian Jill/Tirian Romance.-PM DamselJillPole.
I don't like Susan (never have or will) so sue me!

Posted : December 5, 2010 9:35 pm
joy93
(@joy93)
NarniaWeb Nut

It's not fair that they give a non existing and made up couple more screen time then an actual romance that takes place in the books. I'm really upset about about this and a lot of other Caspian/Lilliandil fans will be too!

I was disappionted too :( :( they could have made this part a bit more longer. I was thrilled though that Caspian said "I hope we meet agian" :D :D :D :D :D that really made my day :p :p I just wish the sceen would not have been so short :(

Posted : December 10, 2010 12:53 pm
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

There wasn't a relationship. They did show that Caspian was interested in her, but that was it.

They also implied earlier in the film that Caspian hadn't found a queen because he hadn't found a girl he liked as much as Susan.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

Posted : December 10, 2010 6:00 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

I liked how there was a brief reference to Susan in the beginning, but he was obviously very attracted to Ramda. I thought their little "Thing" (not really a romance yet!) was good and just about right. If only the film makers had not included that pointless little "No!" from Ed to emphasize her "Stunning beauty"! It kinda watered down what little of Casiandil there was!

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : December 10, 2010 7:30 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Liliandil's presence in te film was too short, but then again, the entire film was too short, so what's the difference?

On a brighter note, I was very much taken with Liliandil. They nailed her character from the books, and the visuals were stunning. That's a nice consulation prize, anyway. (DJP, there was one part of the film where I specifically remember thinking "I bet DamselJillPole will like this part." Unfortunately I don't remember what happened onscreen to make me think that.)

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : December 10, 2010 7:49 pm
DestrierDragon
(@destrierdragon)
NarniaWeb Regular

I am hoping in the silver chair we will see more of Liliandill. The movie did not do it justice. It seemed fitting that since they gave Liliandill so much of Ramandu's part, they should have just given her the Island name. Also, if the build up had been to Lilliandill's Island, there you have an opportunity for a charachter, hopefully Caspian, to ask casually 'who is Lilliandill?' thus we begin some anticipation and interest, and a bit of background, which could have made the few scenes with her more significant.

I assume that even if we jump into Narnia when Caspian is old, in the Silver Chair, they will still give us flashbacks with young Caspian and Lilliandill, especially her death, becuase that is a huge emotional motivation in the story, and very thematic, the stuff hollywood loves. :-?? :-??

Are you a writer!? Visit my site for Christian writers, www.pensofglory.com as we share the hope we have in Christ, and change the world with words

Posted : December 11, 2010 3:13 pm
Tirian541
(@tirian541)
NarniaWeb Regular

It was strange that there was no Ramandu in person... Like really, Caspian "only" marries Ramandu's daughter! :P He had to be there...

Posted : December 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Agreed Movie Aristotle and DestrierDragon (although I doubt she will have even a cameo in the Silver Chair if it comes out) that it was too short. It felt very rushed...kind of like, "Oh, quick, quick, they need to meet and fall in love and find out about the Dark Island, hurry, hurry!!!" I felt like I was playing a game of hopscotch watching the movie--jump here, jump there, from this to that, without enough explanation or time or depth.
I'm afraid I was not impressed with Lilliandil's performace. I felt no poise, no grace, no charm from her--only a cheesy smile. I didn't like Laura Brent; I felt that role deserved a better actress.
Tirian541

It was strange that there was no Ramandu in person

Yes, it was. If it's Ramandu's Island, and she's Ramandu's Daughter...then where is Ramandu? Who is he, anyway? We never hear anything about him or see him. Why isn't he around? There are just too many gaps in the film....... :| :-

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : December 12, 2010 1:08 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

That, and Ramandu IS the blue star. Isn't he?

I like the fact that at least they referenced him. And that Lilliandil had a name and such a big role.

I wish they had shown Caspian returning to Lilliandil at the end. It would be a good way to show that Caspian had finally found himself a queen. I mean, it does show that to Caspian, Lilliandil is more than just another pretty girl. But I would have still liked to see them be together at the end.

Posted : December 12, 2010 6:40 am
Lady_Liln
(@lady_liln)
NarniaWeb Nut

Nope, RD was the Blue Star. That's why she came out of the sky as a blue orb and said "Hello, travelers, I am your guide" or whatever. Ramandu was just a name in this film. :(

Posted : December 12, 2010 7:20 am
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie

It was weird that they kept Ramandu's name even though they cut him from the movie. Except for the "If it is a distraction for you..." ( 8-| ) line, I really liked this scene. Visually, it was beautiful and very close to my imagination, with the dark blues and soft golds. It felt like a place of purity like in the book (if only they had left out that dumb line! *headdesk*). I liked Laura Brent as Ramandu's Daughter, although I'll admit that I'm biased. :x Seriously though, I thought she did a really good job of playing the Faerie Queene type.

Posted : December 22, 2010 7:06 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: