Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace - Will Poulter

Page 1 / 15
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has sailed into production and Eustace Clarence Scrubb will enter Narnia for the first time as portrayed by Will Poulter.
Welcome to the newest thread about Eustace for discussion on three topics!

1) Will Poulter in his role as Eustace
2) Will Poulter in his other roles and public appearances
3) Will Poulter in the news! (Gossip is still off limits!)

Yep, you read it correctly! We are tweaking the topic to allow discussion about Will outside of his role as Eustace. We're including discussion on other roles that he has portrayed, and any news about Will Poulter (gossip and rumors about the actor's personal life are still off limits!). So have fun and welcome to the new thread!

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2009 7:05 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Will Poulter,
let me just say that when he first was announced for the role I looked him up. The picture that was attached allowed to see what he looked liked and I instantly thought he looked good for the part.
I wanted further proof and so I rented Son of Rambow, though not a huge fan of the movie itself I did like his role in it and I can definitely see him as Eustace.

Not much for me to say on him yet,
but I do have high hopes for him in Narnia. The pics released so far are promising. :D

Posted : September 5, 2009 11:18 am
digory83
(@digory83)
NarniaWeb Newbie

In the pics I saw I thought He looked too cute for the character of Eustace, instead of being an odious stuck up pig, as he was written. Hope He's a great actor.

You shall meet me, dear one, but there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there. VotDT Ch. 16

Posted : September 5, 2009 5:15 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

In the pics I saw I thought He looked too cute for the character of Eustace, instead of being an odious stuck up pig.

In the interviews he's as such as well, makes him ideal for the after Eustace,
if you want to see a better him for the before Eustace I recommend checking out Ron of Rambow. It helps.

Posted : September 6, 2009 2:29 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Actually in the first pic he looked ugly. Then, he won my heart in some other pics later when he smiled and that is good for Eustace. He's not attractive but when smiles wins your heart and the smile is good fro the redeemed Eustace.

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : September 6, 2009 7:53 am
JadistarkilleR
(@jadistarkiller)
NarniaWeb Regular

honestly, when i first saw Will P, he looked like a kid i could hate. and because of that i love it! :D (in comparison to seeing Ben Barnes as Caspian, i was upset because he looked so much older than i expected. and he had dark hair. :| )

but if there is one thing that Narnia casting is consistent with, is that they find excellent actors who delivers what the role requires, and better yet, wins over the skeptics that may not have accepted them initially. so i'm looking forward to all the great things that Will has to offer. i am really looking forward to his Eustace, both here in VDT and specially (hopefully!) in Silver Chair.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.

Posted : September 6, 2009 4:12 pm
Lucy P.
(@lucy-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm looking forward to seeing the acting Will dishes out! I hear he's very good.

As far as looks go, he's perfect for the part.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Posted : September 7, 2009 1:29 pm
Aldor
(@aldor)
NarniaWeb Newbie

VDT should be very interesting in terms of acting. Since there's not as much action as in the previous two films the actors will be forced to work on different parts of their roles. I hope it works out for Will and the rest of the cast!

I support Scrubb!
av:Lucy P. sig:me

Posted : September 9, 2009 1:14 pm
PeaceAndLove
(@peaceandlove)
NarniaWeb Regular

Those Dawn Treader set photos on news, I felt like a little sad I don't see Will P. as Eustace.
But there are some new paparazzi snaps on titomedia.com.
We who are not registered can only see a few thumbnails though, there is Eustace!
I guess that is a scene of after "stealing water".
I had thought he had not any punishment about that.

Posted : September 10, 2009 4:51 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

For those who go to the titomedia site, do NOT download any image from there unless you pay for them. They have a strict fine of $100,000 a picture illegally downloaded. fantasia queried them about buying some so we could post them here and they said it was something like $70 a picture.

Edit: Also, if you click on that link, most of their pictures are NOT family friendly in any way. So please consider carefully before visiting that site.

Posted : September 10, 2009 5:09 am
PeaceAndLove
(@peaceandlove)
NarniaWeb Regular

starkat: Too expensive!

Thankfully, we can see many photos from the fans.
Much fun and exciting!
I can wait for the official stills though.

kejojohn on Flickr update some DT set photos.
I think I found Eustace dressed in English cloth on here and here.
I feel sorry to see Eustace looks so lonely and so alone. :(

Posted : September 10, 2009 5:51 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Yup. I was very very happy when these photos started coming out because it gave us some good pictures. :D

Posted : September 10, 2009 5:59 am
PeaceAndLove
(@peaceandlove)
NarniaWeb Regular

On Kerrie Gurney's Blog, there are many nice photos from the set.
And today, she updates with some photos of Will P. on the ship!
Eustace still dosen't look happy.
I'm waiting to see his smile.

Posted : September 11, 2009 4:26 am
therinca
(@therinca)
NarniaWeb Regular

On Kerrie Gurney's Blog, there are many nice photos from the set.

It's a pity they're shot from distance. But I understand that they're just fan photos and so they're not going to be a very good quality.
Anyways I'm absolutely longing the day when we'll see official still.

I've been wondering recently how they're going to shoot the scene where Eustace teases Reepicheep (with that I also hoep it's going to be in the movie :- ). It'd be funny to see a video of how they shot that. :D

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one."
LiveJournal

Posted : September 11, 2009 8:09 am
PeaceAndLove
(@peaceandlove)
NarniaWeb Regular

I really want to see many Eustace with Reepicheep scenes!
Especially, Eu swong Reep.
I guess Will P. swing a stand-in.
A giant rat for it --I'm not serious. :))
Seriously, a plush mouse as you can see in the behind-the-scenes book.

Posted : September 11, 2009 1:44 pm
Page 1 / 15
Share: