Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Caspian - Ben Barnes

Page 15 / 15
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Is it me, or am I the only one who thought the accent was cool? I am relieved he dropped it though for VDT. Telmarine accented Narnians and kings like Rillian terrify me! :-o :p

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : December 18, 2010 9:02 am
Elanor
(@elanor)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I certainly didn't mind the accent, and though it might have been better if it had never been there, taking it away was simply weird. It was too marked to expect no one to notice! :p

NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby

Posted : December 18, 2010 9:28 am
AslanIsOnTheMove
(@aslanisonthemove)
NarniaWeb Nut

Is it me, or am I the only one who thought the accent was cool? I am relieved he dropped it though for VDT. Telmarine accented Narnians and kings like Rillian terrify me! :-o :p

I really liked his PC accent. I really wish they'd have waited until SC to change it. It would've made more sense because more Narnian years would have gone by. It would be believable for the Telmarine accent to have faded and for Caspian to sound mor Narnian than Telmarine. If I'm not mistaken humans are outnumbered like 5 to 1 by the time of The Silver Chair so the Narnian way of speaking would be more prevalent. It would make perfect since for Prince Rilian to talk like a Narnian instead of a Telmarine. Oh well. It is what it is.

Posted : December 20, 2010 8:17 pm
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

I`m glad he dropped the accent. I think it allowed him to concentrate on the other parts of his acting better. As well, it was easier to understand him and the other Telmarines (at least for me.) :p

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : December 21, 2010 3:09 am
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

LOL Valiant. I agree. He sounded a bit more.... decent when he dropped his accent. ;)

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : December 21, 2010 3:41 am
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

I didn't mind the accent, I think it's cute too, but if dropping it helps him to relax more into the role then so be it :D

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Posted : December 21, 2010 12:38 pm
Lady Lilliandil
(@lady-lilliandil)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think he was perfect for the part of Caspian! They could not have found a better actor than Ben. He plays the part of King Caspian just like he should be, Sweet and brotherly. :) I walked in ( in the movie theater)with a friend who did not like Caspian and walked out with someone who LOVED Caspian. That shows amazing acting. I did not like the accent very much in Prince Caspian ether , I think it was better without. I'm sure he liked it better too, I know I would! :) ;) ;;) :p

Avie by:MissAdventure
siggy by:LucyP0104

Caspian + Lilliandil
"Love NEVER fails"

Posted : January 1, 2011 5:28 am
Page 15 / 15
Share: