Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Caspian - Ben Barnes

Page 2 / 15
Queen of Narnia
(@queen-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

Sleepwalking Since I haven't seen any pic with Peter wearing a beard yet and since the pics of Caspian we got to see so far aren't the best, I can't say how much the look matches. I'll have to see more pics of King Caspian to say more about it.

belzinga As far as I know Ben's going to appear at the TIFF on coming Friday, 11th. The Dorian Gray premiere there is actually the World Premiere of the movie. So it's going to be a big event, so I guess he's supposed to be there to promote the film.
I've seen Dorian Gray last week in London but since this was just a preview screening for journalists and fans and no official premiere no one of the filmcrew was there.

Posted : September 7, 2009 10:40 am
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

wow, he looks a lot older than in PC. Definitely more king-like. In real life isn't he about 30 years old? Still young looking for 30 though.

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:09 am
Queen of Narnia
(@queen-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

He's 28 years old. Due to his younger look he always played younger characters so far. :)

Posted : September 7, 2009 2:07 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think the beard on Caspian was an excellent addition.
In PC he looked much like a prince, as well he should have,
but it's three years since and he is now a king, and the beard sure helps bring that forward.

Posted : September 7, 2009 3:21 pm
Sleepwalking
(@sleepwalking)
NarniaWeb Regular

Sleepwalking Since I haven't seen any pic with Peter wearing a beard yet and since the pics of Caspian we got to see so far aren't the best, I can't say how much the look matches. I'll have to see more pics of King Caspian to say more about it.

Oh, I just meant King Peter's look at the end of LWW...*shrug* =)

NW sibs: MissAravis, evenstar101, Heroine of Chivalry
Twin: winterlife

Posted : September 7, 2009 6:18 pm
JadistarkilleR
(@jadistarkiller)
NarniaWeb Regular

belzinga As far as I know Ben's going to appear at the TIFF on coming Friday, 11th. The Dorian Gray premiere there is actually the World Premiere of the movie. So it's going to be a big event, so I guess he's supposed to be there to promote the film.
I've seen Dorian Gray last week in London but since this was just a preview screening for journalists and fans and no official premiere no one of the filmcrew was there.

Ben will be at TIFF? is that confirmed? i know he's part of the guest list, but then again every actor whose movie is showcasing at TIFF is on the list. :))
so if he will be in Toronto this Thursday/Friday, that means because he'll be taking time off filming VDT wouldnt he? be a good time to keep an eye out on that ship or see what they'll be shooting on those days.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:02 pm
VDT2010
(@vdt2010)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Guess we'll find out tomorrow :)

Posted : September 10, 2009 7:12 am
JadistarkilleR
(@jadistarkiller)
NarniaWeb Regular

heres the vid Ben did where he spoke about that sparring with Skandar. apparently Skandar got a little carried away and Ben got the fat lip in return :))

i uploaded the complete HD quality version, the previous one skipped for a few seconds halfway through the interview

i'm still doubtful if Ben can make it to TIFF, this video was taken Thursday afternoon in Australia (Thursday morning UK time), if he has to travel to Toronto to make it to the Friday screening of Dorian Gray he should've been on the plane already. anyway we'll see if Ben would show up anytime during the festival.

Posted : September 11, 2009 1:47 am
Queen of Narnia
(@queen-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

JadistarkilleR thank you so much for uploading the interview!

Maybe he was yet able to make it to Toronto. Since Colin Firth isn't coming to the premiere it wouldn't be advantageous if Ben wouldn't be there, too. There's still hope for the fans in Toronto, because Ben visited the Easy Virtue Premiere at last years TIFF, too. And at that time he was in the middle of the Dorian Gray shooting in London. :)

Posted : September 11, 2009 4:22 am
JadistarkilleR
(@jadistarkiller)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ben actually made it to TIFF, it seems that he made a flight out right after that interview with GMTV and made it the night before/ morning of the Dorian Gray premiere.

lots more photos at http://benbarnesfan.com

here's a vid someone got of the Dorian Gray screening with Ben and director Oliver Parker opening the movie:

Posted : September 12, 2009 3:51 pm
Larien
(@larien)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I'm not sure I'm really liking Ben Barnes look as King Caspian. The beard is okay (maybe), but the long hair is a little over the top for me. :-o It was okay in PC, but this is TOO MUCH! Who knows, maybe it will turn out better in the movie. But.....I'm not a fan of long hair on guys. No matter what time period.

I'm Proud To Be A Fan of Narnia and Lord Of The Rings!
Jesus Is My Lord and Savior - Do You Know Him? John 3:16
I Survived the Great Forum Upheaval of '09 (barely)

Posted : September 13, 2009 8:12 am
cuppycakesrach
(@cuppycakesrach)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow that interview was interesting ... usually I'll turn a video off after about a minute of it but I watched the whole thing this time :-o =))

I think Ben makes an excellent Caspian ... can't wait for the movie!!!!!

" We have nothing if not belief"

Posted : September 13, 2009 3:40 pm
Narniafan#1
(@narniafan1)
NarniaWeb Nut

I really like Ben as Prince Caspian. He does a GREAT job at his acting.
I haven't seen Dorian Grey. . .and I don't want to really. It looks scary.
But I have seen Stardust and he's in that. He did a great job in that, along with PC.

<-made by nz_narnia_nut,avvie by Djeq
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/narnianheart-You can get cool prizes when you sign up for Swagbucks (like Starbucks gift cards)!

Posted : September 16, 2009 11:19 am
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ben Barnes,

aside of Narnia I have seen him in two other movies:
I saw him first in Stardust, prior to Prince Caspian, and I liked him despite his short screen time.

I just saw him last night in Easy Virtue.
The movie itself I found to be just average- I wasn't emotionally attached to it as I usually like in movies. (some parts are not suitable for kids).

Ben Barnes did deliver a well done performance,
I think the guy has talent and definitely has a bright future ahead.

Posted : September 16, 2009 12:15 pm
JadistarkilleR
(@jadistarkiller)
NarniaWeb Regular

King Caspian channeling a certain Ranger from Middle Earth ;), complete with green ring!

and these must've been taken soon after the sparring mishap with Skandar. note that Ben cleverly turns his back against the crowd. also i dont remember ever seeing Skandar's body language looking so apologetic :))

Posted : September 16, 2009 10:29 pm
Page 2 / 15
Share: